Guilty pleasure

ditchman

2 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

😉

Just waiting till the end of the pheasant season to get in the wood to get that squirrel call going 👍

Go get 'em,,,, then cook and eat !? 😋😆

Been studying that nice looking plate of food, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

Eggy74 spotted it too, the bacon. But if there isnt any around what you have is good enough 👍 washed down with a nice cup of tea.

You are all right ...it is missing the bacon...i had an unopened pack of smoked streaky in the fridge  ...and i was about to open it and realised it would be the straw that broke the camels back..........

oh ....and the toast is not square ..it was triangular.....half of it got covered in oxford marmalade...

i have opened a new pack of rennies....but it was worth it

Can do it if I cook it myself, but a full English in a cafe now hits my guts like a train after about an hour and I’ve got to go!

I don’t know whether it’s palm oil or something else they’re using nowadays, but it doesn’t seem to effect mates; they have the full works and I’ll just have a much smaller version or possibly just poached eggs on toast with a bit of bacon.  

Called in at Tebay services the other week on way to a shoot and we both had a full English, mates being much ‘fuller’ than mine! Looked ok under the lights in the trays but it was bloody awful to eat! Mate thought it was great! 😄

Homemade is far more better than eating out brekfast these days, however, Midland hotel in Manchester does very nice eggs benedict for a £tenna

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Can do it if I cook it myself, but a full English in a cafe now hits my guts like a train after about an hour and I’ve got to go!

I don’t know whether it’s palm oil or something else they’re using nowadays, but it doesn’t seem to effect mates; they have the full works and I’ll just have a much smaller version or possibly just poached eggs on toast with a bit of bacon.  

Called in at Tebay services the other week on way to a shoot and we both had a full English, mates being much ‘fuller’ than mine! Looked ok under the lights in the trays but it was bloody awful to eat! Mate thought it was great! 😄

They sell canny fresh sausages in their shop, but ain;t cheap but good sized bangers

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

IMHO that is most unusual

8 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

IMHO that is most unusual

This is the Tebay services in the village itself, not those actually on the South/North bound M6. 
The hash browns looked great but were so tough I genuinely think they were reheats, and had to be torn apart, the sausages were similar and the less said about the bacon the better. 
The only part I enjoyed was the freshly cooked egg with toast and butter. 
I should have taken it back, or left a comment, but I’m not really one to complain ( not about motorway truck stops anyhow ) as truck stops are what they are. 
Anyhow, lesson learned. 🙂

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

You are all right ...it is missing the bacon...i had an unopened pack of smoked streaky in the fridge  ...and i was about to open it and realised it would be the straw that broke the camels back..........

oh ....and the toast is not square ..it was triangular.....half of it got covered in oxford marmalade...

i have opened a new pack of rennies....but it was worth it

Square bread 🤔🤔 I think they need their medication 💊 changing whoever said this, clearly its triangular 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

ps it looks 👌 😋😋😋😋

9 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Square bread 🤔🤔 I think they need their medication 💊 changing whoever said this, clearly its triangular 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

ps it looks 👌 😋😋😋😋

Does it come in plastic bags,,,,, already in triangular shapes ? 🥴😂

Edited by JKD

admit it......them mushrooms look good...........they were soooo tasty......

i gently fry them off in oil.....then glaze them with a big knob of butter...and a twist ortwo of black pepper

i often just have mushrooms on toast with streaky bacon....