The Olympics...no thanks

ditchman

Watched the London gymalastics....couldnt get in to it...always the background thought of Lord Coe with his snout in the trough and all them others G4S...Teresa mays hubbies big investor there.....drug cheats.......

even now i doubt chris froome 3 times winner tour de frogland...ruskies all at it....our cyclists missing drug tests

all a horrible mess......really i cannot look at a single contestant and think..."yeah...he/she is clean"..........i have got to the stage where i dont trust any results as they all have a good chance of being enhanced...........i WANT to believe that Usain Bolt is the real deal...i really do...but i cant be bothered anymore as there is a chance of him bending the rules...........

anybody on here looking forward to the Olympics...?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the London gymalastics....couldnt get in to it...always the background thought of Lord Coe with his snout in the trough and all them others G4S...Teresa mays hubbies big investor there.....drug cheats.......

even now i doubt chris froome 3 times winner tour de frogland...ruskies all at it....our cyclists missing drug tests

all a horrible mess......really i cannot look at a single contestant and think..."yeah...he/she is clean"..........i have got to the stage where i dont trust any results as they all have a good chance of being enhanced...........i WANT to believe that Usain Bolt is the real deal...i really do...but i cant be bothered anymore as there is a chance of him bending the rules...........

anybody on here looking forward to the Olympics...?

Miserable ***. Surely if ALL competitors are taking drugs, which you are implying, then they are all on a level playing field. So what's the problem?

I will be watching the Cycling and perhaps the Clay Shooting and perhaps Mr Bolt running but that will be it for me.

I cannot help but think that Lizzie Armitstead is a very lucky girl to be British had she been Russian she would have been presumed to be guilty and banned from the Olympics.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

From what I read they will all be lucky to not come back with a dose of the runs. The accommodation is disgusting, water running down the walls, the water for the water sports is very badly polluted, then that little midge flying round biting every warm blooded thing it can get it's teeth into. Haven't had a TV in the house for over 30yrs, so will certainly not be watching any of it. Will scan the sports pages to see how Froomy and Lizzie get on but that's about all. Like football it is so riddled by corruption these days, it is not what it was originally designed to be.

Shooying & Archery. The rest is a beauty contest.. if a competitor doesn't fit an advertising ideal if youth and looks they won't be there.

Any competigors that can earn enough money from direct sponsorship or winnings (eg golf) shouldn't be there.

Really really dissapointed that all some can talk about is marketing opportunities for sports who's competitions don't really care.

In those already highly paid sports yhey are not interested in gwtting participation numbers up.. just more through the turnstile to watch and pay a tv subscription.. it's all wrong imo.

The olymipcs started to die for me after 96 and dead as concept since 2004.

Coe and the legacy tripe they peddled put paid to any hope of it being salvaged.

cyling took off beacuse of the tour. Froome and Wiggins. Archery became more popular due to the hunger games, Legolas.Tennis is Wimbledon and golf the Masters.

The rest is a beauty contest.. if a competitor doesn't fit an advertising ideal if youth and looks they won't be there.

Either you've never heard of Beth Tweddle or you have spectacularly low standards.

As for me, I dont care about any sporting events so I wont be bothering with it.

how many billion did it cost them ?

I have to agree with you on that one with the country having so many pore people it does seem wrong for them to spend so much money on what is for the most part a big advertising campaign for the country.

I tend to think if we have got to have the Olympics at all it should be held in Greece and all of the countries should contribute to have all of the buildings running tracks and swimming pools etc kept in good condition for when it takes place every four years as half of these places that they build are much to big for just one country to use.

It will all be over in a couple of weeks so in a months time every one will have forgotten about it all and the news can return to normal stuff such as the war in Syria and match of the day, CB Bbees Bbees ect. Does anyone talk about or remember much about the London Olympics. The thing sout in my mind about the London Olympics is a bad Paul McCartney sang