Lambs shot by thugs

rovercoupe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if the Police had decided to set up some sort of surveillance, or increased patrols in the area, they may have caught them.

Still, thats much harder than issuing statements after the event using phrases like, "sickening and thoughtless act of violence against animals, which has caused outrage" and " I want to reassure the local community that we are determined to find those responsible".

If it wasn't so sad, it would make you laugh.

Ah, you don't understand. The statement can be sorted by some girl in an office in just a few minutes. She just goes down the list until she finds a suitable one, then tags on the end "Lessons will be learned by this"

Job done for about 50p :good:

Sorry guys, but this isn't some idiot believing they are shooting at foxes at night is it?

I can't understand the mind set, why go to a field and deliberately inflict pain, suffering and death on livestock?

If these perpetrators are taking pleasure in this horrific act, they need to be removed from the public domain and quickly too.

I too think it's a rimfire or very powerful FAC air. If this was centre-fire stuff the lambs would have died in the field surely?

Guest stevo

Whats to say it not part of the anti brigade ? No one ever seems to think them . Just look at the stunts they pull . Lies.... Violence .... Criminal damage ... Intimadation ...... The list goes on .

How hard is it for them to shoot an animal . Then go dump . Kwik phone call to RSPCA / police .

Then the papers get hold of it . And bang us shooters are evil and look what we have done now ....

Its like game birds being dumped . How hard is it to go the the game dealers buy a load of game birds and just wait a day or two after a game shoot . Dump birds with lots of photos .

all we seem to do is POINT THE FINGER AT EACH OTHER !

Edited by stevo

That area is around 15 minutes from where I live, where I went to school.

Far be it from me to point fingers, but there is a big gypsy and traveller presence in the Doncaster area. It wouldn't take much for a farmer to have a do with a bunch of gypsies, and the gypsies shoot a few lambs as revenge. I would put my house on that being the case.

A licence holder isn't stupid enough to go out and shoot a load of lambs, you hope. A false-flag campaign by the antis is plausible, but I doubt it. The antis are a bunch of radical loonies, but I doubt they'd go out and shoot a load of lambs to prove a point and benefit from the negative publicity.

But, I would put money on it being bad blood between the farmer and some gypsies, especially in that area.

Far be it from me to point fingers, but there is a big gypsy and traveller presence in the Doncaster area. It wouldn't take much for a farmer to have a do with a bunch of gypsies, and the gypsies shoot a few lambs as revenge. I would put my house on that being the case.

A licence holder isn't stupid enough to go out and shoot a load of lambs, you hope. A false-flag campaign by the antis is plausible, but I doubt it. The antis are a bunch of radical loonies, but I doubt they'd go out and shoot a load of lambs to prove a point and benefit from the negative publicity.

But, I would put money on it being bad blood between the farmer and some gypsies, especially in that area.

Don't disagree

As I said earlier, revenge. He's had a go at someone, maybe for nicking scrap, running dogs or such. Now he's paying the price.

Sounds plausible what are the plod doing about this if it was ****** they will do digly squat

They'll do nothing as the ****** tie them in knots, and if caught red handed they just move on. Suppose it's easy to give false name, get tame solicitor to get you out, then move to a different area.

I was told, by a *****, that theft was easy to get away with. Apparently, court / police have to prove intent to permanently deprive the legal owner of said items. ****** just say they were borrowing it and intended to return said items when finished with, then walk away to freedom.

True / not true ??

It's on Twitter also; the same farm. Someone has suggested it may be anti's stirring up trouble, but it's anyone's guess really. Pic's showed several lambs in back of vehicle enroute to vets; some died on the way. Tool is suspected to be an air rifle.

Edited by Scully

As I said earlier, revenge. He's had a go at someone, maybe for nicking scrap, running dogs or such. Now he's paying the price.

Bit of a harsh price though! Someone comes on his land illegally, he says do one, they kill his live stock and income...

They need to put nv capable cameras in areas that may catch the scum...

Edited by ShootingEgg

Like those mounted on rifles..

I saw some people poaching not long ago so put the crosshairs on them with night vision to take a photo then thought better of it if I showed the police as Evidence, 'i ******* hate ******' couldn't be more true :lol: It wouldn't surprise me if it was anti's though... They seem to be getting worse at the minute