Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially if they get all their "facts" from Murdoch and Dacre.

Although, even they can't hide the state of play:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3684282/Sombre-data-sends-UK-10-yr-government-bond-yield-new-low.html

"The yield of Britain's benchmark 10-year government bonds hit another record low on Monday as a batch of data painting a sombre outlook for the British economy sent investors scrambling for safe-haven assets such as gilts.

The yield on 10-year gilts fell to as low as 0.710 percent - almost half its level on June 23, when Britons voted to leave the European Union, confounding investors' expectations and raising concerns about Britain's economic resilience."

Sorry, forgot to add unscrupulous Solicitors to the list of corrupt 'professionals' the uk could do without.

Granett - you are needed on another thread - "No good news allowed".

It is about good news that is being supressed, following Brexit. We need you to pour cold water on this news quickly, before people start thinking Brexit was already working.

Especially if they get all their "facts" from Murdoch and Dacre.

Although, even they can't hide the state of play:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3684282/Sombre-data-sends-UK-10-yr-government-bond-yield-new-low.html

"The yield of Britain's benchmark 10-year government bonds hit another record low on Monday as a batch of data painting a sombre outlook for the British economy sent investors scrambling for safe-haven assets such as gilts.

The yield on 10-year gilts fell to as low as 0.710 percent - almost half its level on June 23, when Britons voted to leave the European Union, confounding investors' expectations and raising concerns about Britain's economic resilience."

Do you understand bond yields, how they are calculated and what drives bond yields up or down? The Daily Mail don't so don't quote them.

For what it's worth UK bond yields have been falling since the mid 90's. So what does that mean?

Answers on a postcard....

Do you understand bond yields, how they are calculated and what drives bond yields up or down? The Daily Mail don't so don't quote them.

For what it's worth UK bond yields have been falling since the mid 90's. So what does that mean?

Answers on a postcard....

A reflection on the quality of the UK Government since the mid 90's perhaps?

A reflection on the quality of the UK Government since the mid 90's perhaps?

Ok hold that thought. And if I tell you that over the past 10 years Greek bond yields have been rising. How do you correlate that.

Not saying we should lurch anywhere but one thing that strikes me about this referendum is that your average working Brit is sick of the rich and powerful making the rules and being forced to play a rigged game, politics and the country needs a shake up, since the financial crisis caused by greedy bankers and politicians Joe public have seen no rise in living standards, while some on benefits continue to get something for nothing and the bankers and politicians have got richer, if things aren't changed I can see anger amongst uk "working class" boiling over

You could be right. The gap between rich and poor can be seen to widen as a country becomes more economically successful. Maybe there is a breaking point somewhere or the rich just give a little more to quench the uprising?

Bond yields fall as bond prices rise. Prices rise when people are buying. Now if bond prices are rising when stock prices are falling then yes it can indicate a rush to safer investments (bonds) versus riskier ones (stocks). However share prices are still relatively high. I would therefore interpret the current scenario as a view that UK bonds are seen as a safer haven than other countries.

I can't understand why some seem intent on talking us into a recession.

Many “experts” are paid enormous amounts for their supposed skill in financial predictions.

If we thrive after Brexit, whatever is spouted forth in future by Osborne, Carney, Lagarde, Moody (credit rating agency), etc might appear no more valuable than Old Moore's Almanac.

But if we sink, they can present themselves as infallible, and demand worth even more money.

I can't understand why some seem intent on talking us into a recession.

Of course he didn't say so *before* the VOTE (and we may disagree on whether or not he's an expert) but...

"Britain WILL enter recession, Farage predicts"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660536/Nigel-Farage-predicts-Britain-enter-recession.html

Edited by Granett

I don't think you needed a crystal ball to see that a Brexit vote would have financial markets bouncing around. That's like saying if you pull a tooth out its going to bleed. You are still better off without the tooth

Use the crystal ball instead to look at what the EU will be like in 5 years time and ask yourself would you want to be still in?

Edited by Vince Green

Many experts are paid enormous amounts for their supposed skill in financial predictions.

If we thrive after Brexit, whatever is spouted forth in future by Osborne, Carney, Lagarde, Moody (credit rating agency), etc might appear no more valuable than Old Moore's Almanac.

But if we sink, they can present themselves as infallible, and demand worth even more money.

By that "rationale" Carney's efforts post-Brexit to steady the ship are working towards making him less credible!?

Half the time brexiteers say if it works out Remainers will be shown to have been wrong, and the other half, you insist they do everything they can to fix the problems created by Brexit!

No doubt we can fully expect a full shirking of any responsibility on behalf of brexiteers when anything that goes wrong will be the fault of immigrants, Remainers not committing hard enough, the EU not playing fair etc.

No doubt we can fully expect a full shirking of any responsibility on behalf of brexiteers when anything that goes wrong will be the fault of immigrants, Remainers not committing hard enough, the EU not playing fair etc.

Equally the other way round, the remain camp will be like the SNP, starting every sentence with "Ah Well..............." They bore me already

When the EU goes bust, and it will go bust have no doubt, the likes of Junkers will blame us for everything. Do you really want us still to be in when it happens?

Poundland just had a takeover bid of £600 million from a South African Corporation announced this morning. Foreign investors are queueing up to get in while the pound is still low.

Now tell me again because I keep forgetting, Brexit was so bad because???? ,

Edited by Vince Green