Hermes Parcel Service are a Joke!!!

m3vert

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

citylink used to be good? must have been a while ago... they have had the same name among most of my customers for years

one thing i like about dpd is the times they give for deliveries by text or email, a simple service but very handy

citylink used to be good? must have been a while ago... they have had the same name among most of my customers for years

one thing i like about dpd is the times they give for deliveries by text or email, a simple service but very handy

I guess it probably was a while ago, how time flies!

Thing is we have CCTV installed and have caught their delivery driver leaving the parcel on top of my truck and on the other on the front door step! It would be hard for them to argue. I just don't get their mentality of not walking to the next door neighbor and leaving what could be a very expensive item with them? Surely they must get loads of claims for damaged/stolen items?

From the comments already made it seems I am not alone and there is a trend of them being carp!!

Its about the time it takes to make the drop. They only get 40p per parcel so they have to deliver 100 parcels to make £40 and then take their car expenses and petrol out of that! Most of them are hardly making anything so its drop and run.

A friend of my ex wife worked for them for a while and at the interview they were telling her to declare to the benefits people she was only working 16 hours a week and the Benefits people would never know.she was working more than that. She wasn't on benefits but its obvious that most of their workforce was and they appear to target people like that so they can pay such ridiculously low wage. Actually its not a wage because they are not even employed.

Ive been buying a bit off ebay and the first pacel said first class post it arrived via heremes a week later . next one tracking number showed it was anywhere but coming to me in fact i had it and it still said awaiting the courier , but i sent a load of nets to a guy and royal mail wanted £16 heremes did it for £4 and thats with a tracking number they said allow a week guy had them in three days , so swings and roundabouts

Citylink was driven out of business by Hermes and Yodel because they couldn't compete.

Sons birthday present is being delivered by Yodel today :no:

I've had 7 texts and emails from Argos and Yodel all giving different information, it was put on a van at 08:37 and then it was being put on a van at 10:53, it was out for delivery at 08:10 coming between 8am and 7pm and it's now out for delivery between 7am and 9pm.

Looks like a whole day stuck in waiting for the delivery to (hopefully) turn up.

Edited by phaedra1106

Same issues with Hermes here too, local agent delivers the parcel no matter what to my address, be that hucked over a 2m fence, left on the front door step or drop kicked into a holly hedge. Just take it nextdoor you bell-e**!!!!

And its all well and good people saying "use a better courier" but whenever i've had a Hermes delivery its through Amazon and you don't get to chose. I've complained to the Amazon stores but they don't give a monkeys either.

It must be down to different drivers etc...

Our local delivery driver from Hermes is great, a funny and nice old man. We weren't in the other day and he left with neighbour as he knocked on a few doors to find someone. He then put note in saying he left it with XYZ in number ____.

Unfortunately, they all appear to be much the same.

Following recommendations on here I used UPS via Interparcel to send a box to Germany - not cheap, £20 odd. Should have taken 5 days, but I was in no hurry. So far it's been 11 days, and it's still not there. First they said the address was wrong (it wasn't) then that they couldn't contact the recipient. (I gave her phone number in UK form starting 00, and UPS apparently couldn't work out how to call her from Germany by taking off the international dialling code). Tracking was OK, but when they couldn't contact her nothing would have happened if I hadn't chased and chased and chased. eventually I managed to get a contact number for UPS Germany from Interparcel, and got the recipient to call them direct. Hopefully the parcel will now eventually be delivered. Not impressed by either Interparcel or UPS, will look to claim a refund.

I would/ should ring to complain but sadly have almost exhausted my 'customer services' repertoire dealing with those utter ******* at Vodafone over the last two months. When I finally managed to draw a line under that particular debacle I shall turn my focus to the equally shoddy service provded by the local MyHerpes mare.

Edited by mick miller

I've seen a few of these around, in family cars etc, do their insurance companies know that they're driving for hire or reward?

Nah! you can bet they dont. The sort of people who deliver round here genuinely wouldn't know what H&R or even carriage of goods meant

40p a parcel!!!!! Who would bother to do this?

Exactly!

b4 next door was yodel it was securicor and they used to cry about earning 1.50 a parcel so how can anyone make any money out of 40 p a time .even if your on the fiddlle a la benifits :hmm:

While there are people who are prepared to do it they will continue to pay it. A classic example of a race to the bottom, similar things are happening in lots of other industries. Nobody could do it as a 'proper job' but it shows how companies like this are exploiting the benefits system to their own advantage for profit

Are we sure on this 40p figure?

Friend of a friend does it in London and by all,accounts gets £1 a parcel - which in London where lots of houses are close together means he can earn around £100 a day before expenses

Yes thats what my ex wife's friend was being paid 40p a drop. She lasted about four weeks. Surprisingly, her main beef wasn't the money, The parcels weren't delivered to her house until about mid day and then she had to sort them out and before she finally went out delivering. So it was running into the evening as she was 'supposed' to deliver them same day.

Edited by Vince Green

Are we sure on this 40p figure?

Friend of a friend does it in London and by all,accounts gets £1 a parcel - which in London where lots of houses are close together means he can earn around £100 a day before expenses

Even at that rate 100 drops is a good days work, take a days worth of fuel and vehicle running off that and you get to £70 or so have lunch etc and you work your **** off for minimum wage that's without considering tax or getting a parking ticket!

Even at that rate 100 drops is a good days work, take a days worth of fuel and vehicle running off that and you get to £70 or so have lunch etc and you work your **** off for minimum wage that's without considering tax or getting a parking ticket!

Agreed but at £0.40 it leaves you with £10 after 100 drops!

Agreed but at £0.40 it leaves you with £10 after 100 drops!

Plus a knackered starter motor after 100 starts a day. My ex wife's friend found the hardest part was not the drops. It was getting 100 random parcels delivered to her door late morning and then having to start sorting them all out, looking up the roads and then trying to plan a sensible route to deliver them all in a reasonably logical order. That took up a lot of time before she even started delivering.

Edited by Vince Green

Plus a knackered starter motor after 100 starts a day. My ex wife's friend found the hardest part was not the drops. It was getting 100 random parcels delivered to her door late morning and then having to start sorting them all out, looking up the roads and then trying to plan a sensible route to deliver them all in a reasonably logical order. That took up a lot of time before she even started delivering.

40 p a parcel AND you have to do the planning??! This really is the reserve of the stupid. No wonder the service is so **** poor.

I have 2 mates that work for them, have large vans and earn a hell of a lot, iirc one mentioned £36k last year.

It's about 60p a parcel here, around 150 on an average day, you talk fuel, but he puts about £30 a week in as they have small areas and the drops are concentrated. They also get about £4 per large/heavy parcel, which are not actually large or heavy at all and they get a lot of them!

Starts work about 6 in the morning and done for 1-2ish

If you're willing to do it right it's a good living and shouldn't be frowned upon and folks should be careful of labeling them stupid, benefits cheats etc, but yeah, I've been to the depot with him before and most drivers are a right shower of **** ;p

Edited by LowStandards