All this carp brings to mind the BRILLIANT mind of Billy Connolly;

"The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.”

"Don't vote. It just encourages them."

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, oowee said:

So many say the same and expect a new name to change it all. Like Brexit voting anti establishment in the hope fortunes will change. 

We need a new electoral process not new hope and prey parties. 

That won't come from voting the same old parties in to power, it's not in their interests. We need a new party to get elected to force the changes that need to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2024 at 20:45, Gordon R said:

Perhaps you could list all his lies and the evidence of alleged racism. Then again - perhaps not.

Well, turns out I didn’t need to as he’s provided all the evidence needed to establish as fact that he’s racist. 
If he has any decency he’ll apologise, return to the UK and genuinely try to defuse rather than inflame the situation. I’m not holding my breath. 
Not a gambling man but if I was I’d go large on him getting into all sorts of trouble in Parliament in the coming months.

And still he didn’t actually state precisely what Farage said was racist.

“Getting into trouble in parliament”? Pretty sure he’ll push the boundaries, but if he has any sense he’ll use parliamentary privilege to his advantage.

Well, turns out I didn’t need to as he’s provided all the evidence needed to establish as fact that he’s racist. 
If he has any decency he’ll apologise, return to the UK and genuinely try to defuse rather than inflame the situation. I’m not holding my breath. 

Well, that's lightweight option to avoid providing anything to back up what you say. It appears to be your normal modus operandum

It’s a matter of public record, no need to repeat his latest racist and divisive trope here. Plenty are labelling him racist-in-chief, I do think that’s a bit extreme personally.

Still waiting for you to provide evidence of a single post either acknowledging the plight of any groups of Muslims or even presenting them in an equitable, let alone positive light Gordon.

34 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

It’s a matter of public record, no need to repeat his latest racist and divisive trope here. Plenty are labelling him racist-in-chief, I do think that’s a bit extreme personally.

Still waiting for you to provide evidence of a single post either acknowledging the plight of any groups of Muslims or even presenting them in an equitable, let alone positive light Gordon.

It is a matter of public record that Mr Farage appears to be one of the few Mps that speaks from his heart without a crib sheet. He is not racist but you seem to think that wanting the best for your country is a crime.

As for your second paragraph I personally  would struggle to find any of your requested plights. 

From Auntie.

9 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

As for your second paragraph I personally  would struggle to find any of your requested plights. 

From Auntie.

First but by no means the only group that springs to my mind are the Uyghurs in China. 

5 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

It is a matter of public record that Mr Farage appears to be one of the few Mps that speaks from his heart without a crib sheet. He is not racist but you seem to think that wanting the best for your country is a crime.

From Auntie.

I suspect we both ultimately want what’s best for our country, having different views on what the immediate priorities should be in achieving that does not by default make you right and me a non-patriot. But you’ve already made your position on this point abundantly clear to me, and anyone else reading this thread.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

First but by no means the only group that springs to my mind are the Uyghurs in China. 

A very smart and relatively “safe” first example.

The language used by Farage does nothing but inflame racial conflict. If you are in a position of influence it is incumbent on you to think before opening mouth. 

It's very easy to be against anything what we want is ideas for a solution to issues. The bloke is simply negative. What does he propose? 

You ask me for the above because I have objected to anti semitisim. Can I suggest that you include your condemnation of anti-semitism in each and every one of your posts.

Like auntie, I am unclear about the plight of the Muslims. There are many Muslims who are proud contributors to this and other countries. That said, I don't recall many other religions who seek to eradicate anyone who doesn't share their zeal. 

I also don't recall Jews committing terrorist acts or slaying innocent people like Lee Rigby. The have suffered on a scale which is hard to credit, but it doesn't stop some genuine oddballs happy to continue persecuting them. 

Frankly, it's pathetic.

23 minutes ago, oowee said:

Racism is illegal for a reason.

No its not.
Discrimination is illegal, due to race, nationality, gender, sexuality ect ect.
To hold a racist BELIEF in itself, is most certainly not illegal, so lets be clear on that, 'Thought crime' is not illegal yet.
If it were illegal, many of the posters on this thread would be in trouble, as would you and Raja for discriminating against Farage for his beliefs.
Ive said before, the worst racists in this country are the very people who complain about it the most, their culture and religious teachings discriminate against gender and sexuality, as well as other races and religions.

This is why we have strict rules on here about discussing such things, because there are some who might read our discussions , become offended and report it to whatever authorities take their fancy.

It doesnt however mean they are not factual for the most part.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

You ask me for the above because I have objected to anti semitisim. Can I suggest that you include your condemnation of anti-semitism in each and every one of your posts.

I simply requested one example. We’re going round in circles. Let’s stop.

43 minutes ago, oowee said:

Freedom of speech and belief in a free country should not and cannot be at the expense of the freedom of others. Racism is illegal for a reason. The persecution of others has no place in a free society. 

Its a very sad world that you live in. 

Being greatly concerned and saying so, at how immigrants seem to get accommodated and looked after better than our own people is not persecution or racism. You seem to live in a different world than most of us.

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the word is suella braverman is thinking of joining reform....if she fails for the con' leadership.......

that will please nige.....interesting times ahead...

She is rather easy on the eye, I wish her well.

• welsh1 locked this topic