Think I may have been scammed

shoot and be safe

I always like to assume innocence until it can be clearly determined otherwise. There is still the potential here that the keeper is simply just a poor "business man" and has been caught out himself, perhaps becoming too complacent over the years it sounds like he has been in post. I hope so, and that he will return your money.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.

The bank have fobbed me off saying that because I transfered the monies i can only claim it back if it hadn't been drawn on.

Needless to say, the money was withdrawn two days later, so no refund.

I have asked for this all to be put in writing so i can look into things further.

I had a telephone conversation with the keeper and he is still on his home landline, so hasn't left yet.

He is obviously very apologetic over the whole situation and has asked for my bank details so he can send me the refund when he gets it back from the game dealer.

I asked for idea of time that this will take and he says it should be within the next week.

I am not holding my breath.

I am waiting to hear back from the estate office of the land owners that this shoot is on, to see what insights they can offer to help solve this situation.

GOP have removed his page and asked that I contact them next week to give them a updat on proceedings.

Once again thanks for your time.

All the best

Mark

Update.

The bank have fobbed me off saying that because I transfered the monies i can only claim it back if it hadn't been drawn on.

Needless to say, the money was withdrawn two days later, so no refund.

I have asked for this all to be put in writing so i can look into things further.

I had a telephone conversation with the keeper and he is still on his home landline, so hasn't left yet.

He is obviously very apologetic over the whole situation and has asked for my bank details so he can send me the refund when he gets it back from the game dealer.

I asked for idea of time that this will take and he says it should be within the next week.

I am not holding my breath.

I am waiting to hear back from the estate office of the land owners that this shoot is on, to see what insights they can offer to help solve this situation.

GOP have removed his page and asked that I contact them next week to give them a updat on proceedings.

Once again thanks for your time.

All the best

Mark

Who is the game dealer?

Who is the game dealer?

Enquiries are underway, phone calls will continue tomorrow in between stands at the charity shoot ;)

I have been given a location and contact name but not the actual of the company.

Google has earned its money from me over the last couple of days.

I have received a email back from the estate office confirming a couple of things, so the smell of fish isn't as bad as before, but it still lingers.

• 2 months later...

A quick update for you all.

I have been quite as it has ended up in court.

The long and short of it all is the bailiffs are going In.

The last correspondence from him to the courts was an offer of £25/month. I'm not prepared to wait over 7 years for the full refund.

I shall keep a eye on the TV schedule for him to appear on "Can't pay, we'll take it away" :lol:

There's some bad people out there ( I was scammed by a man called Derek Anderson who lived in midhurst, for £1650 for some optics and he was bankrupt and ccj'd to kingdom come so wasn't going to get a penny) but also some good people who have had bad misfortune. However those people will normally be honest and tell you straight so at least you know.

There's some bad people out there ( I was scammed by a man called Derek Anderson who lived in midhurst, for £1650 for some optics and he was bankrupt and ccj'd to kingdom come so wasn't going to get a penny) but also some good people who have had bad misfortune. However those people will normally be honest and tell you straight so at least you know.

• 3 months later...

An update for you all.

Folowing a couple of court cases my claim has now been passed on to the official receiver and a moratorium period of 12 months has started with a view of him being declared insolvent. This means I am not alowed to pursue him for the 12 month moratorium period unless his circumstances change (the rules are very strict, for example, no more than £50 disposable income per month). If at the end of the 12 months and his circumstances haven't changed, he is discharged from his debts in relation to this moratorium (£17k+)and I like the other creditors will receive nothing.

An expensive lesson learned and one to chalk down to experience.

I would like to thank you all for your support and advice in regard to this situation.

All the best

Mark

Cranfield, on 08 Dec 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Any further reaction from Guns on Pegs ?

I am not convinced they have no responsibility, even if its only a moral one.

This is the trouble with providing a "Market Place" for buyers and sellers.

Sellers pay to advertise and the Market Place doesn't want to frighten off its revenue stream. Buyers don't want to pay for the due diligence and also expect the Market Place to do some vetting.

From memory, Kings Walk always made much of its long track record, so you could reasonably expect it to be well run. As always, buyer beware.

Any further reaction from Guns on Pegs ?

I am not convinced they have no responsibility, even if its only a moral one.

I don't hold GOP responsible for my plight in any way shape or form. Much the same if a similar situation occurred from an advert placed on here. The management can not be held responsible for the actions of its members.

I only used GOP for the initial contact and based my decision to join the syndicate baced in the Wrexham area on the information I obtained from the questions I asked.

I have now written it off and moved on from the situation.

As already mentioned,it is a expensive lesson learned and yes buyers beware.

its not just the shoots

there is an estate nearby that advertise for guns on GOP where my pal and I often shoot, there was a team of 6 guns booked in leaving two guns available, I checked with the office just before it closed on the day before to check the availability, the team had confirmed that day, we rolled up at 8-30, party of 6 didn't show, would not answer the phone, estate still payed the pickers up and beaters, turns out they had booked at the estates hotel as well, so all in all well out of pocket, looks like this estate will now require substantial deposits with booking,

its not just the shoots

there is an estate nearby that advertise for guns on GOP where my pal and I often shoot, there was a team of 6 guns booked in leaving two guns available, I checked with the office just before it closed on the day before to check the availability, the team had confirmed that day, we rolled up at 8-30, party of 6 didn't show, would not answer the phone, estate still payed the pickers up and beaters, turns out they had booked at the estates hotel as well, so all in all well out of pocket, looks like this estate will now require substantial deposits with booking,

Indeed, good and bad on all sides.

I don't mind paying a deposit for a days shooting, but it won't be more than I'm prepared to loose if things go wrong. Hopefully they won't.

I know when I've organised a day, I always ask for a small deposit just to put people off backing out last minute and if the day does get canceled I can refund them out of my own pocket if needs be.

Sorry to hear the outcome Mark :unhappy: :unhappy: I was scammed with a set of tyres & learned my lesson not to bank transfer but this sounded good as he got people I know to confirm I could be trusted :unhappy: We have a mini driven day booked in Fife on 7th January if you are interested - options of Goose Flight to start & finish with Duck Flight (stop over here :good:) if interested I will let you know prices