EU In or out

old'un

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that all? Bargain. I really am torn on this issue. I think there is strength in numbers and being a part of the EU but the way its managed seems to be like the UK in the 70's were it lacks transparency. For me the biggest fear is a yes vote that sends a message we are happy with it all when I think even the yes voters want change. A bit like the Scottish question its not so black and white.

Exactly my thoughts.

After watching Andrew Marr this morning Dave never really answered a question put to him,

Couple of things I picked up on

1, in 7 years time the if we stay in, the EU can overturn everything Dave has just negotiated (this thing about stopping incomers from getting full benefit related stuff for 4 years is guff, they can still claim up to 90% until the 4 years are up, Marr put that to Dave but he kept side stepping it)

2, If we leave (fingers crossed) Wee Mary Doll has publicly stated she will push for another Scottish referendum as she wants Scotland to stay in the EU.

As an aside for those who think Europe will stop trading with us, BMW, Audi and the like will lose billions in sales and thats just a few motor companies, we buy too much stuff from Europe for them to abandon us

:shaun:

After watching Andrew Marr this morning Dave never really answered a question put to him,

Couple of things I picked up on

1, in 7 years time the if we stay in, the EU can overturn everything Dave has just negotiated

2, If we leave (fingers crossed) Wee Mary Doll has publicly stated she will push for another Scottish referendum as she wants Scotland to stay in the EU.

As an aside for those who think Europe will stop trading with us, BMW, Audi and the like will lose billions in sales and thats just a few motor companies, we buy too much stuff from Europe for them to abandon us

:shaun:

On this point Sturgeon has been careful in her language, she has said that it will undoubtedly cause demand for a new vote, but demanding and getting is a very different thing.

I honestly do not believe that the nat's in Scotland could provide a compelling case to vote for independence just now, too much was predicated on oil. If the nat's were to get a 2nd bite at the cherry and lose they are finished for a couple of generations at least on this issue.

My gut feeling is that they don't want a referendum right now, but it will not stop them banging on about it and try to use the fear of that as leverage. Until we have at least 9-12 months of polls showing that at least 60% of the Scottish electorate would opt for independence we will not see another one being asked for by the Scottish government.

Edited by grrclark

Here. Educate yourself...

Interesting. So even if we leave it seems Cameron would still push for TTIP.

The thing is, if enough British people are against such a deal they can vote Cameron out... How do we vote out the EU commissioners?

Maybe you should be educating yourself about democracy?

Its not so much do we want to leave the EU as has the EU got any future whether we stay or not?

The EU is finished, dead in the water, bogged down and unable to govern itself. Had it remained an alliance of about seven of the strongest economies it may have worked but when they let in all the skint ex communist block countries the whole dynamic changed.

Not really leaving, more like walking away I would say.

I'm old enough to have voted to join the EEC as it then was.

I certainly didn't vote for the semi dictatorship and quango that ist clearly become.

I do a fair chunk of business with Italy and am concerned about what happens if we are out, but I'm sick to the back teeth of Euro generated legislation being needlessly enforced.

I'm more than willing to take the risk. I'm OUT.

webber

1. Interesting. So even if we leave it seems Cameron would still push for TTIP.

2. The thing is, if enough British people are against such a deal they can vote Cameron out... How do we vote out the EU commissioners?

3. Maybe you should be educating yourself about democracy?

1. Every day is a school day. For all of us...

2. This is something a lot of people are not comfortable about. Including myself. The same goes with the unelected 'lords' (aka old slave owners, party donors etc). But if one has a headache one does not cut their head off.

3. There is no democracy in Monarchy. There is a king/queen and subjects. Subjects do as the king/queen pleases.

Edited by Psyxologos

1. Every day is a school day. For all of us...

2. This is something a lot of people are not comfortable about. Including myself. The same goes with the unelected 'lords' (aka old slave owners, party donors etc). But if one has a headache one does not cut their head off.

3. There is no democracy in Monarchy. There is a king/queen and subjects. Subjects do as the king/queen pleases.

I suggest a book on British history might clarify things.....regarding 3.

Getting out has some risks of the unknown, but we will manage them.

Staying in will have very known risks to our British, Christian identity.

We need to get out, we are and always have been good enough not to need Brussels.

Trade with Europe, be friends with them is fine, being Governed by them is not.

We will not be alone, as some scaremoungers have said......we have the Commonwealth and an ally in America.

OUT OUT OUT.......sooner the better.