Pain balling

Paint balling   

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Fac holder and go paint balling

In the pub the other night and the subject of paint balling came up ,I have permission to shoot deer in one wood but it's closed once a month on a Sunday for a group of paint ballers and Air soft boys .I have met one or two of these very strange Jonny Rambo's , I tried this once for a corporate works day now don't get me wrong I have lived with guns all my life and love shooting but my experience of paint balling just felt wrong after 2 min it was not a game it felt like life and death just so wrong to run around the woods shooting at other people not some thing for me

Deershooter

Edited by deershooter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the FREUDIAN slip in the title! :lol:

Classic, well funny.

Having attended numerous corporate paint - or should I say pain - balling sessions in my time I can attest to the accuracy of that. I caught one in the nadgers once.

I think there's a time and a place, the time is when you're young, on a stag do or corporate do, but I wouldn't want it to mess up my stalking wood. Never again.

I used to enjoy paint balling until I went air softing.....

I've not done much of either since I started shooting mind.

The last time I went paint balling on a stag do, in doors in Northern Ireland, it hurt that much it broke the skin and I have a slight scar on my hand. Not been again since

I get paint balling more than air soft, mainly because there is a tangible 'strike' that can be seen in a game.

Yes and it hurts the opponent :lol::lol::lol:

"HEAD SHOTS DONT COUNT" :shout:

:lol::lol::lol: Oh! yes they do :good::good:

Got this lad in the gonads years ago, shouted to the marshell "Kill Check"

The reply from a female marshell,,, "Yes he's down" :lol::lol:

Brilliant :yes:

Love the game, that's where I get my username from, I use to play semi pro for a team called Dyehard years ago ,,, I fancy restarting for a seniors team !

Played against the Preds once, many, many years ago (got our ***** whupped!) and used to marshal at Planet Paintball nr Brands Hatch to pay for tourny games... I've still got an .68 Automag in the loft somewhere (circa 1994?) !!

TBH after being taught gun sense from an early age by my folks, it felt very wrong to be pointing a 'gun' at someone.. it was fashionable back in the day to call them markers, which I felt more comfortable with.. :/

Used to run around the woods pretending to shoot people all the time. Then every year or two I went somewhere warm and sand and ran around with live ammo being shot at.

Paintballing and air soft battles never really appealed after that, guess it's a bit like Schumacher going go karting.

Love the game, that's where I get my username from, I use to play semi pro for a team called Dyehard years ago ,,, I fancy restarting for a seniors team !

Now theres a name i haven't heard for a long time, i used to play an awful lot spent thousands on the dam hobby, travelled the world playing and enjoyed it at the time, might still be playing if i hadn't have needed knee surgery, trouble is people don't fully understand that its not just about playing in the woods.

I went paint balling for my stag night 18 years ago. I went with a crowd of my mates from rugby club. Another group was booked in at the same time (Citybus drivers from Belfast) who were too nimble and gobby. It all got a bit messy. A few of my friends threw down the guns and resorted to a brand of combat popular amongst old school rugby players - plain old scrapping.

We had to call a halt early as it got a bit out of hand. I have avoided it since although I do recall that I took a paint ball on the forehead and it was swollen for a week. My missus to be was less than understanding.

Love paint balling been a handfull of times I'm a SGC holder not a FAC holder whats the big problem in it ???

It's just like us clay shooters shooting at a small coloured disc instead of a live bird , nowt wrong with either or have I not read in between the lines somewhere on this thread :hmm:

Went paintballing for my stag, goggles steamed up and I couldn't see a thing, so in order to get points I ran forward in my white teeshirt printed with targets which was thoughtfully provided by my friends, and my team opened up on me; was supposed to be when I got a fair distance- shots started at 5 ft, and I was covered in bruises for a week or so.

End of the day, my mate hadn't shot me, only one who hadn't, so everyone gave her their last few shots to her and I lumbered off so she could have a go at a slow moving target. I figured she couldn't hit a barn Door, but I got four in the back, one in nape of neck, one on finger joint which stung, one in back of knee, and an amazing shot at 30 yds which slipped between my thighs and caught me in the sack, dropping me like a stone.

Marshalls were laughing so hard I thought they'd burst, and told us a group of doormen turned up for a stag, with the stag dressed in just a gold lame' gstring - they offered combat gear but he said he was a Doorman and was tough, ten mins in he came limping back and asked for his car keys, they said you can't go, you're the stag, he said he'd been shot in the plums and was bleeding, and was going home.

Edited by tx4cabbie

i have been on many occasions on one of them i even got to shoot the missus on the top of the head and on the back side lol that will teach her for being on the other team,

i also took the kids football team i used to coach once and agreed to stand 20 yards away to let them shoot at me for 30 seconds to get their own back for all the hard training i put them through the season prior, lol big mistake as 15 year old's have no mercy

colin

I've done it a few times on various stag do's and its a fun way of spending a day.Not fun when you get shot in the gentlemans region though.

Dont understand the Johnny Rambo reference though??? Just how many paintballers have gone loco over the years...? Perhaps Deershooter needs to try a few different things in his life because you're a long time dead.

Edited by Imperfection