Norfolk Gun Dealer locked up!!

norfolk dumpling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known the man for a very long time . He used to run the Horsford range for rifle and pistol shooting for many years . No doubt this will ramp up the uninvited visits locally . I bet there are a few others bums twitching and wondering if they will get their collers felt .

Harnser

I and some other club members did business with him back in the 1980’s and received impeccable service from him, how sad that he has come to this! :sad1:

+1

Yep had a small place next to the river,been there for yonks.

Vulture

A shame. Another Norwich gun shop made a right mess of the chokes on my AYA XXV SL. I thought it had probably had it but he did a superb job on recovering the situation. By sheer coincidence guess what happened to the other shop chappie? Being very close, I suspect that there's one other member who will remember.

Not yet read the article but knew Tony and Yvonne very well back in the days.

Was my nearest Gunsmith ( sorted out several probs with various rifles and pistols).

Just wrote out a few paragraphs but I deleted them, but thise who were memebers of the Club in the early 80's will remeber the end of days shooting "Ammo Blast"

Will now tske the time to read the article and then update my post..... Probably should have read it first but, well you know

Wow, no one thinks he is innocent?

Anyone remember Mick Shepherd ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6223750.stm

The Daily Star used the banner headline "The Arsenal of Murder" while the Mirror quoted a Scotland Yard source as saying: "We believe guns sold via this business may have been used in at least 14 gang-related shootings in London, including three murders."

Nine months later, the only man arrested on that day - Mick Shepherd - has walked free from the Old Bailey after being found not guilty of 13 firearms charges.

Edited by HDAV

I know him, lives just down the road from me, had a few bits and pieces from him in the past, can't say any more about him really other than he seems like a decent enough chap, if a bit bloody daft if he really did what he's accused of as he's not short of a bob or two, I can't understand why he'd risk all that.

Irrespective of his guilt or not the police will now trawl through all recent transactions and doubtless knock on quite a few doors and check a few gun cabinets. This is how they got to him: by going through the Suffolk guys paperwork etc. Personally I've had no contact with him but one former friend was a buddy of his (doubtless he bought or had guns repaired) so I suspect he will get a visit.

• 6 months later...
Guest cookoff013

Wow, no one thinks he is innocent?

Anyone remember Mick Shepherd ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6223750.stm

+1, lets not jump to conclusions lads.

Back in the news again - in court later this year (November) - 20 charges, most of which seem to be falsifying paperwork in connection with the Suffolk guy who had a large stach of illegal guns.

where does this guy live?

I tend to doubt these stories simply because I find it very hard to believe anybody would be that stupid. Why would anyone sell an illegal firearm or to an unlicenced person? You would be putting everything on the line, your business, your home, probably your marriage and your family. For what? A couple of hundred quid?

To me it doesn't make any sense what so ever

Mick Shepherd was a really scary story, everybody ought to read up what happened to him, and then reflect

http://www.micksguns.com/mick's%20story%20-%20the%20facts.htm

Edited by Vince Green

• 5 months later...