Weather

Bigbob

12 hours ago, poe34 said:

You're on point on the climate remark. Climate change is really causing weather anomalies

Well if your right the climate has been changing as far back as I can remember ( 70+years ) we have had these anomalies  !

would you like to show some real proof to these new anomalies, or are you just quoting the hype that is being spouted by the likes of

Ban oil, Ban Beef, ban lead shot , ban owt that may get headlines !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, old'un said:

Snow for you tomorrow, the lady on the TV said so. :yes:

Just got back from what was bitterly cold day , left mine this morning with it being minus 3 , then the mist turned to fog and the conditions were just on the border line , we carried on and it was very difficult to pick up , if you stood to far back you couldn't see what the guns were firing at and if you stood to close you had a job to follow any pricked birds , came out from dinner a little after two and it was back to minus 2 , done two more smallish drives and called it a day when the light was going and the fog was getting dense , not one of the best days to be out all day , but there yer go , all part of the package .     MM

12 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Just got back from what was bitterly cold day , left mine this morning with it being minus 3

Similar here, but mist rather than fog and was (briefly) clear early afternoon.  Below freezing all day and luckily no wind or it would have felt even colder.  Small day (36 birds i think) but enjoyed by all.  I wasn't shooting today.

Got up at 4am for a whizz and everything was white with a hard frost woke up at 7am and theres six inches of snow . Been babysitting all day came back at 6 pmish and the only bit of the grove thats not been cleaned is a couple with 3 twenty odd year old sons . So i headed down to the grit bin i figured it would be empty a couple of inches of water  in the top and its nearly full gritted the pavement and see about cleaning it tommorrow in the daylight 

32 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Similar here, but mist rather than fog and was (briefly) clear early afternoon.  Below freezing all day and luckily no wind or it would have felt even colder.  Small day (36 birds i think) but enjoyed by all.  I wasn't shooting today.

Glad you had an enjoyable day despite the cold conditions , I feel the cold now and it wasn't one of the best days to be standing around to long , touch wood I have got a really good heater in my car and was spoilt with the steering wheel getting warm and the seats were also nice and warm , trouble is you felt the cold when you had to get back out , certainly getting soft in my ole age :lol:   MM

21 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Scully, that is one beautiful picture you put up, very atmospheric indeed.

Well done.  Pushkin:good:

Thankyou. Pleased you like it. 
When we’re on the lower slopes of the Fells the North Pennines are less than a mile away, and we can see clear over to the Lakes Fells in the West. It really is stunning scenery; we often see the guns taking pictures from their pegs. 

Just let work now I'm going to be late tomorrow,  I usually travel up the night before but apparently the A590 is a right mess, probably only a couple of inches of snow and everything comes to a halt.

I've driven in all sorts before but I'm not setting off knowing it's bad and getting stuck behind a load of folk panicking because they can't see the white lines.

What is that white stuff.  I  have seen it very occasionally. Is it frost.?  This morning there was a sort of frozen drizzle on the ca4s and the road. But it was all gone by 10 o'clock. I went out and checked her car out and ran the engine so that it was warm inside for her and the grandkids to go to a pantomime.   When she came back this afternoon, fog had comedown a bit getting heavier until 1/4 hour ago when it has been lifting..a bit.  IF  we ever do see that white stuff, ( once in the blue moon) it is generally all gone by lunchtime.  IF we do get the white stuff it could be the beginning of the end of the world as we know it and we might have to fly south,,,like.. to the canaries. 

Ps.. how do you know if there is too much  space snow.?  The dog disappears into the snow when it goes out for a poop. And you can't throw a shovel of snow up on top of the pile.  Of snow.    Not dog poop

Edited by Minky

2 hours ago, Sciurus said:

IMG_2155.jpeg.c94ee3f281a3b68898c4521fd3725027.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg.7a4fd3bff1a8dc4d7e6baa55deafa059.jpeg

@Mice!Windermere at 4 pm, it’s still snowing at 9pm. Roads are total chaos and gridlocked ,cars abandoned everywhere .

I think you might be better having the day off👍

I've seen cars all stopped on Lindale hill mate, amazing how fast things come to a standstill despite the gritters being out.

So I cracked a beer 🍺 

5 hours ago, Bigbob said:

There was a new Spar in a village 5 miles away put a notice in the window saying folk in pyjams where not allowed in LOL 

Our Asda has the same rule plus topless males are not allowed in either.

Doesn’t mention topless females 🫣

On 01/12/2023 at 19:52, Scully said:

From the first drive this morning. 
image.jpeg.753cf199df00beeca0210ffc599131bb.jpeg

That would make a great Xmas card

:shaun:

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. Here’s another from the same drive. 
image.jpeg.59f39a9f2baa14eaa59304a6427a3e3b.jpeg

that is perfect.............you need to save that pic otherwise that moment intime wil be lost forever :good:

i took thousands of pics in africa over the years  ..(film type of pics).....and they were all interesting but i rekon only one in 50 were "good"...