Dead Hares and BOP dumped

Weihrauch17

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, old'un said:

Also the article does not say how the hares and rabbits were killed but if it was running dogs they would have to cover a lot of ground over a number of nights to kill those numbers.

They dont say how the kestrel, barn owl, pheasants or deer were killed, were firearm used?

More to this than meets the eye me thinks 

7 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Not without the relevant certification and I'd wager you these people wouldn't have it

Times have certainly moved on , we had several game dealers and butchers who were crying out for all sort of game and none of them would have asked where they came from , I well remember a tenant farmer where I worked shot some Hares that were eating his Spring barley and asked me if I wanted them , as I was going to take some Pigeons up the game dealers i said yes I will gladly take them off your hands , I took my Pigeons up to Frost Game in Brockdish and I didn't know at the time you were not allowed to sell Hares from the 1st of March , he bought the Pigeons and when I got the half a dozen Hares out of my motor he said he was not allowed to buy them , as I went up to his a lot he said , to help me out he would take them and pay me later in the Summer when it was legal to sell them , he kept to his word and paid me when the time was right , I also know at one time he was paying £5.00 for large Hares and that would have been at least 40 years ago , sadly like many of the Norfolk game dealers they have all packed up and are no longer trading , as far as I know we have only got one dealer that serve the whole of the county , times have certainly changed .     MM

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

He reckoned it was basically a two finger salute at the law.

Thanks to the activities of a certain former prime minister and his lawyer wife, far too many minority groups are doing just this continually..

Edited by Yellow Bear

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

sadly like many of the Norfolk game dealers they have all packed up and are no longer trading , as far as I know we have only got one dealer that serve the whole of the county , times have certainly changed .     MM

Thanks largely or entirely to OVER regulation. 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Yep, I don't believe this was done by “poachers”

Well I'd define "poaching" as taking something either for the pot or to sell without the landowners permission, so no "poacher" is just going to dump their catch.

There's only one group of people that indulge in this sort of thing and there were a couple of the usual suspects convicted of various animal cruelty offences earlier this year.

That was in the New Forest, I wonder if this is connected.

There was a thread on the SD about it.

Edited by Wymondley

21 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Well I'd define "poaching" as taking something either for the pot or to sell without the landowners permission

I'd broadly agree with that.

There is a betting element in using dogs to bring down wildlife, along with badger baiting/fighting and other illegal wildlife based activites.  Big money.  Certainly deer species are hunted (obviously illegally) with dogs.  The one I don't understand is the presence of the Birds of Prey.  I can see how it can get confused with poaching.  Accurate journalism is unknown these days and any 'key words' such as 'poaching', 'shot', 'guns' are worked in to sensationalise.  Other 'key words' that may lead to accusations of discrimination against (human) minorities are carefully screened out of articles.

Edited by JohnfromUK

45 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'd broadly agree with that.

There is a betting element in using dogs to bring down wildlife, along with badger baiting/fighting and other illegal wildlife based activites.  Big money.  Certainly deer species are hunted (obviously illegally) with dogs.  The one I don't understand is the presence of the Birds of Prey.  I can see how it can get confused with poaching.  Accurate journalism is unknown these days and any 'key words' such as 'poaching', 'shot', 'guns' are worked in to sensationalise.  Other 'key words' that may lead to accusations of discrimination against (human) minorities are carefully screened out of articles.

Gyppos, hows that for a key word?

So these 2 brothers have got 3+ and 5 years inside, as of this January.  But some of the piccies on Newbie's link above show more than 2 people were involved, but the whole scenario seems very similar to the stuff left outside the shop. 

Very weird and worrying people involved !! 

2 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

So these 2 brothers have got 3+ and 5 years inside, as of this January.  But some of the piccies on Newbie's link above show more than 2 people were involved, but the whole scenario seems very similar to the stuff left outside the shop. 

Very weird and worrying people involved !! 

I tthink here is a very good chance that the police know exactly who they are.  Proving it to get a conviction is a different matter.

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, are you sure ?, looking on google it gives the New Forest Uk

I watched a programme a couple of years ago with Packham that was filmed in his French house. He probably has moved back or more likely owns several properties around the globe. I won't get into the possible increase in his carbon footprint if this is the case