BBC 2 9pm Dunblane Our story

chrisjh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad for all involved and the families who lost children.

Team tractor you show off you were 14 and your wife wasn't born until 93.

I don't think the handgun ban I'll ever be changed.

Edited by figgy

watching this should be a prerequisite for anyone who supports a return to hand gun ownership

What if a knife or shot gun was used, would you support them being baned, ? It was the guy that carried out the shooting that was the issue not what he used. It could happen again tomarrow the only difference would be is a legally owned hand gun would not be used.

Edited by ordnance

If I remember the gossip that was going back and forth at the time, which has been put on the secret squirrel, do not open for 30years, list - was not Hamilton "friends" with a high up copper in the local area, which allowed him to keep his guns in spite of being accused by several people, on several occasions, of drawing his pistols on people who objected to him filming their kids in their undies.

I seem to remember a couple of these incidents were supposedly as much nutters being able to keep their guns through the influence of the old pals network, as anything else.

If all that was reported was true, no way should Hamilton have had anything left in his cabinet.

watching this should be a prerequisite for anyone who supports a return to hand gun ownership

Why? As usual I doubt you'll contribute anymore to the thread once you've started your trolling, but if you do, perhaps you could tell us why you think viewing this 'should be a prerequisite for anyone who supports a return to handgun ownership'.

I look forward to your enlightened points filled with your usual logic.

reading some of your posts over the last few months has led me to ask a few questions fella...

are you sure your on the correct forum?

would a subscription to "gun control network" be a better option?

what about signing up to "mumsnet", I get the feeling you would fit right in over there...

:no:

I think scully has summed you up nicely, troll, as terrible as it was how would it have been any different if Hamilton had walked in there with a shotgun or rifle? The only option to stop the possibility of a licensed weapon being used in an incident like this would be to ban private firearm ownership outright, and Nutters would still find a way to kill people. silly unhelpful comment.

Putting aside how these children and teacher were killed it was a very tragic and very sad event that took away the future of 16 innocent children and one can only but be touched by the life time of pain and heart break Hamilton caused.

The government did not have the integrity to be honest and defend this for what it was a very infrequent event caused by failings in the process that granted Hamilton his guns. So they sided with the media that handguns should be banned in the hope it would also win them the next election and the rest is history.

As of today the shooting organisations failed to unit to a defend the sport. Do I miss my handguns yes but their is no point comparing the handguns with cars or cricket bats or knives in the vane hope it will bring them back.

No political party will ever have the bottle to repeal the ban.

reading some of your posts over the last few months has led me to ask a few questions fella...

are you sure your on the correct forum?

would a subscription to "gun control network" be a better option?

what about signing up to "mumsnet", I get the feeling you would fit right in over there...

:no:

+1

Just watched it and the Mrs who was only born in 93 hadn't heard of it . I remember it well as I was 14 and shocked but can't help but feel a 12g semi could of done the same or a machete , knife . A child is an easy target and only a looney would hurt any child .

Not nearly as easily as a high capacity pistol which is easy to conceal and easy to point at close range. It would take no more than two adults to bring down a machete man and you can't carry and use two semi automatic shotguns.

The harsh reality is that a pistol is too deadly in these situations.

The least an adult can do when faced with a machete/knife is to stand well back and throw heavy objects at the monster.

Edited by Hamster

Not nearly as easily as a high capacity pistol which is easy to conceal and easy to point at close range. It would take no more than two adults to bring down a machete man and you can't carry and use two semi automatic shotguns.

The harsh reality is that a pistol is too deadly in these situations.

The least an adult can do when faced with a machete/knife is to stand well back and throw heavy objects at the monster.

I suggest you Google a saiga 12 shotgun, there's nothing more devastating than a shotgun for close range, alot of the lads in afgan use shotguns loaded with 00 buck for first man entry into rooms. Terrible events but banning pistols has saved no one, look at the Derick bird incident.

If a nutter had the choice between a knife or pistol/semi auto rifle and had access to one then he's gonna pick the gun as he's going to kill more people with one plus it makes it easier for him to kill himself after. Also I might be wrong but some of these gunmen probably couldn't go round hacking kids with machetes so the gun makes it easier for them and less barbaric.

Before we drift off into all manner of fantastical scenarios it is well worth remembering there is nothing to stop anyone from walking into a school tomorrow with a handgun and doing the same.

The ban had nothing to do with handguns and everything to do with politicians milking the tragedy for party gain against an imploding Tory government and an imminent election.

If Derek Bird had walked into his local primary with his .22 and 12 bore at a time of general election this forum probably wouldn't exist. There is nothing to prevent it from happening tomorrow, or the next day.

The ban wasn't about handguns.

Before we drift off into all manner of fantastical scenarios it is well worth remembering there is nothing to stop anyone from walking into a school tomorrow with a handgun and doing the same.

The ban had nothing to do with handguns and everything to do with politicians milking the tragedy for party gain against an imploding Tory government and an imminent election.

If Derek Bird had walked into his local primary with his .22 and 12 bore at a time of general election this forum probably wouldn't exist. There is nothing to prevent it from happening tomorrow, or the next day.

well said fella.

Agreed, as usual the voice of common sense.

As Scully said

`The ban had nothing to do with handguns and everything to do with politicians milking the tragedy for party gain`

Look what is now going to happen to air weapons in Scotland due to a tragic death of a wee toddler The SNP have milked that one and unfortunately won but it is going to be a bit of a ******* to administer.