Car insurance renewal

steve_b_wales

My insurance is due for renewal on Jan 1st '24. I'm with Hastings Direct and have a full comprehensive policy with max' no claims discount and key protection. The price I paid for this years insurance was £286:43. I've just had an email from them stating that the new price will be £550:50. I've just contacted them and the guy I spoke to agreed that the quote was very high, however he can get that reduced, and then quoted £480:60! He did suggest that I look online to see if I can get like for like insurance cheaper. Time to check out the comparison websites, as I did for my current insurance. 

I got £70 off my renewal price by sitting with go compare open on the laptop when i phoned them and reminded them i had the house and  contents  and recovery insured with them , They are saying prices are going up due to costs and parts are more expencive but it appeares theres no loyalty bonus any more 

We are all paying extra premiums to cover the uninsured drivers, which now number in the thousands and of course the extra costs to cover the electric cars even though we don't  drive them. I don't  even park near them anymore. If the uninsured driver gets caught he will more than likely  only get fined a tenner. Who is the mug.

From Auntie.

UPDATE:

I've just taken out an insurance policy with Swinton (essentials) which is indentical to the one I have now, and the price was £297:06. I contacted Hastings Direct again to ensure that they do not automatically renew my policy when it expires (as stated on their website) and a stroppy bitch tried all ways to keep me with them, despite me telling her that I have already paid another company. Also, by going through Go Compare, I get £250 towards any excess that I may have to pay if I have a bump etc.

Edited by steve_b_wales

Mine went from £550 to over £1100.

That’d with 1 accident that was non fault and totally paid by the other party. 

Shopped around on all the comparison sites as well as 7-8 companies not on them and it was £1400+. 

All whilst providing absolutely awful service when needed. 

Insurance is going up because of the 'electric car effect '

Even a very minor knock to an electric car will write it off because the batteries cannot be repaired.

Although you are not driving an electric car the insurance companies are predicting the possible risk that you might hit one in the coming year.

So everybody's insurance is going up and will continue to go up year on year.

• 3 weeks later...