Favourite car you have owned

Browning 425 clay hunter

I had a Mk1 Toyota MR2 in mica blue. The guy before me had chipped it and it would top out on the speedo before 4000rpm! I loved that car and put off selling it right up until the day my eldest came out of hospital. :no:

Is the correct answer. I'm no speed freak but I do like control and once I got into one of these you suddenly realise what handling even means. :yes: :yes: Bought mine as a 5 year old one careful owner job on a C plate and it remains the only car I would get in and drive simply because I couldn't stop myself. :lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but glad I owned a daft car at some point.

This is true.A friend of mine once had a Renault 5GT turbo which he had chipped,exhaust etc and eventually was putting out something like 180bhp.Sadly it made the car utterly dangerous to drive because they weigh as much as a packet of ciggies and the hideous amounts of torque steer when accelerating hard would often pull you into the path of oncomming traffic.The damn thing used to wheel spin right through 3rd gear.This was a comedy car! :lol:

Mark 4 Cortina, 2.0 GL

Signal yellow, black vinyl roof, high lift cam, 4-2-1 piper manifold, spax adjustable suspension all round with uprated springs, wolfrace alloys.

I loved that car :wub:

never owned an outlandish car, in fact the most powerful is the one i have now, Seat Altea 2.0 FR diesel 170bhp

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

Would love to say my old Alfa 156 but as it spent more time not working than it did working then I can't though it was awesome when it decided to all work lol.

Strangely enough I would actually say my current Freelander 2 has to get my vote, I wouldn't change it for any of the other cars I've owned but then I have owned some sh*te cars lol !

My favourite car that I owned has to be my first car, a Mark II Ford Zodiac which I bought back in 1970. It had plenty of speed with it's straight 6 engine and a pretty good acceleration even with the 3 speed colum change gear stick and best of all it had a bench seat in the front. :blush:

If that car could talk I could have been in a heap of trouble! :rolleyes:

Had a Lancia Fulvia as a young man - bright yellow and a smasher.

Lucky enough then to get a Range Rover which I loved but really couldnt afford (having worked all the costs out since).

My absolute favourite is a porche turbo - in the garage and not used for 2 years but still (almost) perfect.

One day I'll take it out and set it up again instead of just moving it a bit and starting every 2 weeks. This car is 22 this year and only done 90K so its my mid life crisis which I cant give up !!!!

Must work out how to post piccies if anyone's interested.

My fav car would be my first Jag B744 BBD a 4.2 series 3 Soveriegn I was only 19 at the time and the car was 10 but I loved it, this was when you could get around the insurance, over £100 to fill the twin tanks, a thick blind bint in a pug 405 pulled out in front of me and wrote it of, Jaguar absolutly destroyed the pug, her insurance paid me quite a bit more than I paid for the car though. Would love another series 3 but stupid money for a nice one now.

ford consul/granada 3.0 gxl in met blue with vynil roof when i was 18yr old bought for £75 at local auctions cost me £73 to insure it 3rd party fire theft was bliddy brill had it 18 mnths and sold it for £200 .

could get the consumption down to 14mpg but so what i think the fuel was under a quid a gallon then .

aaahhh the memories

Edited by hodge911

ford consul/granada 3.0 gxl in met blue with vynil roof when i was 18yr old bought for £75 at local auctions cost me £73 to insure it 3rd party fire theft was bliddy brill had it 18 mnths and sold it for £200 .

could get the consumption down to 14mpg but so what i think the fuel was under a quid a gallon then .

aaahhh the memories

:lol: :lol:

my first car (Hilman Hunter) cost £90 to buy and £89 to insure, happy days

:shaun: