hangovers

eddoakley

I have just realised that i must be getting old :good: as after a few too many last nite I have just got home from work and i am still suffering!!!

Im sure it didnt used to be this hard to get over a few beers?!?!?! :lol:

Is it just me or does it hurt every one more than it used to? :hmm:

Edd

Oh yes, I dread the thought of a hangover nowadays as it isn't just the following day that's bad - it takes me several days to feel right again and that's after a lesser amount of alcohol that I used to have. Probably another sign of ageing :good:

I believe that everybody has a lifetime allocaiton of beer units. When they run out you suffer hangovers. Some people use them up in their youth. Some people stretch them out into old age.

I used all of mine up by the age of 37 (10 years ago) and decided to give up drink altogether because it was making me feel more and more ill.

Hangover-nah. Used to get em 35 yrs ago but not now. Well, two bottles of scotch aside in fairness. Try not to do that anymore. Hangovers are basically caused simply by not drinking enough. If enough were consumed the night before then you will not have time for a hangover. Wake up coat on-pub. Simples really. :good:

Hangover-nah. Used to get em 35 yrs ago but not now. Well, two bottles of scotch aside in fairness. Try not to do that anymore. Hangovers are basically caused simply by not drinking enough. If enough were consumed the night before then you will not have time for a hangover. Wake up coat on-pub. Simples really. :P

That's fair enough Christy but you forgot that one little thing that often goes in between the "wake up" part and the "hat on -pub" part, it's called the wife! Do you have a "Plan B" for dealing with this little problem please? :oops:

I have never had a hangover in my whole life.

Cant understand why because i do like to have the good old session everynow and again.

Though i hardly drink now .Because am trying to be the perfect little housewife :P

It also takes me a lot of booze to get merry :oops:. Many a time i have had too help a first date home because he tried to get me tipsy :P

But if you get me on the old white wine well :good:

xxxSuzy

yadda yadda yadda; simple fact is that if you get better at handling your booze (or at least better at recovering from it) as you get older then the chances are you are an alchi.

Bit of a generalisation but young people generally get drunk quicker but recover quicker - undeniable fact.

I'm led to believe the fitter you are the less prone to hang-overs you are; this troubles me as I'm very prone. Draw your own conclusions about Mrs Sweepy (I'm assuming she's "fit")!

My nemesis is mixing stuff....

Mixing kills me. I had a memorable night a couple of weeks back and I've never been so ill!

I went to the pub with an empty stomach. Nothing new there really and I started the night with the intent of taking it steady (not so normal!). Well I got myself a bottle of Katy and drank that. Then it was onto the double brandy and drambuie, I had two of those. The pub then run out of brandy so I had a double bells and coke.

Well when we got home I was sick, really sick. I went to sleep after necking a pint of water with a bowl by the bed and slept right through to 7.30. Then I was up again, and sick! I felt rough until around 3pm the next day!

Normally I can go out and have maybe ten double brandy/drambuies and be fine for work. I'll do that on a week night. I had a bottle of tequila a while back and woke up the next day feeling a little groggy but fine. But this mixing cider and spirits, never again. I've had heavy nights on the spirits and had whole bottles of all sorts of filth. Pernod, tequila, whiskey, I'm fine. I've been sick through drink three or four times in my life but never evening and next day! Dear god, I thought I was going to die! So much for a light night! ;)

Mixing kills me. I had a memorable night a couple of weeks back and I've never been so ill!

I went to the pub with an empty stomach. Nothing new there really and I started the night with the intent of taking it steady (not so normal!). Well I got myself a bottle of Katy and drank that. Then it was onto the double brandy and drambuie, I had two of those. The pub then run out of brandy so I had a double bells and coke.

Well when we got home I was sick, really sick. I went to sleep after necking a pint of water with a bowl by the bed and slept right through to 7.30. Then I was up again, and sick! I felt rough until around 3pm the next day!

Normally I can go out and have maybe ten double brandy/drambuies and be fine for work. I'll do that on a week night. I had a bottle of tequila a while back and woke up the next day feeling a little groggy but fine. But this mixing cider and spirits, never again. I've had heavy nights on the spirits and had whole bottles of all sorts of filth. Pernod, tequila, whiskey, I'm fine. I've been sick through drink three or four times in my life but never evening and next day! Dear god, I thought I was going to die! So much for a light night! ;)

agreed, spirits and cider, oh dear... :good:

agreed, spirits and cider, oh dear... :good:

Yes , but at the end of the evening when you have run out of cider and there is only that bottle of green stuff the wife insisted you got all those years ago in that dodgy shop in Spain, what else are you going to do.........

Truth of the mater is that after twenty years of relatively sobrietus living I now throw up most mornings if I drink the night before, and the amount or type of alcohol involved is depressingly irrelevant. ;):yes:

Cant say I really get a hangover unless I drink shorts if I stick to fosters my heads fine in the morning ;)

I only get hangovers when I dont drink shorts. Red wine does bad things to me, as does whisky!

Oh dear god, the memories :good:

I think from now on I'm going to stick with spirits! The trouble is I'm having more and more trouble in coming up with a long drink. Fair enough it's ok to turn up and start on the whiskey or brandy but it would be nice to have something more refreshing.

I used to love southern comfort and lemonade when I was a teen, then I moved over to bells and coke and stuck with that for a few years. Now though I find too much coke is just too syrupy and not all that nice. I've started drinking blue lagoons which is a little gay!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a spirit based long drink? Nothing with gin in it though as unless it has sloes in I wont touch it!