Thinking of leaving this Forum

deputy dog

Well lads its been a while in the making of this decision, but i am actually thinking of leaving this site.

7yrs ago now i joined though admittedly wasn't always the most active by the ways of posting. But back then i was still always

interested in peoples posts and opinions on various shooting matters. And in all fairness the responces were near

enough always positive towards any sort of question that was asked by any one.

But these days a big black cloud as come over this forum and where nasty attacks on other members are a constant

thing happening. People posting the simplest of questions { Normaly Newbies to the forum), only to be ripped apart by the (Iv got more guns an knowledge then you brigade). Every day it seems more an more members are having their own public infights over one thing or other. I'm all up for a lively discussion on any topic. But some of this **** is going to far. Its getting you cant post a picture/ video or simple question with out some one hijacking your thread with ******** comments. I don't think i'm the only one who thinks the way i do.

But i for one has had a guts full of all the nonsense and if it doesn't stop to a certain degree, then i will only be

visisting just to see how the friends iv made on here are doing an thats it. Its a pity really the mods couldn't regulate the *********

that are on here and get rid. Perhaps that way we would have the more friendly forum we used to have instead of the gutter sniping one

its turning into.

Sorry if some of you don't share my opinion and i expect there will be a few with out doubt. But thats the way i unfortunately

started to see this forum. The minority ruining it for the majority. :angry: :angry: :no: :no:

DD

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gar agree with a lot you said mate. :good: I don't take a lot of notice of the time wasters.

I will miss you if you leave mate,as i'm sure a lot of your mates will to.

There are still plenty of great lads on PW,i would miss chatting to my buddies.

Stick in there mate and get a few beers down you :drinks:

When ever you want to chat you know where i am Gar.All the best Terry :friends:

your 1 million per cent RIGHT i was only just saying to a certain member last night that it was going down hill fast made to feel like a criminal when i post a pic of a few rabbits or fox not with its gutts hanging out just dead iv made loads of mates off here i also feel just like you .

And also feel like my time could be spent better some where else more than biatching and back stabbing on here we are all supposed to love shooting or WHY ARE YOU ON HERE

Edited by swiss.tony

As we have said before, if you see something in a thread that you think is wrong, then hit the "Report" button and a Moderator will have a look at it and take what action is deemed necessary.

This is a very fast moving Forum and its impossible for Moderators to read every thread and post.

you're dead right D dog :good: ,i'll keep coming on reading peoples posts and having my two penneth worth.but theres a lot said that is just bragging or folk trying to make someone with genuine question look foolish for asking it in the first place,when reading posts its just a case of separating the wheat from the chaff.

all forums go this way now and then,thousands of good members on here,and a few butes,just lie low and take it in your stride,itll change again over time,i dont post very often anymore,i do read a few threads and try and help people out now and then ,dont let the bad ones spoil your web time,just check another forum for a bit and come back again in a few days . :good:

As we have said before, if you see something in a thread that you think is wrong, then hit the "Report" button and a Moderator will have a look at it and take what action is deemed necessary.

This is a very fast moving Forum and its impossible for Moderators to read every thread and post.

:good: :good:

Isn't this what a 'forum' is for?

People are just expressing their opinion, which is the quesiton was asked in the first place. If you don't like a particular persons response, ignore it, there's alway's some self opinionated ****hole somewhere. Don't let them spoil what I consider (in my very short 9 months) an excellent site and definately don't take yourself down to their level. We're all adults after all.

Cheers

DaveM

Hi Cranfield

I can appreciate you saying its a fast paced forum and i know the report button is there for a reason.

But its something i feel i cant really put down to one particular subject. The whole forum just feels a lot

different and not for the better, compared to what it has been in the not so distant past. Just seems the air

is turning bad from all the constant gutter sniping going on between memebers for what ever reason. Its getting

you cant write a simple post with out waiting to see who is going to be the first one to have a go and for what ever

reason. I some times wonder why a good percentage of these forum members shoot at all, with their holier then thou

attitude towards other members. I would never do this an that attitude an your damned if you do, as a sinner of the shooting

world. Its getting more like an anti hunting forum then a forum that promotes the way of life we have chosen.

And from some of the posts above on this thread i'm not the only one thinking the same

ATB

DD

I think you all do a great job Cranfield mate,don't think i'd like to do it mate. :good:

I'm a real man who's macho because I post pictures and write ups of dead animals and therefore hard.For that reason,I'm staying. :good:

I am also a real man but I'm not as macho as you as I don't post many pictures of dead stuff and I did the washing up three weeks ago. I will stay with you :good:

On the matter of leaving it up to us to purge the 'idiots', who is to say that our opinion of who the idiots are will match with yours? Can you imagine what it would be like if we were to start unilaterally banning people who hadn't breached the rules, but who we found unsavoury or annoying?

No thanks. We get second-guessed, criticised and slated on here and are personally abused on other forums and have received nasty, cowardly threats of all sorts (and I'm not making this up) when we have banned people who were clearly behaving outside of the rules.

I do understand what the OP is saying, but if you are ever very, very bored, you can do a search and see that I posted several times before I was a mod that the strength of this forum was that it was largely self policing, with members valuing and protecting it for what it is; THEIR resource. It is here for YOU, not the Mods or Admin, so if you want it to be better, then get on with making it so. We will support you to the greatest extent we can, but we are not going to start proving the snivelers and snides out there right by clearing people out wholesale because we disagree with them.