Other forums

Gunman

Over time I have joined ,looked at and contributed to several other shooting/gun forums both UK and US based . I have just done a quick trawl through a few that I have not looked at in a while and was quite surprised at how little action there is on them . Any one else find the same ?

Not sure if it was funny or sad

It was funny because it was so sad.

Their biggest mistake, apart from being rubbish, was when, in order to refute accusations that the only reason for the forum's existence was to slate PW, they brought in a rule saying you couldnt (despite the owner and mods trying to run dozens of sockpuppet accounts on here to try to stir up trouble). Since that was why all 5 of them were there, it kind of stifled things.

That and the fact that practically everyone who posted on there was made a mod, which backfired somewhat when one of the mods was found out for really unsubtly sexually harassing other members in the chatroom and another bragged about getting tanked up down the pub and then going home and shooting both his dogs.

It was funny because it was so sad.

Their biggest mistake, apart from being rubbish, was when, in order to refute accusations that the only reason for the forum's existence was to slate PW, they brought in a rule saying you couldnt (despite the owner and mods trying to run dozens of sockpuppet accounts on here to try to stir up trouble). Since that was why all 5 of them were there, it kind of stifled things.

That and the fact that practically everyone who posted on there was made a mod, which backfired somewhat when one of the mods was found out for really unsubtly sexually harassing other members in the chatroom and another bragged about getting tanked up down the pub and then going home and shooting both his dogs.

Wish I had known of this for entertainment

I joined a couple not too long ago but as some have said they are pretty dormant, may even spend all there time shooting.. ;-/ Then there is 1 that is so PC for members but not the advertiser's I no longer go on, they all seem to be so much holier than thow.

I booked on line tickets for the shooting shown and there was a drop down menu asking were you had seen the show advertised and the mighty "PIGEONWATCH" was there. So of course I ticked the box.

It's funny how you see the same members with the same names peddling the same old lies across the Internet..

I go on another forum to look what a member on here says on there...I only do it when I'm bored at work, he never fails to amuse me...he has the busiest life of anyone I've ever encountered...

It's funny how you see the same members with the same names peddling the same old lies across the Internet..

I go on another forum to look what a member on here says on there...I only do it when I'm bored at work, he never fails to amuse me...he has the busiest life of anyone I've ever encountered...

I use different names so you won't know it's me lol.

I pop onto a few now and again, ukv ;-( Getting out there vuk and sd but only use dougy on 1 of them

i use forums a fair bit and have one of my own (not hunting related) i tend to look around a few then pick one and stick with it rather than use loads. i find it easier that way

forums are not what they where though.. facebook has had an impact on many, mine had a kicking when facebook took off.. it took me a long time to get into facebook it was only when i broke my cocyyx and couldnt sit by my pc and found the ipad easier to use and facebooks so easy on the ipad.. i use it a lot now and have a facebook group thats got over a thousand members and grows every day

Only on one other forum (Weihrauch Owners). It is ok, joined during my search for a middle trigger sear. After several months a chap on there is getting some made, they should be available shortly.

PW takes some beating, the knowledge of the members re life the universe and everything plus the generosity and general helpfulness is amazing.