SAS hero's prison sentence

Yeah but there is no consistency in passing sentence. There was a little scrote who was caught with a sawn off in public and never got a sentence like this. Plus all the drugs etc.

Perhaps he is lucky that there is some inconsistency . or he may well have got 5 years .

It seems that some people who have served in the armed forces - serving their country above and beyond - think they have a divine right to hang on to guns and ammunition. Oddly, they seem to want to retain ammunition, even though it is only the gun they claim to value. I would need to see a polygraph strapped to their arm, before I believed their fairy tales.

They trot out truly pathetic tales about forgetting they had it or it having sentimental value. The fact is they think they are above the law and are worrying individuals. More worrying are the supporters who swallow this guff and think they are harshly treated.

The man is an idiot and got off lightly. I suppose his supporters think he should have a knighthood.

Hardly an idiot..... And lightly my ****. A stupid thing to do, maybe.... As regards the ammo, yes, a tit!

Edited by jam1e

very correct, once you cross the line regardless of what you have done in the past your'e just a plain simple criminal

No excuses

I agree as regards crossing the line. However, I've know of cases that go under the "National" press radar, where ****s from organised crime groups only got a tad more months. Mitigation, and intent spring to mind.... (Not with regard to the ammo)

Edited by jam1e

When long magazine shotguns became Section 1 Firearms, it was estimated that 375,000 such weapons, that had previously not been recorded/registered, 'went under the bed''. I expect some have been handed in under the amnesties, but I don't reckon the jails would have enough room if the rest were found.

Devils advocate. Had he been an American and an ex member of US Special Forces, he would have received a handshake and been sent on his way. Amazing the differences in laws between countries, where a crime punishable by imprisonment in one country is just the normal way of life in another.

Devils advocate. Had he been an American and an ex member of US Special Forces, he would have received a handshake and been sent on his way. Amazing the differences in laws between countries, where a crime punishable by imprisonment in one country is just the normal way of life in another.

You can't compare the two,

Handguns are legal in the USA not legal here,

Shouldn't have had it, and knew that.

:shaun:

As shaun says you can't compare the two.

But I'm fairly sure if an American special forces soldier committed something that was illegal in the states he would be punished.