Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

Granett - any chance of an answer? You can type it in red if it makes you feel better.

Just had a look at the Huffington Post. 56 examples of racism (feel free to count them for yourself or ask for a second count) - therefore 17 million people are racists.

I see how it all works now. It has become clear. Just make a stupid generalisation and hope people won't notice. :whistling:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no doubt that the vote to leave has been misconstrued by racists as an endorsement of their bigotry, but that is because they are already generally insular, narrow minded and well, let's be honest, by their very behaviour, shall we say, a bit thick?

Anyone of average intelligence however, should surely be able to recognise that those who voted to leave can't be held responsible for the behaviour of bigots. Shouldn't they?

Eh ?

So you then quote a piece in the Telegraph,about some facebook group who are reporting 'increased racism' in the wake of Brexit.

Well that just proves it then doesnt it ?

Because there were never any racist incidents before were there?

And why on earth would people be talking about immigration et al ,straight after a referendum where immigration was a key point ?

I hope youre better in a courtroom with your arguments ,than you are on here with us thicko's :lol:

Cleaner maybe ? hence the time to read the press and free time to post drivel on here whilst ensconed in his cubby hole surrounded by bleach and noxious mind altering chemicals. By the way I'm a lifestyle spacial enhancement engineer before anyone asks.

Right, so when was the last time you saw anything about war torn Syria on the news.. Its called putting what will sell papers in the papers!!! Racial crime is not new, its just in the news now!!! Im offended by your narrow mindedness that you seem to think that I, someone who did vote Brexit am a racist...when actually imagration was down the list for me. I work in an office with people from ALL over the world.. so i think you need to pipe down and deal with the result. You appear to be a sad little man... Who is just copying web links and agreeing with them. Its pathetic

WOW! I'm calling a halt on that one, RED CARD for you my son. One Troll too far

Amen to that, so as well as all vote out people being racists we also deny the holocaust? what a rediculous assumption. Typical leftist claptrap. Off back under your bridge before nurse sees you are out of bed.

There's probably (give or take) the same number of racists in the country before the referendum, the only thing that's changed is its been bought to the fore by the referendum, once it's settled down the racist scum will crawl back under the rocks from where they came, what you can't seem to get is voting brexit in no way makes anyone a racist.

I think I am missing something here. Non British voters had no vote.

But our wonderful system just sent polling cards to everybody on the electoral register same as it does for every election. Regardless of whether they were elegable or not.

You don't have to be British to vote in other type of election, council, parliamentary elections as long as you have been in the country six months you can vote.

WOW! I'm calling a halt on that one, RED CARD for you my son. One Troll too far

Amen to that, so as well as all vote out people being racists we also deny the holocaust? what a rediculous assumption. Typical leftist claptrap. Off back under your bridge before nurse sees you are out of bed.

Agreed, I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with him, either that or a troll

Cleaner maybe ? hence the time to read the press and free time to post drivel on here whilst ensconed in his cubby hole surrounded by bleach and noxious mind altering chemicals. By the way I'm a lifestyle spacial enhancement engineer before anyone asks.

Painter and decorator? Thumbs up

Edited by sportsbob

Granett - any chance of an answer? You can type it in red if it makes you feel better.

Just had a look at the Huffington Post. 56 examples of racism (feel free to count them for yourself or ask for a second count) - therefore 17 million people are racists.

I see how it all works now. It has become clear. Just make a stupid generalisation and hope people won't notice. :whistling:

The generalisations were all assumed by other posters.

But..

In this debate (where you'd assume racists would be at their most guarded) there were at least three racist comments (ignoring other threads - where I remember at least one "A lot of immigrants are smelly" comment - and also ignoring those posts agreeing or saying +1 to the racist posts).

How many contributors are there to the debate? For ease, say 50 contributors.

While not all those voting to leave are racist, every racist voted to leave. Bizarre to claim otherwise.

Pigeon Watch seems overwhelmingly in favour of leaving. Say 98 percent for ease.

So extrapolating the PW figures, 3/49 leave voters were unable to conceal their racist views. Over 5% of the vote leave camp.

And that ignores those who are intelligent enough to hide their racism and ascribe their decision to other reasons.

Whether PW is more or less racist than the rest of those who voted to leave can be argued, and the figures can be jigged, but it will always represent a large chunk. (Which is what - if you look - I have always said. Not that you're all racists).

Interesting section on C4 news last night:-

http://youtu.be/ieZSGSzWYOE

Edited by Granett

You really seem to be clutching at straws now. Just what are you trying to prove; that there are racists in the UK? Is anyone denying this? Is this news?

Is this video proof that all those who voted to leave are white English racists?

Are we supposed to take you serious?

I really am at a loss now as to just what exactly is the point you're trying to make.

There have been racists of every nationality in every country since the beginning of time. There are recorded incidences of UK Polish immigrant racist abuse of other UK immigrants. There are recorded incidences of other second and third generation UK immigrants racially abusing other UK immigrants and non-immigrants. What does this prove? Does it prove the vote to leave is responsible or that those who voted to leave are racists? All of them?

Just what is it that you're trying to prove? All UK football fans are hooligans and racist?

You sound like an intelligent bloke but you're coming across as an idiot. You appear to have a mighty chip on your shoulder against those who voted to leave and I think it is colouring your view.

I appreciate your measured post. And I *am* strongly disappointed at the outcome of the vote. This thread constitutes a debate about Brexit and so it's unclear why so many posters feel aggrieved at continued debate on the subject.

My original point was that at this stage, while most aspects and repercussions are not yet apparent, one of the immediate (and entirely foreseeable) consequences has been a surge in emboldened racist behaviour.

The rest of the tangent here about racism is a result of the continued denial on here that the two are linked.

I am not entirely convinced about this increase in reported hate crime. A lot of it is very trivial, why would anybody go to the trouble of reporting to the police something like being given a hard stare by somebody on the bus?

I suspect a bit of a manipulation is taking place.

I appreciate your measured post. And I *am* strongly disappointed at the outcome of the vote. This thread constitutes a debate about Brexit and so it's unclear why so many posters feel aggrieved at continued debate on the subject.

My original point was that at this stage, while most aspects and repercussions are not yet apparent, one of the immediate (and entirely foreseeable) consequences has been a surge in emboldened racist behaviour.

The rest of the tangent here about racism is a result of the continued denial on here that the two are linked.

Which is jumped upon by the press and people like you and blown out of all proportion.

The country was given the chance to vote in the referendum, the vote was in favour of leaving, possibly due to a combination of dissatisfaction with our politicians and the running of the EU.

You continue to espouse the "poor" result and yet, even above, you mention the unknown element that will result.

Accept what has been done and revel in our hoped for improvement due to the release from the shackles of the unelected governance from the other side of the English Channel.