What would you do?

malkiserow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting increasingly concerned about a young couple who live in tent behind some brambles on the edge of a country road on the outskirts of the town. Today I saw the lad and lass washing their hands in a puddle right on the edge of the road. They have no dogs, no caravan, no car no transit, no pickup, no children and I've never seen them begging ..... nothing visible just a tiny tent.

By their looks, I'd guess they are East European or similar.

My heart goes out to them ....... what would you do to help ?

When two becomes four, survey the location and see if it has room for a million more! :whistling:

To many good doers on here :lol:

they may very well be here illegally ! you know the type we are all always moaning on about on here !

shop em to the police and let them check them out ie check their passports or not !

then take it from there if there still there....

Obviously they shouldn't be in the country, or they would be in a council house with money , so for me report them and send them back

These

Obviously they shouldn't be in the country, or they would be in a council house with money , so for me report them and send them back

Contrary to popular belief all Asylum seekers do not 'automatically ' receive a 'Council house' or indeed housing benefits.

In order to receive such benefits you already have to often be in accommodation- but because you don't fit the requirements ( employment/deposit etc) you can't initially get accommodation -- so it's catch 22.

I'm not for giving entry to the UK to all and that those who are staying illegally should indeed be deported ( we see lots onboard our flights who are in this very situation), but, if you are here legally, then why not receive the help and support.

And if the OP, myself or others wish to donate a hot meal then it's 'No skin of your nose' is it not?

The scaremongering of 'watch out they will cut of your heads as they have beards' is frankly ********--- far more home grown tellytubbies that I would worry about more

Always think, what will it be like for me if I'm ever 'down on my luck' - will someone step forward and assist me?

Maybe it could be you suddenly facing financial uncertainty- will you turn down my offer of a hot meal?

Always think, what will it be like for me if I'm ever 'down on my luck' - will someone step forward and assist me?

Maybe it could be you suddenly facing financial uncertainty- will you turn down my offer of a hot meal?

A laudable sentiment...there are many that could benefit from such altruism.......you don't need immigrants for that, just take a look around .........

They may just like living "off grid".

Living off us more like !

Blimey.

Just stop and have a word. They may well be the modern day equivalent of 'new age travellers' living the dream. In which case they're fine as they are.

If not, and they're in genuine need then a bit of food and maybe a quiet word with the local authority to get them some help would be the right thing to do.

Nobody should be living outside and washing in puddles in this day and age.