6 nations

roostshooter1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Wouldnt class myself as a Serious Rugby fan' however I have taken a Good bit of interest and have enjoyed watching the 6 Nations this past number of years.

I like the respect that Rugby fans and players have for each other' respecting Anthems,Clapping the opponents off the field and the No nonsense approach by the referees, all the hype and banter that goes with game but at the end of the day it is all left on the field of play.

We entertain the French tomorrow ' But I cant wait for the England game. It was an almighty tussle last year with England deserved victors on the day.

I believe J.Sexton is lining out Tomorrow' although young Keatley stepped up and done well with the penalty kicks against Italy.

I hope the big guns like Sexton and Healy will be fit for the England game. Lancaster got his troops well hyped up last year' the Walk in through the car park ect.

They looked very impressive against the Welsh last week' but will need to be well up for it to come away with any points from the Aviva this time around.

Looking Forward to watching the games over the Weekend

Edited by SuperGoose75

I am sure we will, I didn't buy the tickets but I am reliably informed we are three rows back so pretty close to the action.

Two things I have been meaning to do for a while now is go to the rugby and a decent one day cricket match.

Enjoy the atmosphere. Get there with plenty of time in hand to mooch around.

I am sure we will, I didn't buy the tickets but I am reliably informed we are three rows back so pretty close to the action.

Two things I have been meaning to do for a while now is go to the rugby and a decent one day cricket match.

Did you wear a jack pyke english oak camo pattern jacket? They showed(briefly) the crowd and I noticed a fan wearing one.

England will have a battle on their hands against Ireland. If they start as they have in the last two games they will get hammered.

Got to get settled right from the off.

Going to be a nail biter to watch. (I hope).

Could be just reaching for the paper hankies.

& no Mike Brown .............

Did you wear a jack pyke english oak camo pattern jacket? They showed(briefly) the crowd and I noticed a fan wearing one.

No, I did think to wear a bright orange beanie I bought for board shooting, but went for 'smart casual' in the end ;)

I have recorded the game so will watch it back later to see if we appear.

As a virgin rugby goer I can thoroughly recommend it as day out, great crowd, great atmosphere- just feeling a little Guinness weary today :blush:

As a virgin rugby goer I can thoroughly recommend it as day out, great crowd, great atmosphere- just feeling a little Guinness weary today :blush:

As a regular in our school and cadets team we were taken to see England play Scotland at Twickenham back in around 1974, and I have to agree, the day out was brilliant.

The only downside to the away match at Murrayfield was the bunch of locals who tried to get on our coach to 'sort' us out when we stopped off in Biggar for some fish and chips on the return home. :)

Edited by Scully

I think there were certain Welsh players who cheated very effectively there...

id agree- also the referee and TMO officials were very poor. The jocks have definitely improved and have been a little unlucky to have lost both their games. Ive a feeling they will click and beat one of the tournament favorites either England or Ireland - hopefully Ireland but the pain of 1990 is still fresh to me

I dont like hitting on the officials but the Welsh got away with murder last 12 minutes...if it was high tackle then penalty try was very awardable...and how no yellows....this Welsh team are really not playing well...yet it is a welsh team with massive potential...Scots are getting better...but no reward...Sexton is looking world class which makes the Eng Irish game a cracker....

Yea ire/eng going to be good, eng won't be able to just run thru our defence is to good at the bust a tackle route,sexton is the key Connor Murray box kicking is where we will lose it, pointless kicking handing possession to big centre is suicidal against that quality, Trimble is huge loss,,zebo don't get him at all but looking forward may even end the dry spell and hit a bar.........lol

As I second generation Scot living in Wales I cheered for both sides! I do think the sweaties paid the price for a few mistakes that should have been avoided but you couldn't deny their determination in the last ten mins or so. I imagine it would have been a nightmare to referee that part of the match. The ref did the right thing and let the game flow, it was good rugby to watch even if practically everybody was pushing their luck a bit.

There were loads of people calling the ref out, its so petty, stand up and be men for God's sake. We lost. Crying about it afterwards won't change it. This is rugby not soccer!

Scotland made basic errors. Ultimately, that was what left Scotland wanting not the refereeing. We created chances but didn't have the skill or composure to execute a score. Also you play the ref, Scotland didn't do that and maybe this is evidence that we are not a mature side either? Now I've supported Scotland through thin and thinner (benefits of being a Highlander). I'm tired of Scotland being glorious failures. From the dark dark days of the Williams era, to new hope every time there is a fresh start with a new coaching team. When will we produce what is promised? I'm not sure, but it could well be a long time. By then the top tier will have moved on further. This is one epic game of catch up.

For me England look the best side so far. The best organised and most clinical. Ireland played very smartly but didn't sparkle as one would hope. Wales are a very good side but really struggling to fire. The French would be more successful if they were, well, more French in the way that they play! I like the Italians and I like to see them do well, but I fear the wooden spoon decider will be in 2 weeks time against Scotland.

Predictions? England to get the slam, Ireland to crumble under the pressure of being favourites, France to eek out 3rd spot from a stuttering Wales. And, rather predictably Scotland 5th with one win over the Italians in stone, motherless last place.

Gonna be 2 long weeks!

Edited by Highlandladdie

• 2 weeks later...

Italy played the full 80 mins. Strength to the end.

All credit to them. They got the job done, Parisse lead them to a grand victory. Today, I can honestly say that I am glad Italy won. Its good for the sport and its good for the championship. Scotland will be smarting today. They are effectively staring down the barrel of a whitewash after promising lots in the first 2 matches, and delivering diddly squat. Glorious failures.