Annoying Adverts.

Cranfield

Have you ever not purchased a product or service, because the TV Advert annoyed or irritated you ?

We have three insurances that need renewing early December.

Yesterday I was looking at a few websites for alternative quotes and even checked out a "price comparison" website, but I purposely avoided "Go Compare" because their stupid TV Advert with the opera singer gets on my nerves. :unsure:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever not purchased a product or service, because the TV Advert annoyed or irritated you ?

Yesterday I was looking at a few websites for alternative quotes and even checked out a "price comparison" website, but I purposely avoided "Go Compare" because their stupid TV Advert with the opera singer gets on my nerves. :unsure:

I hate adverts with a passion. It comes from having a TV in the office which always seems to end up being switched to a commercial channel when I am not looking.

On my hitlist at the moment:

Go Compare

Churchill Insurance: "Ohhh Oui!"

T-mobile "idiots shouting along to songs in Trafalgar Square"

Cash for gold "Idiots chimping about a stately home"

We buy any car.com

We hates it my precious!

ZB

I have never sent all my gold jewellery off to have it melted down so I can be conned into accepting a handful of cash. Personally I am sick of the same adverts time after time. Comparison websites, cash for gold etc etc.

What ever happened to "I hope it's chips, it's chips"?

Ever Carlos Fandango super wide wheels was better than the **** that is on today. And my missus wonders why I go shooting 3 evenings a week

for me is that nasty double glazing one they wheel out occasionally -

'you buy one you get one free, i said you buy one you get one free' by that chap with the round head, and equally round glasses, it makes me want to rip the TV from the wall.

one that makes me feel sick is the ad warning of buying dodgy drugs from online stores-the one where the rat comes out of his mouth - i shudder everytime i see that. :unsure:

There's an ad on channel four all the time for an MTV channel called Viva, the ad consists of a boy/girl on the phone saying 'up your viva' repeatedly to a guy using a urinal.

It's a horrible ad in general, but I particularly dislike the boy/girls face.

Also, ALL adverts are TOO LOUD!!!! This is the thing that most annoys me in life. Constantly having to turn the volume down whenever an ad break starts. I hate them.

E Sure advert with that cock Michael Winner. Gets right on my norks.

It's a cash cow - I'vw had the priviilege to meet Michael Winner and he is the nicest bloke in the world - who is also pro shoting - he has bills to pay like the rest of us - apparently he earns more doing these **** adverts than he did directing death wish - crazy eh - and he is also a fanny magnet - lasses young enough to be his grand daughters were floating around him becasue he was famous :unsure:

Lady Seagrave and I ditched the telly months ago. ???

If it wasn't for the fact that Kettering Town v Leeds United is sold-out but on terrestrial TV this weekend, I could happily live forever without it. Peep Show and River Cottage are on 4OD, with the bare minimum of advert interference, everything else is on DVD, or downloadable.

Oh, and on topic - does anyone remember the Frostie's "They're Gonna Taste Gre-at" Kid?

He killed himself, y'know. The bloke down the pub told me so. :unsure:

LS

Oh, and on topic - does anyone remember the Frostie's "They're Gonna Taste Gre-at" Kid?

He killed himself, y'know. The bloke down the pub told me so. ???

LS

Oh no he didn't, Tony the tiger is living out his retirement in a life of luxury in Paignton Zoo. I know that's true cos the Anne Summers Rep told my wife so it must be right! :unsure:

I had the original "Go Compare" ad sussed out and hit the mute button just before the **** started singing - then they introduced two other variations - took a couple of goes before I had recognised those. Now I am a demon on the mute.

... not, of course, that I watch much TV

Because you worth it......L'Oréal...if they stopped advertising a few TV companies would go bust.... :unsure: and 'Ever had an accident that was not your fault'

What really narks me is having to endure 6-8minutes of Ads before the program, then about 10 minutes into the program another 6 minutes of Ad's..drives me nuts ??? :o

Yesterday I was looking at a few websites for alternative quotes and even checked out a "price comparison" website, but I purposely avoided "Go Compare" because their stupid TV Advert with the opera singer gets on my nerves. :good:

I have to agree with you Cranfield-the 'Go Compare' advert is particulary annoying,but i hate ads anyway! :good:

All christamas ads especially argos and sky

all gold for cash

go compare

money supermarket

direct line car insurance

british gas

scs and dfs

boots

nintendo ds with ant and dec

those sensodyn and colgate ad that are 'dentists' and 'satisfied customers'

hair colour ads

that fragrance with the girl in a red dress running at the end