Bus Pass-OMG!!!

KFC

I could have got one four years ago but recently I had need to travel by bus while my aged Disco got MOT'd. I saw the number of people swiping their cards while I paid cash for my ticket.

My bus pass just arrived in the post this morning. Oh dear!! the impact of that arriving is quite profound.

Thinking now about co-op plans and do I have to carry a walking stick when I get on the bus?

Hmmm, where shall I go today?

Embrace it. We have some People who stay with us and they do some really nice road trips by bus on their holiday. Perranporth down to St Ives on the coast road is one example.

I do think you will need a tartan blanket, sandwiches and a flask to fit in or there is a chance of getting bullied by the other wrinklies and don't sit at the back.

Edited by rimfire4969

Alan Coren had a good series on Radio 4 about trips around London via buses. Quite an interesting llisten.

Possibly my biggest culture shock as a young school leaver?

Catching a bus one day mid-morning & facing a sea of grey passengers...it was like a bus trip to a Cocoon audition

Use it before "they" take it away, you've paid all your working life for it.

Around here, better than driving into town and searching (and paying) for somewhere to park. A bus every half hour and free wi-fi.

Have also used them on holiday in Devon, not a local on board, all grockles (like us)! :lol::good: Again, no parking, a bus every hour and someone else can worry about driving down those narrow Devon lanes especially after you've stopped off at a village en route for a pint or three at lunchtime.

I just wish people with money wouldn't use the busses, it slows them down as the driver has to deal with them.

hello, i paid into the system for 50 years and think i deserve to get my bus pass, in fact i started working at 13 and paying tax at 15, and due to subsequent goverments and bank cock ups and fraud i lost 50% of my money for my retirement and i know many that lost all but even now i count myself lucky, grey hair yes/ oldy well maybe/ wrinkley that is starting to show/ walking stick not required yet. so my advice is for those who can get one DO!!!!!!!

As an OAP, make sure when you get on the bus, under no circumstances have your bus pass ready. Stand at the front of the queue of passengers while checking every pocket for your pass. When you have found it, ask for assistance in how to swipe it then shuffle as slowly as possible along the bus.

And don't forget your tartan shopping trolley on wheels which you can use to handily block the aisle. :good:

As an OAP, make sure when you get on the bus, under no circumstances have your bus pass ready. Stand at the front of the queue of passengers while checking every pocket for your pass. When you have found it, ask for assistance in how to swipe it then shuffle as slowly as possible along the bus.

And don't forget your tartan shopping trolley on wheels which you can use to handily block the aisle. :good:

and I'll remember to ask "is this the number bus to ********* "? even though it says that clearly on the front :yes:

Taking the bus to the local shoot would be interesting I believe that TFL (Totally Fudged London) actually have a policy on the carriage of firearms

Are bus passes valid in London (TFL/LT as was)? What about the Underground?

Be good if they were, so they're probably not.

Looking at the passes used in my area and the people actually paying, i think the end is nigh. :yes:

In London, you can't pay on the bus now. You need a pass or an oyster card. I don't know if that applies everywhere. Seems silly to have money in your pocket, but not be able to jump on a bus.

I do think you will need a tartan blanket, sandwiches and a flask to fit in or there is a chance of getting bullied by the other wrinklies and don't sit at the back.

The weirdest thing my wife has seen on the bus was a couple with a baby in a pram/pushchair which they diligently attended to throughout the ten mile journey.

It was only towards the end that the realised that the "baby" was, in fact, a very lifelike doll.

We wrinklies aren't always the weirdest!

Looking at the passes used in my area and the people actually paying, i think the end is nigh. :yes:

well if you look at the Stage Coach company profits i do not think so but i can tell you only 40p is charged per journey using a bus pass, there is talk of charging £10 for the pass per over 62 which i think it is now and i for one would happy to pay that as i use about 40 times per year.

I am sixty four next birthday,got a pass when sixty,maybe used it about ten times,its only one for local routes,but like people have said if you have paid into the system use it,i found out just before xmas that you can receive the winter fuel allowence at sixty,i rung the number and yes the guy said you are entitled the the payment of two hundred pounds,how long it will be available is anyones guess.