I'm going to hospital

mad1

Hi all as some of you might know i trapped my hand at work 2 years ago ... I'm now left with only my thumb and first finger working on my left hand ...my other 3 fingers and clenched solid !!! Iv had 4 day ops to hospital where my arm was numbed and my fingers were forced open.. not a nice sight or sound to hear them crack !!!!

Iv just been told I'm going back to hospital in April to get them straightened and pinned ... oh I cant wait ...

Has anyone else on here had anything similar done as I'm wondering what the scaring will he like ?? I know they are leaving the rods in permanently and the will be set near enough straight ??

If nothing else I'll get up to 4 month of work payed ... but those who know me will know i can't sit still long enough !!

So this is also a message to those who have asked me out to come with them but iv not been able to as i have struggled with simple day to day things sometimes.... and an apology as i must have been a pain in the **** at times ...sorry lads and im hopefully going to get out soon after

Cheers

Scott

I had 3 and a half tendons reconnected and the back of my hand was totally open and packed with glass, looked like the terminator when he fixes his one minus the metal of course.

You can barely see any scarring. Lots of swelling and painful the next day so make sure you have something substantive to take the edge off it. My gp proscribed some serious stuff that gave me days of zero recollections and many amused friends recounting the surreal conversations I had no idea we had.

You'll be fine I'm sure. Best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Well just sat here in waiting room now as I got a cancellation to get it done before the expected due date ... things you do to be there in time for catton ...Fingers crossed ( excuse pun !!)thanks for all your kind words ...

Speak soon

Scott

Well just sat here in waiting room now as I got a cancellation to get it done before the expected due date ... things you do to be there in time for catton ...Fingers crossed ( excuse pun !!)thanks for all your kind words ...

Speak soon

Scott

That has to be the best pun ever on PW.