Dont get too excited, just a handfull with my new little SxS

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

evening all .

as per title , please dont get too excited haha , the missus informed me we are having a BBQ at the weekend and it would be good if i could go and bag a few woodies so she can leave them in some sticky BBQ sauce to marinade , so I thought it would be a perfect chance to have a go with a little Lincoln side by side I bought a couple of weeks ago .

I only paid £140.00 for it , it was a bit beaten up but I liked the wood on it so I stripped it back , oil finished it , re-blued the barrels and gave it a good service . anyway I only wanted a hand full of pigeon so had a very basic set up , just magnet and 2 dead birds and had 45 mins , shot 12 in total but lost two in the rough to the side of me , not shot a SxS since I was a kid , really nice to have a go tonight and looking forward to a proper go in the coming days

its a Lincoln 12g SxS with double triggers choked at 3/4 and full . carts where 21 grm 7.5

https://youtu.be/h00pv36vaOE

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Great shooting. Like seeing a side by side in capable hands. You may realise your 692 barrels are the wrong way round! Ha

haha I will admit it was a tad different to my more modern guns , but buy Christ it it fun .

Guest stevo

Fair play stevo, you can shoot any shotgun well.

Nice to see a sxs in the hide, just like the old days!

I don't know what it is but It seems to feel proper decoying with a SxS , I wont go so far as to say its better , but it does leave you with a bigger smile .

Guest stevo

Cracking video and your pretty handy with the s X s as others have said nice to see one in use.

thank you mate , I'm hoping to get a proper go over the next few days , so it was nice to get a little practice session with it .

Guest stevo

There is no doubt side by sides are a lot of fun, I enjoy mine and give it an outing as often as possible.

Some good shooting as usual and some fine fare for the barbecue , what net are you using ?

thanks cranfield ,

you know what , I have no idea what net it is , I got it from the states yrs ago ( about 15 yrs ) its just a handy light net I keep in the van for those emergency decoying sessions

Nice little video. I got rid of my side by sides. I may get another, one day.

I like those old Realtree nets. Shame they are not easy to get hold of these days.

My latest video is in the early stages of production. Just narrowed the footage down to about 70 clips. Will be ready by the weekend.

Edited by motty

Guest stevo

Nice little video. I got rid of my side by sides. I may get another, one day.

I like those old Realtree nets. Shame they are not easy to get hold of these days.

My latest video is in the early stages of production. Just narrowed the footage down to about 70 clips. Will be ready by the weekend.

that's what it is !! Realtree .

I'm just about to sit back and read about your day with jules and his brother and of course Jdog

fantastic day buy the looks of things , well done lads

Good work !!

I've just picked up an old Army & Navy boxlock original sold to Captain Withers RN in 1922.

30" barrels, with quite some case hardening left, and with a bit of tlc she will be my 1st choice when it comes to the game season.

I'll strap on the GoPro and you can see how I get on later in the season!!

Lovely video steveo and nice to see someone else enjoying a s x s , I have used a s x s all my shooting life which is now over 50 years , my present gun is a B S A 28" ej that I bought at auction in nigh on new condition for £200 , that ole gun don't owe me a penny as I have fired between 35 and 40 thousand shells through it with only having to replace the top lever spring , if any of you chaps are thinking about buying one , do it now as there are a lot of bargains out there .