An interesting viewpoint on the forthcoming General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

4 minutes ago, amateur said:

What folk seem to have forgotten, is that the world suddenly had this unknown, Chinese-made plague descend upon them, which appeared to kill sufferers in unprecedented numbers and for which there appeared to be no cure, other than isolation.

The government took what they perceived to be the most appropriate steps.

Throw money at developing a vaccine, throw money at buying up what scarce protective equipment there was (when everyone else in the world was doing the same) and impose quarantine.

Yes, had there been more time, more stringent checks on the spend should have been imposed, yes, lowlives like Mone and others benefitted unduly, but, what was the alternative?

In the main, the UK populace responded well. PW members made protective equipment for free, as did others

Yes, we can all now say that things might have done differently, but I fail to see what a Labour government could have done better. Corruption exists on both sides of the House.

Hindsight is wonderful.

This. 
We are currently spending untold millions on an inquiry with the benefit of hindsight, in which we are all well qualified.
We are questioning politicians who in the main had to rely on the advice of ‘experts’. 
When are we going to start questioning the Chinese, and holding them to account? 

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Just watching some of that Mone corruption stuff. I hope a whole life term is possible. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

We are currently spending untold millions on an inquiry with the benefit of hindsight, in which we are all well qualified.

We've already spent £100m on an inquiry whose terms of reference preclude even asking if lockdowns were wise or effective in the first place. 

I hope the chair, who was allowed to set the terms, gets a whole life term.  And Valance and Whitty get the rope.

1 hour ago, amateur said:

What folk seem to have forgotten, is that the world suddenly had this unknown, Chinese-made plague descend upon them, which appeared to kill sufferers in unprecedented numbers and for which there appeared to be no cure, other than isolation.

The government took what they perceived to be the most appropriate steps.

Throw money at developing a vaccine, throw money at buying up what scarce protective equipment there was (when everyone else in the world was doing the same) and impose quarantine.

Yes, had there been more time, more stringent checks on the spend should have been imposed, yes, lowlives like Mone and others benefitted unduly, but, what was the alternative?

In the main, the UK populace responded well. PW members made protective equipment for free, as did others

Yes, we can all now say that things might have done differently, but I fail to see what a Labour government could have done better. Corruption exists on both sides of the House.

Hindsight is wonderful.

This!!!!!

Thankyou for putting this, I'd of tried but would of gone off on one and ranted. 

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

We've already spent £100m on an inquiry whose terms of reference preclude even asking if lockdowns were wise or effective in the first place. 

I hope the chair, who was allowed to set the terms, gets a whole life term.  And Valance and Whitty get the rope.

For me the two biggest questions are who's responsible for the virus and where exactly did it come from and was it right or legal to lock the entire country in their homes. Neither of which seem to be being looked at.

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

if hindsight cancels out the CRIME of fraud this time next year Del Boy and rodders will be millionaires! 

Of course hindsight doesn't cancel fraud, but the assumption that the Conservative's reaction to the pandemic was criminal and/or Labour would have done a better job of it is silly.

Quick decisions were made, mostly right, some were, with hindsight, wrong, but at least decisions were made.

59 minutes ago, amateur said:

Of course hindsight doesn't cancel fraud, but the assumption that the Conservative's reaction to the pandemic was criminal and/or Labour would have done a better job of it is silly.

Quick decisions were made, mostly right, some were, with hindsight, wrong, but at least decisions were made.

I was referring to mones fraud but ignoring expert medical advice during a pandemic causing needless deaths is still criminal negligence and not hindsight 

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I was referring to mones fraud but ignoring expert medical advice during a pandemic causing needless deaths is still criminal negligence and not hindsight 

Decision-making in the absence of any certainty is a fraught process.

A balance had to be made between keeping the whole population safe via lockdown and in the process ruining the economy or avoiding a lockdown and killing more people. The line was drawn based on conflicting expert guidance. That's what politicians have to do. It's scarcely a criminal offence if they err slightly one way or the other.

As has been pointed out on here before, the majority of deaths were of those with lives already compromised by old age or ill health.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

Would this be the 'expert' advice that said, and I quote:

We don't know much about the Omnicron variant, but everything we do know is bad

Which was an utter, blatant lie at the time and caused yet another over-reaction by government, resulting in needless suffering.

Listening to these so-called experts is tantamount to criminal neglience, and it took far too long for Boris et al to grow a pair and tell them to sling their hook, IMHO.

But of course we'll never know, because, once again, the terms of the inquiry preclude even asking these questions.  What utter fraud.  Mone is frankly a (doubtless welcome) distraction by comparison.

Baroness Mone's benefit from the PPE money only occurs on the death of her husband. It was his companyand she and their childen apparently stand to inherit. Would anybody here like to stand public trial for what they might inherit in a will? I don't know why she go a peerage but everybody and that means everybody is entitled to fairness and justice.

David.

8 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Baroness Mone's benefit from the PPE money only occurs on the death of her husband. It was his companyand she and their childen apparently stand to inherit. Would anybody here like to stand public trial for what they might inherit in a will? I don't know why she go a peerage but everybody and that means everybody is entitled to fairness and justice.

David.

The yacht and the wedding came well before any inheritance. The kids forked out £3m on properties during covid.

She and her husband will face justice, the money will be paid back and if guilty she will go down. She and her family will, at least, be forever disgraced. 

Mone was made a Baroness for her contribution to lingerie by Cameron. The whole affair stinks. It is exactly why this corrupt govt needs to be outed. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/23/the-yacht-the-wedding-and-29m-michelle-mones-life-during-the-covid-crisis

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

David.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

Baroness Mone's benefit from the PPE money only occurs on the death of her husband. It was his companyand she and their childen apparently stand to inherit. Would anybody here like to stand public trial for what they might inherit in a will? I don't know why she go a peerage but everybody and that means everybody is entitled to fairness and justice

Poppycock.

It is all about her and her husband lying to the press for three years about it all.

So who else was selling and had stock of PPE? and if they were used instead would they now be getting all this attention. 

I for one genuinely do not give a rats behind about who she is. the outcome of this will have any bearing on anyone on this forum. So most are getting wound up over something they have no control over 

23 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

So who else was selling and had stock of PPE? and if they were used instead would they now be getting all this attention. 

I for one genuinely do not give a rats behind about who she is. the outcome of this will have any bearing on anyone on this forum. So most are getting wound up over something they have no control over 

We are all paying for this, of course we should all be wound up about it. These people are stealing from all of us and laughing about it at the same time. Our individual outrage makes no difference but collectively we can make the environment unfavourable. If we have no morals, do not care what goes on in our name, turn a blind eye to corruption, then the more we will all be taken for a ride.

It starts with shop lifting and ends up in a £60m robbery. We have to stand up and be counted.

Edited by oowee

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

for one genuinely do not give a rats behind about who she is. the outcome of this will have any bearing on anyone on this forum. So most are getting wound up over something they have no control over

Isn't this the case with every thread posted none of us can do a damn thing about any of it but it doesn't stop members commenting 

14 hours ago, oowee said:

The yacht and the wedding came well before any inheritance. The kids forked out £3m on properties during covid.

She and her husband will face justice, the money will be paid back and if guilty she will go down. She and her family will, at least, be forever disgraced. 

Mone was made a Baroness for her contribution to lingerie by Cameron. The whole affair stinks. It is exactly why this corrupt govt needs to be outed. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/23/the-yacht-the-wedding-and-29m-michelle-mones-life-during-the-covid-crisis

Agreed Oowee, although I feel it's the system that's corrupt. Look at the benefits Tony Blair made via his wife's job as a human rights lawyer and the amount of immigration his policys bought to the country, or his decision to invade Iraq and the lack of consequences. 

Look at how limited company's work, with corrupt individuals able to exploite people and walk away Scott free.

I think our whole society needs an overhaul, the little people get stepped in like dog mess while the elites in society abuse them and the system. What separates some of these people and criminals are the laws that have been designed by them and their chums with the loopholes these exploitative individuals need to operate.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Agreed Oowee, although I feel it's the system that's corrupt. Look at the benefits Tony Blair made via his wife's job as a human rights lawyer and the amount of immigration his policys bought to the country, or his decision to invade Iraq and the lack of consequences. 

Look at how limited company's work, with corrupt individuals able to exploite people and walk away Scott free.

I think our whole society needs an overhaul, the little people get stepped in like dog mess while the elites in society abuse them and the system. What separates some of these people and criminals are the laws that have been designed by them and their chums with the loopholes these exploitative individuals need to operate.

Always about laws and loopholes?