New EU Firearms legislation proposals, action needed.

Alycidon

BASC are advising that we write to our Euro MPs ref these new proposed firearms legislation. Members,you will soon be getting an e mail from them if you have not just had it.

http://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/qa-european-commission-proposals-for-amending-the-firearms-directive/

From what I can see the new requirements could include a compulsory medical test and a ban on semi auto weapons. BASC are suggesting in their e mail that this could be all semi's but their web site suggests it may be limited at assault rifle replicas in 22LR and 22 Mag rather than 10/22 s etc but where do you go with a 10/22 fitted with an Armalite AR15 type stock for example.

Bit of a can of worms but we need to all do out bit.

A

+1

The second link goes to an email thing, fill in your details hit the button and it gives you a list of your MEPs and a copy of the email the will get hit the button and its sent to all of them.

is there a way to see how many have signed it ? ive done it but i cant sem to find anyway of seeing a running total of signatures .

I got an email the other day saying that over 300,000 have signed the firearms unit petition

Done :good:

Stevo when I signed the number was 6068 who had sent emails. So not near enough people come on get it done takes 30 seconds.

CHEERS FIGGY, I did see a number pop up when I signed it , but didn't realise what it was ...........doh !

Edited by stevo

Done, 7532 have now signed, considering the number of sgc/fac holders in this country I would hope it increases dramatically, the trouble is some people look at it and think it doesn't affect them so why bother , what they don't realise is that it will snowball to ban all sgc's and fac's in the none to distant future, except for professional pest controllers and farmers who can prove they need them, so come on people get signing now.