Whats your favourite noise?

ack-ack

Currently sat next to a crackling fire and am routinely pulling the cork from a bottle of Laphroaig.

Theres two of my favourites.

What are yours?

A bit of a list really, the rumble of rabbits on a cold frosty morning, the wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and then the wack, once I have pulled the trigger on the .243.

However, listening to my dear old Dad singing away to his self in the shed with a pile of rabbits he is toping and tailing…..is the one!

TEH

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinks

and sounds I hate........engines revving!! Out on the dunes waiting for evening flight, beautiful still day, and all you can here are some ***** sand racing on bikes, others out on jetskis, and some other revving his chainsaw in the woods behind. Ban the lot of em :lol: *********

Edited by scolopax

Rolls Royce Merlin engine... puts the hairs up on the back of my neck every time I hear one on the telly :good:

Yep, that's the one. I regularly shoot not far from Duxford so see Spitfires quite often and you can't beat it live :good:

Edited by PhilR

Have an old answering machine and on it I have my dear old Dad(long gone)and my two kids when they were very young;always makes me smile when I listen to it(must remember to get my VHS of them put onto disc).

Favourites are Rolls Royce merlin engine,we get one or two old planes overhead,and the cry of a Curlew at dusk when I'm heading home with my dog;no traffic hum in the background,just the Curlews...magic.

One of My favourite non shooting noises would have to be this, i saw one of these at Donington park many years ago and it is still one of my favourites,the other would be the sound of several vulcan bombers taking off at once from Finningley airfield in the seventies.

Make sure you turn the sound up, it still puts the hairs up on the back of my neck, beautiful piece of engineering even in this day and age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5HF6nvF5go&feature=related

My favourite shooting noise is the sound of Geese on the wing when you are crouching in the ditch.

Edited by wingnut

You have already mentioned taking the cork out of a nice malt but there is a better sound than that and it can only be enjoyed with the first 2 measures! The sound of pouring them into you and yir Dads glass!! That glug glug glug sound yi Canny beat it!

My favourite noise is the roar as the 5 second board goes up at the motocross races. Makes me tingle with anticipation, 40 guys ready to pull the pin. Every single one wanting to be round the first turn first.

As for sound, I love to hear the pipes played perfectly. Not beardy Wullie busking with his strangled cat, that sounds awful. Gordon Duncan, Willie McCallum, Stuart Shedden etc or in a really pukka band like Field Marshal Montgomery, Simon Fraser University or Scottish Power. Utterly epic.

You have already mentioned taking the cork out of a nice malt but there is a better sound than that and it can only be enjoyed with the first 2 measures! The sound of pouring them into you and yir Dads glass!! That glug glug glug sound yi Canny beat it!

Good one, the first glass of wine out always sounds nice as well, gedunk-gedunk-gedunk-gedunk