If you could live anywhere in the UK.

EMT

More like an up but going dowm football team marsh man , motty told me norfolk was full ?

The Canaries are just getting there flight feathers , and then watch them when there in full flight , they will be perched in the lower half of the league when the season finish . :yes:

Motty is in the north of the county , and at the moment they are getting full up with asylum seekers from Lincolnshire , when interviewed , they recon they cant understand there accent :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am greatly taken with North Norfolk. We both love the sea, I love the countryside, the huge number of pigeons and possibly best of all the wild grey partridges. Yesterday when I looked out of the window where we are staying there was a covey of 11 on the lawn and I could hear at least two others.

I am greatly taken with North Norfolk. We both love the sea, I love the countryside, the huge number of pigeons and possibly best of all the wild grey partridges. Yesterday when I looked out of the window where we are staying there was a covey of 11 on the lawn and I could hear at least two others.

Nice, use to see them as a boy in north staffs, not any more! :-(

Having been born and lived in Norfolk all my 62 yrs I must say, for a shooting man, you could do worse. 80% of the land is shot over, you have fantastic seaside resorts and the Broads (these are large natural lakes not the female kind) and if you take your passport they might let you into Suffolk - accent even funnier, footy not up to much but otherwise similar to Norfolk. Oh yes there will be a problem with the language especially if you are real Essex.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. It was a genuine question and Norfolk is definitely an option we hadn't considered before, so thank you to all that suggested it. We are going to spend some time exploring the area at half term and see what we think.

I think that Yorkshire will be next on the list. Although I grew up in Derbyshire, I never spent much time there apart from shopping in Sheffield.

I thought there would have been more recommendations for the West Country and Wales which was surprising.

methinks the seeds are sown and "one" might be on the move again !.... :hmm:

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. It was a genuine question and Norfolk is definitely an option we hadn't considered before, so thank you to all that suggested it. We are going to spend some time exploring the area at half term and see what we think.

I think that Yorkshire will be next on the list. Although I grew up in Derbyshire, I never spent much time there apart from shopping in Sheffield.

I thought there would have been more recommendations for the West Country and Wales which was surprising.

Would have suggested Devon, as did Martin but it's only fair to point out that we're full. Too many 'Foggy Dews' over the years.

Northumberland with scotland cumberland durham north yorkshire and the north sea close by .you can't get bored as you will have easy access to all these places just a short car(4x4 in the winter) ride away

Shhhh!

Northumberland is grim.....

Sun never shines, always foggy or raining, no shooting or fishing allowed, it's a law thing,

People are rude, food is rubbish, all the beaches are covered in old mining rubble and sea coal, roads are non existent, no history or touristy type things,

Think of Albania on a bad day

No, don't come up here...... ;)

Moved out of Northumberland 5 years ago, best thing I ever did

See.... ^^^

:shaun: