bit harsh

kody

Experience has taught me that chitter chatter in gunshops ( or anywhere for that matter ) is similar to 'a bloke down the pub told me.....' especially when those involved aren't present. There again, it may be true. :)

We heard that a local 'keeper on BIG local shoot had his tickets revoked for various reasons and he'd lost his job as a result. The rumour spread like a runny nappy, much to the delight of those who didn't like him. It turned out he'd merely left.

I think the gun would be 'registered' on his SGC at time of sale, though he could probably have been charged with not complying with a statutory requirement.

All of us are only human. He wont be the first nor last, but it's certainly the first time I've heard of someone being revoked for that reason alone.

Overheard a conversation in a gunship that a gun owner forgot to notify the police when he purchased another shotgun and had his ticket taken away seems a bit harsh

Sorry, but I call bull.

I've known a few people who've notified the police of purchases, only for the notification to never get there or be 'lost' in the system. When renewal rolls around and a visit happens, records get updated. No grief, end of story.

I know i've had that happen bought 2 rifles at same time in same envolope, got a letter months later asking about 1 of the riflles, all recorded delivery, but they werenae really that bothered, even happend a 2nd time with a shotgun but by then had started emailing them aswell, (i then print of email as well as the recipet email from police) so could pull the sent email out of my file.

But it does seem to be a different climate now and they seem to be trying to take licences away for very little

It`s not as if you don`t have plenty of time to register a gun, so not a great deal of sympathy here. Losing his ticket is quite a light punishment, he could have been charged with having an unregistered gun and be facing a few years inside. If he`s lucky he may be able to re-apply in a year or two.

Thank the lord you're not a magistrate, I'd have spent my entire adult life in prison.

Experience has taught me that chitter chatter in gunshops ( or anywhere for that matter ) is similar to 'a bloke down the pub told me.....' especially when those involved aren't present. There again, it may be true. :)

We heard that a local 'keeper on BIG local shoot had his tickets revoked for various reasons and he'd lost his job as a result. The rumour spread like a runny nappy, much to the delight of those who didn't like him. It turned out he'd merely left.

A story without some sort of jeopordy, embelishment and a dose of harsh justice just isn't worth telling though.

I don't doubt the OP overheard some chit chat, but the chit chatters wouldn't have been chit chatting a story about 'guy forgets to notify plod and plod are understanding and subsequently update their records'. Terribly dull and nothing to get indignant about, likewise your not so nefarious keeper.

I heard of a keeper who snorted coke through a full choke off the naked thigh of the Laird's teenage daughter whilst cavorting with the local plod's wife, that's why she lost her ticket! Now that's a story to be told in the gunshop :)

Thank the lord you're not a magistrate, I'd have spent my entire adult life in prison.

:lol:

I heard of a keeper who snorted coke through a full choke off the naked thigh of the Laird's teenage daughter whilst cavorting with the local plod's wife, that's why she lost her ticket! Now that's a story to be told in the gunshop :)

I hope it was a Teague choke.

Honestly , seeing the cutbacks the police are having (such as losing FEO'S ) and waiting 10 months for my department to visit 2 people and phone 2 , for them to then phone me and grant, I don't think forgetting to notify (when he was a certificate holder who already had been cleared fit and proper to possess said class of firearm)really is that big of a deal as long as you explain yourself and say sorry , a little give and take is what is needed

Honestly , seeing the cutbacks the police are having (such as losing FEO'S ) and waiting 10 months for my department to visit 2 people and phone 2 , for them to then phone me and grant, I don't think forgetting to notify (when he was a certificate holder who already had been cleared fit and proper to possess said class of firearm)really is that big of a deal as long as you explain yourself and say sorry , a little give and take is what is needed

I think the key thing is quite the oppisate, don't admit to it, and don't own up to it.

I had proof on both occasions i had notified them but they were not that intrested really as long as they can trace where the gun is and all is above board.

That's partly why i now if i ever change a gun email, print of the email and the automatic reply email and staple them both together, means any problems are not on my side now, but i don't really change guns that much

I HAD 2 SHOTGUNS ESSEX DIDNT KNOW I HAD UNTILL RENEWALL

Similar situation to mate. He had two mod's that the head of licensing was adamant he was not authorised to possess, and not only did she suggest he would be prosecuted but the RFD who sold him them also.

He had owned them through two renewals! How it all happened I have no idea but was eventually resolved when she found them on a certificate going back a couple of renewals, but not until he and her had had a stand up row in the reception of police HQ! :)