Fairwell and adieu

Fisherman Mike

I didn't want to just drift away ( not my style) so I thought I would let you all know that's it for me, I've decided to call it a day permanently on the PW forum .... I've been a member since 2003 and joined when it was a great and informative site.... but I feel its been eroded away in the last few years.( in part by idiots like me) :lol:

I'm afraid I've outgrown it and its time to move on to something else. I have lots of other things to do and have been spending far too much time on the site in recent months. My wife thinks we are all children and she is probably right :lol:

To be honest, I've been a shooter for over 40 years and probably wont even renew my shotty this year. I intend to do more conservation work for the RSPB and BTO and also dedicate more time to painting birds rather than shooting them and fishing which is my first love.

Its been fun winding you kippers up over the last 12 months but its time for you all to play amongst yourselves. :lol:

I will still honour my pledge for the winner of the PW fantasy league so who ever wins please pm me with your choice of bird.

You wont be hearing from me again and I wont be looking in ( honest )

Remember all..... shoot within the confines of the law, show some respect and compassion for your quarry and you will always have sport ( particularly if you vote Conservative ) sorry could resist that one :lol::lol:

Good luck to all (particularly KW, Poontang, Welsh One and Scully who have been admirable adversaries) and all the other good friends and acquaintances I've made in the last 12 years...I sincerely wish you all well.thanks.gif.pagespeed.ce.8dph9GhVFt.gif and goodbye.

Per ardua ad astra..

Mike.

well mike that's is a shock,, no more political posts,, it will be boring now :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

wish you all the best mate in whatever you choose to do,

all the best for the future years to you and yours as its been a pleasure

atb Evo

Traaaaa, mate,

Funny enough, I have given up Wildfowling after 50 years.

Them damn cold days early on have got to me, all over...

I did some painting years back, sold them too,lol.

Did want to get a bit of trout fishing in, but even thats becoming expensive now..

And Yes, I want to get a camera on them, rather than in a heap on the floor..

Best of luck to you Sir, and good luck with your new ventures. :good: .

I didn't want to just drift away ( not my style) so I thought I would let you all know that's it for me, I've decided to call it a day permanently on the PW forum .... I've been a member since 2003 and joined when it was a great and informative site.... but I feel its been eroded away in the last few years.( in part by idiots like me) :lol:

I'm afraid I've outgrown it and its time to move on to something else. I have lots of other things to do and have been spending far too much time on the site in recent months. My wife thinks we are all children and she is probably right :lol:

To be honest, I've been a shooter for over 40 years and probably wont even renew my shotty this year. I intend to do more conservation work for the RSPB and BTO and also dedicate more time to painting birds rather than shooting them and fishing which is my first love.

Its been fun winding you kippers up over the last 12 months but its time for you all to play amongst yourselves. :lol:

I will still honour my pledge for the winner of the PW fantasy league so who ever wins please pm me with your choice of bird.

You wont be hearing from me again and I wont be looking in ( honest )

Remember all..... shoot within the confines of the law, show some respect and compassion for your quarry and you will always have sport ( particularly if you vote Conservative ) sorry could resist that one :lol::lol:

Good luck to all (particularly KW, Poontang, Welsh One and Scully who have been admirable adversaries) and all the other good friends and acquaintances I've made in the last 12 years...I sincerely wish you all well.<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=fd8ed88fc2bdb8aeff18fb5707c13fc7&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=312638&p=2827295&md5check=0e1a93c844f2bf2563a85cff7956d1a8&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,7_3v8UgChRw');//]]></script> thanks.gif.pagespeed.ce.8dph9GhVFt.gif and goodbye.

Per ardua ad astra..&&0

Mike.

A fair wind in your sails Mike.

First ack-ack disappears so we lose a lot of humour

Now you disappear and we lose a wealth of knowledge and good discussion.

A few I have spoke to in private over the last few months have said they are considering leaving - a sad time. I do agree there has been a low ebb on here a little this year but a sad loss all the same.

All the best in what you choose to do

A few I have spoke to in private over the last few months have said they are considering leaving - a sad time. I do agree there has been a low ebb on here a little this year but a sad loss all the same.

I think it is a matter of perspective. I doubt any of those who have just enjoyed a brilliant (and I think record breaking) day at the charity shoot would agree with the comments about a 'low ebb'.

As I said, it's about perspective. People come and go from forums for all sorts of reasons.

If, however, people come on and only use the forum to bicker, snipe, and knock lumps out of each other endlessly over the same topics, then I can see how it must feel a bit bleak, but it is up to them if that's what they want to do, and if they let it taint their experience of using the forum.

I am far more worried though by the messages we get from people pleading with us to deal with the bickerers and snipers because they are spoiling the experience for a lot more people than they perhaps realise. We are looking into this and will be taking action if required.