Stolen guns

Peskyfoxs

Yeah my missus is more than capable of sleeping through her alarm no matter how many times it snoozes , much to my annoyance

Super dupper alarm system is what is needed, I have 3 of them, super sensitive to the slightest noise, quietest opening of the door, always on function with a 'learn ability' to family (household) members, a truly fool proof system

Two sleep under the kitchen table and the older one sleeps along side my bed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my missus is more than capable of sleeping through her alarm no matter how many times it snoozes , much to my annoyance

Super dupper alarm system is what is needed, I have 3 of them, super sensitive to the slightest noise, quietest opening of the door, always on function with a 'learn ability' to family (household) members, a truly fool proof system

+1

Yes but we can't all afford 3 Butlers :lol:

If I'm out my keys are out. Never feel safe leving them in the house when in not there. I'm a locksmith, I see crime daily, and know how cheeky : lucky the scum can get. Forget a key safe for your keys, they will know what's inside and target it.

Alarm, I could not sleep if my alarm was not set. Whenever I'm out or in bed the alarm is set.

Dialer, if your out you will know instantly your alarms been activated.

CCTV you can dial in from phone and watch if alarms gone off etc. if something's amiss you can report a confirmed burglary within seconds. Police love a burglary in progress.

The above does not cost much, alarm 2/300 dialer £50 its a must in my opinion, not just for safety or your guns, you personal protection. If someone's walking about your bedroom while you sleep who knows what could happen.

If anyone comes into my house, I will know,they will know as a few surprises lined up, CCTV overt and covert will have seen them.

If someone came in my house, and the dog barking didn't wake me up, I'd probably know nothing about it, as I'm pretty sure the dog would eat the intruder up completely. I don't here nrly store my guns at my residence, but when I do I will have a couple of alarms and some CCTV set up.

The original scenario does seem a little suspicious though.

I have to say I agree that searching a house for keys while the occupants are sleeping seems very dodgy, fair enough some of you might sleep through a noise but unless a burglar has done an extensive 'how deep do you sleep' assessment before hand i don't think they'd have the bottle. Also to do both safes?

I can't get my stuff in or out without waking the world so won't be surprised if there's more to this

Just a thought, if you were a burglar and you had found a safe or in this case gun safe and you knew that the occupants were in the house and asleep would you a, suspect that the keys were hidden in another room in the house and then begin to search for them or b, ask the key holder in who’s possession you would expect them to be in the first place?? :hmm:

Just a thought, if you were a burglar and you had found a safe or in this case gun safe and you knew that the occupants were in the house and asleep would you a, suspect that the keys were hidden in another room in the house and then begin to search for them or b, ask the key holder in who’s possession you would expect them to be in the first place?? :hmm:

Or c find that the safe key was on the car key fob ????

We have a greyhound, couple of lurchers and an old spaniel bitch.

Scariest of the lot of the old one eyed spaniel. She is built like a tank and is our 4x4 dog. Between them they can raise the dead with their howling.

My biggest fear is getting a knock on the door with the 'hand over the guns or we do the kids' threat.

I can never put my guns away or get them out without waking the whole house up! I would like to meet the burglars and ask them for some tips on how to be so quiet,

Very good point. My missus goes mad when I'm out early. Don't matter how carefull you are you always get the odd clunk or even the door shutting (vault type) wakes her up every time.

270, 243, hmr, 4 shotguns, can't see him leaving them all in the car!!!!!! When would you take them all out like that. Does sound fishy tho, easiest way would to knock on the door with a knife and say give us your guns. They could have mine, not getting killed for them.

Edited by parapilot