My mate head butted a chainsaw!

Munzy

he could sell that flap of skin as a really good spare eyebrow to somebody...

LOL. I'll list it in the Trading section!

Jesus,hope he recovers ok, did the chain brake not kick in?

At the very last second I think he said. Having never used a chainsaw in my life I don't know how they work!

Chin strap would stop the helmet coming off in the event of being knocked or a fall

He's a lucky fella, I know one training guy who gets the message across real quick, he has half a pound of raw mince rolled into a ball, he throws at the back wall of the class room, his students find this quite bizarre but soon get the idea when he explains that in the time it took for the mince to go from hand to wall, a chainsaw could make a similar sized pile from a persons leg, ppe is a must!

A friend of mine was on a basic chainsaw course(not sure of the correct title) along with guys who were more experienced. The instructor allowed him to fell a tree and sned the limbs off, this was not part of the course apparently, while the instructor was with the others. He did not see a limb from another tree had been pinned down by the felled tree and when he cut through it the limb sprang up and hit him in the face throwing him and saw several feet away. Luckily the saw was not near him and he suffered from a shattered nose and skull and has plates and screws holding his head together along with a funky scar where they peeled his skin over his face for the surgery.

Chainsaws take no prisoners.

Regular away I see crazy people doing crazy things with chainsaws mostly lacking any PPE, like already said they don't take prisoners. If your going to use one learn what you shouldn't do and don't do it! That was one lucky guy, the chainsaw don't hold back for a thing as feeble as a scull

Nice. Why do I look at this stuff I feel all horrible now. If the chainsaw to the head wasn't bad enough the foot has put me off for the rest of the day!

I remember watching a video of people jumping off a really high wall into the sea. One guy slipped before he jumped and went head first into a concrete ledge next to the see some 20ft down and split his face in two. Needless to say I passed out not once but TWICE after seeing it!! im not good with grusome stuff!

Edited by Brooksy789

Chaps, please be mindful of the graphic content rule. The first pic is unpleasant but serves as a timely reminder of the dangers of using chainsaws.

Please dont post or link to any other gruesome stuff just because the first pic was a bit bloody, as we will have to remove it.

Ur mate was very lucky.

Most chainsaw helmets don't have chin straps just the climbing/tree surgery ones.

Actually quite a common injury, if u catch the botton corner off the chain at the tip it will throw (kick back) the saw coming straight for ur coupon, surprising the force and speed the saw can come back at u. Know a few boys who have some fairly gruesome scars on chin/neck because off that. Never a nice scar eitherwi a saw

Chainsaws are very dangerous things worth doing a course (unfortunately not cheap) when ur working a saw never meant to have ur body/head in direct line with the bar for either kickbacks or chain snapping idaelly should go past ur side.

Also PPE trousers esp will not stop a chain so don't rely on it, they will stop a slowing chain; but a chain on full throttle/speed (on a decent powered saw) will cut/power right throu them. Mates a instructor and has done demo's with old trousers and putting a log up the middle scared the hell out of me when he told me that

A friend of mine was on a basic chainsaw course(not sure of the correct title) along with guys who were more experienced. The instructor allowed him to fell a tree and sned the limbs off, this was not part of the course apparently, while the instructor was with the others. He did not see a limb from another tree had been pinned down by the felled tree and when he cut through it the limb sprang up and hit him in the face throwing him and saw several feet away. Luckily the saw was not near him and he suffered from a shattered nose and skull and has plates and screws holding his head together along with a funky scar where they peeled his skin over his face for the surgery.

Chainsaws take no prisoners.

Chainsaws take no prisoners - how right you are as ever....

Helmet, visor, chainsaw trousers and gloves - wear them every time - it is just the idiots who do not.

Am I alone in thinking that it is utter madness that just anyone can go out and buy a chainsaw - no training, no licence and cause horrendous injury and even death to themselves and others?