Were Hamas voted in by Palestinians?

Dave-G

Some of you know I'm slightly autistic and a bit bad with words so please help me put the seemingly popular 'hate Israel' thing into context.

Much like my thoughts about Russia vs Ukraine: I'm thinking each side is as bad as the other when taking historical hatred into consideration. I'm not looking for any rights or wrongs to be brought here and please don't let this topic get out of hand: if it does, as its my topic I'll ask for it to be closed.

I just can't help feeling Palestinians voted for Hamas and can't find reason for people blaming Israel for the seed Hamas sowed. I need  short simple answers as I can't absorb long text.

Am I wrong?

Edited by Dave-G

I am also struggling to give any sympathy , Hamas started it and now although it may seem  Israel are being overhanded this time they wont stop till they wipe Hamas off the face of the earth , I have a Israeli friend and he sent me videos of the Hamas attack and its horrific killing innocent people blowing up cars on the road and then killing any survivors

What i struggle to understand if they where real men why the so called Hamas fighters dont surrender to Israel and let  the aid in and rebuilding start 

I read somewhere that Hamas were 90,000 in number, but held sway over 6 million Palestinians?
The numbers may be wrong admittedly as it was a while ago, but I think there’s a huge difference between the two. 
I remember thinking at the time, how does such a small number ( in comparison ) effectively dictate policy over such a number, unless that greater number is agreeable to that policy? 

It’s the type of organisation that if you don’t “vote” for them; they drag you into the streets and shoot you in the face … alongside your family. 

I don’t think they’re interested in votes. 

That said, it does appear (although I’ve hardly researched it at all) that many Palestinians support them, share a hatred for the Jews, yet want to stand back when it comes back their way saying “oh that wasn’t us”. 

24 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Some of you know I'm slightly autistic and a bit bad with words so please help me put the seemingly popular 'hate Israel' thing into context.

Much like my thoughts about Russia vs Ukraine: I'm thinking each side is as bad as the other when taking historical hatred into consideration. I'm not looking for any rights or wrongs to be brought here and please don't let this topic get out of hand: if it does, as its my topic I'll ask for it to be closed.

I just can't help feeling Palestinians voted for Hamas and can't find reason for people blaming Israel for the seed Hamas sowed. I need  short simple answers as I can't absorb long text.

Am I wrong?

Because anything bad said about Hamas is viewed by the Palestinians/ Arabs as anti Islamic  and therfore they are now the victims and should be supported regardless of the facts.

Hamas is a bloody Mafia...they are happily living in luxury in Saudi wooping it up...they are hard core muslim and control freaks.....if you dont vote for them things become very difficult for you and your family.....what they did was worse than the excesses of ww2 by the russians and germans...it was horrific.....

i believe the average Palistinian justs wants to live in peace and get on with life

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

That said, it does appear (although I’ve hardly researched it at all) that many Palestinians support them, share a hatred for the Jews, yet want to stand back when it comes back their way saying “oh that wasn’t us”. 

These are the truest words spoken. 

Both sides absolutly detest one another and neither side will rest untill the other is driven into the sea.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I read somewhere that Hamas were 90,000 in number, but held sway over 6 million Palestinians?
The numbers may be wrong admittedly as it was a while ago, but I think there’s a huge difference between the two. 
I remember thinking at the time, how does such a small number ( in comparison ) effectively dictate policy over such a number, unless that greater number is agreeable to that policy? 

Maybe because they have the guns, bombs and indoctrination capabilities. Oh, and mostly because that's what the general population want!!!

Edited by Penelope

I do laugh when I see these rent a mob idiots at the protests. 

Blatant in your face types dressed in sexually inappropriate outfits with signs saying “Free Palestine” yet if they set foot in the country they’d likely be stoned to death with the public cheering it on. 

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

I do laugh when I see these rent a mob idiots at the protests. 

Blatant in your face types dressed in sexually inappropriate outfits with signs saying “Free Palestine” yet if they set foot in the country they’d likely be stoned to death with the public cheering it on. 

Many of which would be thrown off a tall building if there were any left.

The usual useful idiots of the insane left.

Parts of both communities call for the end of the other so the extremists on both sides are as bad as each other. In my mind trying to create a fundamentalist state (Israel) goes against all the values of freedom that we in the west support. All of this masks the vast majority of the population, on both sides, that simply want to live in peace and get on with the short lives we have. 

When you feel your back is against the wall you are more likely to vote for change however it comes. We should resist fundamentalism in all its forms. It starts with small infringement of liberty, of freedom of speech, workers rights or upholding international norms and it ends in the sewer. No one chooses a journey that ends in a sewer but it's easy to be distracted at the junctions on the highway. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Parts of both communities call for the end of the other so the extremists on both sides are as bad as each other. In my mind trying to create a fundamentalist state (Israel) goes against all the values of freedom that we in the west support. All of this masks the vast majority of the population, on both sides, that simply want to live in peace and get on with the short lives we have. 

When you feel your back is against the wall you are more likely to vote for change however it comes. We should resist fundamentalism in all its forms. It starts with small infringement of liberty, of freedom of speech, workers rights or upholding international norms and it ends in the sewer. No one chooses a journey that ends in a sewer but it's easy to be distracted at the junctions on the highway. 

In Tel Aviv I can get on a bus driven by an Arab, I can go buy things in a shop owned by an Arab, I can ask an Arab policeman for directions to a restaurant owned by Arabs, where I can eat a meal cooked by Arabs. If I am ill I could go to a hospital where an Arab nurse, doctor or surgeon could treat me. Now tell me where in the Arab world could you visit and see these roles fulfilled by a Jew.

Hammas are adored and fervently  supported by the vast majority of Palestinians, indeed the majority  of the Arab world. The actual number of members of the terrorist  organisation may be relatively small but they have massive active support and sympathy.

The Irish terrorists/ murderers were similar organisations, not great in number but the support of most of population  of British haters.

Incredibly,  both Hammas and the Ira have vast support in the UK and USA!

52 minutes ago, oowee said:

It starts with small infringement of liberty, of freedom of speech, workers rights or upholding international norms and it ends in the sewer. No one chooses a journey that ends in a sewer but it's easy to be distracted at the junctions on the highway. 

Funny - that reminds me of what is happening in this country currently.......

41 minutes ago, toontastic said:

In Tel Aviv I can get on a bus driven by an Arab, I can go buy things in a shop owned by an Arab, I can ask an Arab policeman for directions to a restaurant owned by Arabs, where I can eat a meal cooked by Arabs. If I am ill I could go to a hospital where an Arab nurse, doctor or surgeon could treat me. Now tell me where in the Arab world could you visit and see these roles fulfilled by a Jew.

Are Israeli Arabs equally represented in parliament? 

38 minutes ago, benbobailey said:

Incredibly,  both Hammas and the Ira have vast support in the UK and USA!

How big is this 'vast'? 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Are Israeli Arabs equally represented in parliament? 

How big is this 'vast'? 

Going by the massive turnouts all over in recent demonstrations of support for Hammas and the little sympathy shown for Israel, I would suggest vast enough. Too vast. I cannot provide a detailed breakdown of exact numbers  sorry.

Ira support is vast enough as well, judging by the former members and sympathisers elected to government and invited as guests to our Parliament.

You will hear songs in support of both the terrorist organisations, sang by vast amounts of supporters at a capacity crowded football  stadium in the UK.

22 minutes ago, benbobailey said:

Going by the massive turnouts all over in recent demonstrations of support for Hammas and the little sympathy shown for Israel, I would suggest vast enough. Too vast. I cannot provide a detailed breakdown of exact numbers  sorry.

Ira support is vast enough as well, judging by the former members and sympathisers elected to government and invited as guests to our Parliament.

You will hear songs in support of both the terrorist organisations, sang by vast amounts of supporters at a capacity crowded football  stadium in the UK.

And how does support for Hamas differ from support for Palestinians?

12 minutes ago, benbobailey said:

I suggest you revisit your history lessons  and pay close attention to current affairs,if you are genuinely interested in world politics and terrorist organisations.   Regards

My ears ***** up when terms such as vast support for terrorism / terrorist organisations are bandied about without evidence. Support for the plight of the Palestinian's  could easily be misinterpreted as support for Hamas. Support for a cause should not be conflated with support for terrorism.

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

My ears ***** up when terms such as vast support for terrorism / terrorist organisations are bandied about without evidence. Support for the plight of the Palestinian's  could easily be misinterpreted as support for Hamas. Support for a cause should not be conflated with support for terrorism.

I am fairly sure that if the Palestinians didn't support Hamas then there would be no Hamas.