Profiteering

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In real terms cartridges have never been as cheap as they are now !

If you think of the price of 1000 budget clay cart as a percentage of the average weekly wage ( even min wage) then compare this to 20 years ago

Eh? Granted 20 or 30 years ago. But more recently Pre 2006 you could get the top quality cartridges for £125 a thousand. The likes of Clever T4s Express Excels. Eley Superbs were around £112, Olympics could b got for £90. Express high velocity we used to use for practice were £75.Yes £75 they are vurrently around £175

They have all more or less doubled in price.. thats 100% increase.

Wish my flaimin wages had seen that sort of increase.

It this was Milk or bread sold in Supermarkets the CMA would probably be involved by now.

In real terms cartridges have never been as cheap as they are now !

If you think of the price of 1000 budget clay cart as a percentage of the average weekly wage ( even min wage) then compare this to 20 years ago

+1 in the 1920s a box of 25 cartridges was more than a day's wages for a bricklayer my granddad told me that and I've never forgotten it. That's why my uncle used to decoy pigeons then shoot them on the ground with a .22 in the 1960s, it was cheaper

Pigeons were "not worth a cartridge" an expression I heard often as a lad. Rabbits were always netted or snared, I hardly ever remember them being shot.

Edited by Vince Green

Inflation to rise to 4% in 2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37838087

The brexit journey will not be smooth but hopefully liberating.

That report is still loaded with emotive 'project fear' phrases like "significant risks" etc

I don't really appreciate the way they speak with such certainty about events in 2017 when they don't know whats going to happen yet.

Edited by Vince Green

+1 in the 1920s a box of 25 cartridges was more than a day's wages for a bricklayer my granddad told me that and I've never forgotten it. That's why my uncle used to decoy pigeons then shoot them on the ground with a .22 in the 1960s, it was cheaper

Pigeons were "not worth a cartridge" an expression I heard often as a lad. Rabbits were always netted or snared, I hardly ever remember them being shot.

Yes, BUT it was also one hell of a lot easier to get a .22 rifle !

I run a company called Dogtra UK. All my products are imported from France. The pound has dropped so far it is coming to a point where I must increase the cost to the customer or I will actually be selling at a loss. This is something many customers find hard to believe as the product is so expensive in the first place.

One thing I do know though is that the economists wanted this and was likely to happen regardless of Brexit as they wanted to export more than they import.

We will be doing thew same but starting 1/1/17. We have absorbed some increase but all our component suppliers have increased pricing.

I had a blatant case of profiteering with a shop recently over a scope, he said i would buy one now as the prices are going up we have the new catalog bla bla bla to which i replied surly your not putting all the new prices on old stock that you have thats not right. You bought it for x amount then put the y amount price tag on with your profit incorporated now you cant just go and increase the y amount on stock you have already bought because the price of the new ones are in the rise thats just wrong

I had the same when buying a house. Some people bought 20 years ago for X amount and wanted me to pay 10's of thousands more for the same house!!! I told them where to go and went shopping elsewhere!! I am still looking so if anyone reads this that bought a house for £350 in the 60's and wants to sell for the same fair price as they paid for it PM me.

I had a blatant case of profiteering with a shop recently over a scope, he said i would buy one now as the prices are going up we have the new catalog bla bla bla to which i replied surly your not putting all the new prices on old stock that you have thats not right. You bought it for x amount then put the y amount price tag on with your profit incorporated now you cant just go and increase the y amount on stock you have already bought because the price of the new ones are in the rise thats just wrong

I think that if you came into my shop and told me how to run my business and what I could and couldn't charge for stock I'd tell you where to go and exactly how to get there.

But I'd call you "Sir" because, of course, the customer's always right.

I had the same when buying a house. Some people bought 20 years ago for X amount and wanted me to pay 10's of thousands more for the same house!!! I told them where to go and went shopping elsewhere!! I am still looking so if anyone reads this that bought a house for £350 in the 60's and wants to sell for the same fair price as they paid for it PM me.

:lol::good:

giphy.gif

not cartridges but a few years ago a guy was selling a big bore wildfowling gun on an online forum for lets say £3,000 ono

one of the first replies was bargain, its worth at least £5,000

cue edit by initial poster , new price £5,000

Only problem is lots of folk saw his initial price, so lots of, well, lets just say 'banter', in the following posts.

not cartridges but a few years ago a guy was selling a big bore wildfowling gun on an online forum for lets say £3,000 ono

one of the first replies was bargain, its worth at least £5,000

cue edit by initial poster , new price £5,000

Only problem is lots of folk saw his initial price, so lots of, well, lets just say 'banter', in the following posts.

I remember this :lol:

Just a thought here

Your a shop keeper and lay out a lot of cash on stock it all takes off you do well

10 years later your doing a stock take and find in the back of your stock room a brand new but ten year old item

Do you sell it at new price ?

Or old

Bear in mind that your money has been tied up for 10 years

Personally think it's the manufacturer makes the money not the shop

All the best

Of

Just a thought here

Your a shop keeper and lay out a lot of cash on stock it all takes off you do well

10 years later your doing a stock take and find in the back of your stock room a brand new but ten year old item

Do you sell it at new price ?

Or old

Bear in mind that your money has been tied up for 10 years

Personally think it's the manufacturer makes the money not the shop

All the best

Of

I know a motorbike shop who found 3 bikes in a warehouse 13 years after they stopped making them. 1 now sits in the owners house, one was sold to a collector and the other sits in their showroom (not for sale) but probably worth about 50% more at the least!!