Dave-G

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

If you have a shotgun certificate, you would have kissed it goodbye.

People often say this on here, so seeing a women get punched, you'd do nothing because it could jeopardise your SGC?

7 minutes ago, B686 said:

Well I have . So you’re telling me you would take a kick in because you would be worried about losing sgc? Because I definitely wouldn’t. 

I wouldn't take the bate. Certain people on here seem to struggle to see past the end of their nose. 

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

at what point would you as a SGC holder kick someone in the head?

If I was getting attacked by 2 or more people intent on doing me harm I would do whatever it took to defend myself if it meant kicking one in the head I would. My self preservation is more important than that !

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I wouldn't take the bate. Certain people on here seem to struggle to see past the end of their nose. 

👍

6 minutes ago, B686 said:

If I was getting attacked by 2 or more people intent on doing me harm I would do whatever it took to defend myself if it meant kicking one in the head I would. My self preservation is more important than that !

👍

:good:

I think if you or a member of your family (your wife) is being attacked then the last thing on your mind is your SGC

Yes . But also oap getting attacked mugged I wouldn’t stand by not a hero but that’s the way I have been bought up .

Imagine this 

yes I watched them  beat him to a pulp / rape her I could of intervened and stopped it …but I was worried about loosing my sgc .

😖

I can't understand why some rather limited individuals jump to conclusions without ever stopping to think how ridiculous they are.

An OAP being mugged, raped or a member of the family being attacked are cited. None of these occurred. 

There was one person who was kicked in the head. He was lying face down, with a tazer held over him. The Policeman, at that point was not being attacked by two people or even one. Yet some bright spark say he would have done more and expresses concerns about anyone who wouldn't follow his rather stupid example.

I trust the Policeman, who might well have been concussed, is not the subject of a witch hunt. If he is charged and found guilty of an unprovoked assault, would the same bright spark say he would have done more?

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I can't understand why some rather limited individuals jump to conclusions without ever stopping to think how ridiculous they are.

An OAP being mugged, raped or a member of the family being attacked are cited. None of these occurred. 

There was one person who was kicked in the head. He was lying face down, with a tazer held over him. The Policeman, at that point was not being attacked by two people or even one. Yet some bright spark say he would have done more and expresses concerns about anyone who wouldn't follow his rather stupid example.

I trust the Policeman, who might well have been concussed, is not the subject of a witch hunt. If he is charged and found guilty of an unprovoked assault, would the same bright spark say he would have done more?

it was more to-do with you mentioning about loosing your ticket or you shouldn't have one if you act like the officer did, hence my question on what would it take before you stopped worrying about loosing your ticket, before you took this action?

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

it was more to-do with you mentioning about loosing your ticket or you shouldn't have one if you act like the officer did, hence my question on what would it take before you stopped worrying about loosing your ticket, before you took this action?

I think the point GordonR was making, is that people have had their guns removed by Police over things as petty as a dispute between neighbours. If, after any such confrontation, you were to use a degree of violence as was depicted here, you could kiss your guns goodbye.

Policing’s a tough job - made worse by the drop in civility generally in this country. 
I’d like to hear the copper’s version of events before damning him.  Instinctively, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. 
For what it’s worth, the great unwashed are terrible on any form of public transport.  Airports’ catchment areas are the largest, so you see some truly terrible individuals from dog-rough areas that you would otherwise avoid. 

29 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Policing’s a tough job - made worse by the drop in civility generally in this country. 
I’d like to hear the copper’s version of events before damning him.  Instinctively, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. 

👍

Have they only just realised what they have done? Absolute numpties.

I note that after disposing of the first solicitor, they have another. I think they will need him / her, although probably not for the reason they appointed him / her. I suspect they got the first one with a financial aim. Unless CPS bottle it, they will need a defence brief.

17 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Just strange that you position like that based purely on the videos. Giving further benefit of doubt that he “thought” before he lashed out.

If he did admit to “thinking” before acting then that nails it, against him, in my opinion.

This notion of “sides” on a topic like this astounds me. I’m against the perps, they are criminals. I’m on the side of law and order. I’m on the side of the police neutralising the perps, as they did with the tasers. I’m against anyone who’s been laid out getting an additional kicking (and stamping)

This is exactly the way i see it  

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

You can absolutely rest assured that if this had happened to a group of English folk arriving in any other country with the exact same scenario then the best they could hope for was a proper good kicking, I'm picturing batons and dogs, as a good out come.

Now think of it differently,  your out with your mates and this happens,  your set upon, hit from behind in an unprovoked attack,  how would you and your mates have reacted,  I know what my mates would have done, and it wouldn't be stand watching. 

But they wasn't in another country they was in ours and we have standards to keep 

And he wasn't out with his mates he was there in an official capacity and he has to perform his duty in an official manner and that does not include kicking and stamping on the head of a  tasered man 

10 hours ago, Westley said:

I think the point GordonR was making, is that people have had their guns removed by Police over things as petty as a dispute between neighbours. If, after any such confrontation, you were to use a degree of violence as was depicted here, you could kiss your guns goodbye.

👍    Here in Gwent if they knew you had them sort of feelings you would have your tickets pulled and guns taken away 

I value my licence very highly and avoid doing anything to lose it held it for 33 years so i've done something right but i don't get people saying they wouldn't retalite, fair enough just sit there and let  somebody or multiple persons  kick your head in you will either end up in hospital or end up dead but hey I still have my SGC  so all's good  

On 28/07/2024 at 09:03, Mungler said:

‘Cop takes a beating from utter scumbags, then understandably loses rag and is now in hot water. Utter scumbags immediately play race card and go on the grift looking for free tax payer money’.

Not that exciting without the video and the video being edited and released in stages.

The kicking incident whilst regrettable is entirely understandable in the totality of circumstances to the extent I don’t think anyone will consider the police service to be falling apart or the incident showing any wider or deeper problems with policing (save the reminder that a 6’ 2” male police officer is demonstrably going to be more useful when push comes to shove, than a 5’ 2” female police officer).

However, if we want to consider wider and deeper problems, look at the response to this incident; the police station protests, the ‘community’ outcry, the immediate religious and racial drum banging. It’s not just that it’s happened - it’s that it’s happened so easily and so quickly showing us what the new default entitled / offended position is and how comfortable people are with resorting to it at the drop of any hat. 

Only going get worse, I'm afraid.