Guns in hides

Stuart L

Has anyone any suggestions as to how to rest an O/U in a hide. I am thinking about fishing rod rests but can only study pictures on-line as there is no coarse fishing (ie. no appropriate tackle shops ) in our neck of the woods. I am sure someone must have a good idea.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone any suggestions as to how to rest an O/U in a hide. I am thinking about fishing rod rests but can only study pictures on-line as there is no coarse fishing (ie. no appropriate tackle shops ) in our neck of the woods. I am sure someone must have a good idea.

Sit with it across your lap, then you back hand is all ready on the stock then slide the other hand to the fore end….. That way you will keep your movement to a minimum.

None of this reaching forward as you will drop your head to check where the net is tangled around the gun, then you will take your eye of the bird…. :innocent:

Fortunately being a left handed shooter I can sit in a double hide with a right handed shooter and both guns face away from each other….

TEH

I never let my gun out of my hands whilst I am in the hide. I sit with it across my thighs with my hands on the semi pistol grip ready for action.

Nope :good:

Helps when using proper hide poles which go far enough in to the dirt.

You never take a leak? ???

Edit: Not in the hide, I suppose lol

If the birds are coming in thick and fast of course I take a leak in the hide, why wouldn't I?

Naw, I was just wondering how you take a leak without letting go of the gun.

I need both hands for that job... Big boy and all that. :yay: