Magpies at 435 yards with 17hmr (3 out of 3)

crowdie2013

Si is a top shot , and professional at what he does

,people criticise him because they they are envious of his skill.

keep up the great work Si.

atb brian

I think you have just nailed it there and the reason he doesn't post on here now.

Ukvarminting is one of his watering holes now.

Been out with another one of the long range shooters. I thought in was OK at 400 but he is smacking 1" groups at 600 and not happy so after having a 2pract built he is now having a 6br built to buffer the wind a little better.

The drop is 40" and the transit time of the bullet close to 3/4 second. Its a kind of jumpy magpie and the shot does seem to come from the left and at a different angle to that which appears to be the case from the windback view. Certainly the camera position is well in front of the shooter and to his right.

Its a hell of a shot to pull off 3 times when a magpies neck is maybe 7/8 mm - good scope I must say.

I couldnt even think of coming close.

Hi Kes

Drop is 21" with that load at 435 yds. 0.465 sec flightime.

It was a PERFECT day to make those shots possible. Any wind deviation would result in a miss. The headshot was not intentional. Centre mass hits were the POA. It was in some sense a miss the first shot.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I don't get time to put videos up these days I take the time to shoot not film.

Regards

Si

Hi Kes

It was a PERFECT day to make those shots possible. Any wind deviation would result in a miss. The headshot was not intentional. Centre mass hits were the POA. It was in some sense a miss the first shot.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I don't get time to put videos up these days I take the time to shoot not film.

Regards

Si

My - or rather the ballistics programme on googles error. - whatever, thanks for the response. You are way out of my league but I am buying a new Sako 85 VLS and Cz in .17 hornet soon so I will try and emulate your skill - I did say try. Cheers

Kes it's really not as difficult as people imagine it to be! I don't class myself as an excellent shot and don't claim to be but I do apply basic fundamentals when I shoot and know how to use a ballistic app. With those key things in place shots at longer range are not a problem. I feel just as confident taking a 300 yard rabbit with my 223 as I do a 60yd rabbit with a 22LR. Perhaps (strangely) a little more so. Good luck with the 17 Hornet. It looks a lovely cal!

ATB

Si

Hi Kes

Regards

Si

I thought that instinctively, nice to hear it from your good self :) , no point pretending otherwise, you are in a different league.

Ive watched a few of these vids from si snipe and sharpshooting uk i think they are mates and occasionally shoot together these boys can really shoot ive seen 800yrd rabbits and the likes no problem there using custom and semi custom rifles home loaded bullets, wind meters, ballistic apps and top end scopes they like there sightron scopes never tried one but they rate them very highly and have the land and ability to take measured shots at those distances hats of to those boys!!!

I for one would like to see some more vids from si snipe !!!PLEASE!!! as ive watched them all.

Edited by A bolt 22.250