Help me someone please.

JDog

Old age comes to us all Jdog and I have had my senile moments, forgotten the gun on several occasions, but one of the worse was to drive down to the marsh in the dark with my reading glasses on and then wondering why I could not see the duck until they were almost landing on my head.

I tend to try and keep everything in the car , decoys, hide ,, a few boxes of shells , boots , coat , hat and so on so if I do forget anything there should be a spare in the car. It works pretty well until I have to clear out part of the car (living alone my car is a single seater, the passenger seats are for storage) to make room for a passenger and then I can’t find things.

But by keeping most things in the car all I have to worry about is the gun and cartridge bag, plus a couple of dead pigeons for the magnet, that is if I remember to take them out of the freezer the night before. I would not recommend keeping a few spare dead pigeons in the car as the smell can get pretty offensive after a warm day.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jdog, get yourself an apprentice. There is every chance he might forget as well but then you have someone to clip 'round the ear.

I put 100 in mine a few weeks ago........and still have 80 odd left in there!

I put a 100 in mine some time ago, there are 120 now. They've been untouched for so long that they've evolved and started breeding.

Jdog, get yourself an apprentice. There is every chance he might forget as well but then you have someone to clip 'round the ear.

I put a 100 in mine some time ago, there are 120 now. They've been untouched for so long that they've evolved and started breeding.

I had several apprentices before I left the Cotswolds but I have yet to find one up here and there are no volunteers as yet.

I had several apprentices before I left the Cotswolds but I have yet to find one up here and there are no volunteers as yet.

When Archie Coats was finding it hard going due to having both his hips replaced , his good lady would take him to his chosen field , set his decoys out , leave him warm and comfortable and go back when his day is done , clear up for him and get him home for refreshments and a hot bath...............I am not suggesting anything , but showing Mrs JDog how to set up on your lawn might come in handy in the not to distant future :lol:

After several trips where I forgot one crucial thing......gun....magnet arms....etc. I compiled a check list that is now posted just inside the garage door......now before I leave I run through the list. Works for me.

I keep my kit in the 4x4 most of the time but the list helps me to remember the odd things I take out ....like batteries to recharge and gun/ammo to lock up.

Similar to a previous post; my Grandad, a man of great wisdom said I would forget my balls if the good Lord hadn't put them in a bag for me!

How about Motty? ???? ?????

I am afraid that if I went out with Motty the roles would be reversed and I would be the assistant carrying all of the kit and be the subject of cruel and forthright comments when I inevitably missed.

I am afraid that if I went out with Motty the roles would be reversed and I would be the assistant carrying all of the kit and be the subject of cruel and forthright comments when I inevitably missed.

I would be very kind and carry 75% of the kit.

Your right to be thinking that JDog , he is like that even when its me who has invited him .

He gives a little sigh when you miss too , when you miss as much as I do it can get a little annoying .

If Motty invites you then your expected to carry 100% of the kit and clear up any loose feathers at the end of the day

But I have to say despite that he is not bad company.

Then I am afraid that you will be disappointed, with one of us at least as I am very dull and can't shoot for toffee.

Well we have something in common because that is exactly how motty describes me .

Edited by fenboy