Rugby world cup

digger

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well done Wales but I think England missed a chance in the dying minutes,

They should have kicked the penalty, that would have tied the game and then gone for a possible win in the last couple of minutes,

I feel that decision will come back and haunt them next Saturday after the Australian game.

:shaun:

Yes well done Wales but I think England missed a chance in the dying minutes,

They should have kicked the penalty, that would have tied the game and then gone for a possible win in the last couple of minutes,

I feel that decision will come back and haunt them next Saturday after the Australian game.

:shaun:

+1 that was a tactical error you would think.

+1 that was a tactical error you would think.

I think they wanted a win more than a draw so went for a try and it did not pay off. That's the pool split wide open now and makes it even harder for England, they must win against the Ausies. Not sure how the press will report on it but Lancaster will no doubt come under the cosh a little.

Its also a must win for Scotland tomorrow and get as many trys and points on the board as possible to keep up a high for / against score points difference if it comes down to losing against SA next week and both teams having the same league points.

I am not sure who I would like Scotland to meet in the 1/4`s but we have to get their first

But not enough. All talk, no action.

A bit like your rugby team.

Sounds like I missed a great game of rugby, well done Wales!

I hope you are a little more worried about your own team now getting out of the group stages than worrying about Scotland now Flashman.

Thought the decision not to take the penalty kick was a wrong un in the circumstances. It paid off for Fiji but the odds would always favour the kick in my opinion.

Never mind, done now and a cracking game nevertheless. Well done Wales, displayed true grit and came out tops. Good to watch.

Well I thought that at group stage its in your interest to play the odds a draw was far better than the outcome not good to think this is World Cup rugby, a very poor decision on the day. Edited by E.w.

I commend England for going for the win its just a shame it did not work out the way it did for Japan.

I agree. Disappointed with the choice of farrell, wigglesworth and burgess though. English discipline was awful but you cant take anything away from the welsh showed true grit to the very end

Nearly an upset this afternoon for Scotland, don't know what was going on in the 1st half. bringing Ladlaw on certainly changed things round a good bit you could see him taking charge talking all the time to both the forwards & backs.

I think there will be a lot of self reflection in the team before next weeks clash with the Boks.