1984 how was it for you? What were you doing?

harrycatcat1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prior to that date I was swinging about on the Head Stocks and in the Shafts of most of those mines that where on strike,

I was also single after a failed marriage and living the life of Riley with numerous girlfriends and plenty of dosh ,after that date I went down to London and with the help of a bunch of other guys we changed the sky line for them and made a load more dosh !  

On 01/03/2024 at 22:08, marsh man said:

I did get a row of  **** when I once mentioned the bird ( **** ) that is very similar to the Cormorant :hmm:

It's the 'ged' that got it through.

At school and fishing and shooting.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello,  i remember the George Orwell book in 1984 🤔🙄,  Has it become relevant in 2024 🤔

Could be a general political wet dream? 

"It denotes an attitude and a brutal policy of draconian control by propaganda, surveillance, disinformation, denial of truth (doublethink), and manipulation of the past, including the "unperson"—a person whose past existence is expunged from the public record and memory, practised by modern repressive governments."

What are your thoughts?

21 minutes ago, old man said:

"It denotes an attitude and a brutal policy of draconian control by propaganda, surveillance, disinformation, denial of truth (doublethink), and manipulation of the past, including the "unperson"—a person whose past existence is expunged from the public record and memory, practised by modern repressive governments."

What are your thoughts?

2024. he just got the dates wrong

26 minutes ago, old man said:

What are your thoughts?

Hello, Do you not think we have that in our Society now 🤔 Present and past Governments 🤔

2 hours ago, dainty duck said:

did you go back H?

Went back just before Christmas, I got £26 per week from the government for my wife and two kids and had to pay it all back over a few years when I went back. I was in debt and the kids were suffering. Bad times to be honest, lost a lot of money.

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Went back just before Christmas, I got £26 per week from the government for my wife and two kids and had to pay it all back over a few years when I went back. I was in debt and the kids were suffering. Bad times to be honest, lost a lot of money.

yes Harry bad times , split up families, shut businesses down .

3 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Living with two girls and ******** them both. Oh to go back.

It would be nice to think I still had that kind of energy never mind opportunity. 

Alternate nights? 
Was one better than the other? 
Go on, tell us please. 
Please! 
Make it up.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

Alternate nights? 
Was one better than the other? 
Go on, tell us please. 
Please! 
Make it up.

Alternating between the two at 15 minute intervals. 

I was in my prime, didn't need any help from Gordon or anyone else for that matter. 😁

A long time ago and seriously the best years of my life. Very grateful to be where I am now and who I am with now but particularly enjoyed that part of the journey.

If there was an option to do it all again I wouldn't change much but don't pretend for one second I got it all right. Nice to look back on some incredibly fun times over the decades.

1 hour ago, 39TDS said:

Living with two girls and ******** them both. Oh to go back.

It would be nice to think I still had that kind of energy never mind opportunity. 

Is your avatar a picture of your **** taken at the time👩‍❤️‍👩

On 02/03/2024 at 08:29, vmaxphil said:

That was the year I joined the mod working for military intelligence 🫣

That’s an oxymoron!! 😂

12 hours ago, Penelope said:

We're very close to living in it now. 😉

👍

11 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello,  i remember the George Orwell book in 1984 🤔🙄,  Has it become relevant in 2024 🤔

👍

1984 - YTS Scheme, the living at the YMCA (free leather chaps 🤣🤣) and then joined the Army (Royal Signals)