Views on Gun from house to car ?

Snoozer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no neighbours and a long driveway, however I'm always cautious, I use a scaffolding tube slide from my bedroom, the idea is to drop straight into the vehicle akin to Wallace and Gromit, bit painful the first time as I didn't open the sunroof.

Two houses, i'll go halves? :lol:

Yeah but thats ONLY just over 4000 acres each, not sure id like to be hemmed in like that, plus the missus often wanders round half dressed.

I wouldnt wish that horror on anybody :no:

Wouldnt worry about anybody seeing me load the gun into the motor though

I've never hidden the fact that I shoot.

I see no need to flaunt the fact, I see no need to advertise but it is my right and I'm comfortable for anyone to know that I possess firearms.

The law is very clear, I stick to the law - there is no problem!

Generally, my guns are covered in transit but sometimes in the dark, transferring several rifles from truck to home, on my own driveway.........eeeeeek, I go commando!!!

That's rather a silly idea don't you think.

If the neighbours are anti shooting there bound to be anti fishing. You could end up getting the windows bricked in.

And what are you going to carry the cartridges in ??? A maggot box lol

I don't know there's some rather silly replies to this topic.

Don't be so silly I use a tackle bag. Your supposition on those being anti shooting also being anti angling is a bit of a generalisation. I find folk very tolerant of angling and mainly anti driven game shooting with big bags.

I just don't want folk knowing what I have in my house and it works for me. The op was asking for advice, which you appear to have none other than taking the micky of others ideas

Edited by grahamch

I can't believe how many paranoid people there are 😔 Buy the looks of it we don't have worry about the public making us shooters a minority ....... we're doing a darn fine job ourselves

Don't be so silly I use a tackle bag. Your supposition on those being anti shooting also being anti angling is a bit of a generalisation. I find folk very tolerant of angling and mainly anti driven game shooting with big bags.

I just don't want folk knowing what I have in my house and it works for me. The op was asking for advice, which you appear to have none other than taking the micky of others ideas

Graham,

I will be the first to admit I do take micky, I do it on nearly every occasion I can, my outlook on life is i have fun, at my expense and that of others. But never intended to offend or being vindictive.

I have fished I shoot,, I've done a fair amount of ferreting, dressed up as Charlie Chaplain on new years eve, walked round town with a dress on too.

I can be serious, when I think a question deserves a serious reply.

And guess what I even used to sneak out with a BSA meteor hidden in a Rod holdall when I used to go poaching.

Hey dude have a nice Christmas and hope santa brings you some happiness ;-)

I can't believe how many paranoid people there are Buy the looks of it we don't have worry about the public making us shooters a minority ....... we're doing a darn fine job ourselves

That makes 2 of us then, when I take a gun out I simply put it in a slip of if going local just put it in the van unslipped. I live in a small village and no one bats an eye lid when they see me carry a rifle or shotgun and put it in my van, this will vary obviously depending where you live. If I had to hide them away all the time I wouldn't bother going shooting.

That makes 2 of us then, when I take a gun out I simply put it in a slip of if going local just put it in the van unslipped. I live in a small village and no one bats an eye lid when they see me carry a rifle or shotgun and put it in my van, this will vary obviously depending where you live. If I had to hide them away all the time I wouldn't bother going shooting.

Couldn't agree more.

To all the shooter that feel they have to perform all of this covert manoeuvring just to get there perfectly legal gun out of the house. Think on this.

While you think your being covert. To your neighbours you most likely just look suspicious 🤔

Most folk are not as stupid as we think they are

In my experience, the more of a visible deterrent, the better.

Its obvious by sight and by sound, that ive got 2 large dogs(there bark is a LOT worse than there bite, BUT, hearing them, youd be brave to chance it!)

If my neighbours, or any undesirable scrote knows ive got guns as well, then i dont really care. I carry my guns, slipped, into the motor on the street, with no care for whos watching, its legal, so IDGAF.

The neighbours, without exception, ask if they can have some of whatever i shoot, the undesirables can have whatever they want.....IF theyve got the minerals to take it from me :good:

Hiding the fact that i shoot, by disguising the gun in a rod holdall etc is not for me, but hey, each to there own, mocking someone for doing so is not my bag either

My appologies for the question not being of a serious nature !

I shall return to reading rather than interacting with the Forum, as a newcomer to the sport i obviously haven't learnt the differance between a serious and stupid question.

Graham,

I will be the first to admit I do take micky, I do it on nearly every occasion I can, my outlook on life is i have fun, at my expense and that of others. But never intended to offend or being vindictive.

I have fished I shoot,, I've done a fair amount of ferreting, dressed up as Charlie Chaplain on new years eve, walked round town with a dress on too.

And guess what I even used to sneak out with a BSA meteor hidden in a Rod holdall when I used to go poaching.

Hey dude have a nice Christmas and hope santa brings you some happiness ;-)

All the best for the festive season to you as well.

When I used to poach stuff I used a big old BSA Scorpion pistil which went nicely into my coat pocket!

That's 3 of us then and I completely agree with the above.

im careful to a common sense level , most of the folks that pass my house know that i shoot anyway.

i did feel a little embarrassed a while back , i was just dragging a fallow deer from the truck to the back yard on a tarp , as my vegan friend / neighbour appeared , she said "what you got there mel ?" , shes a really lovely person and i felt a very deep shame as she froze on the spot and looked deep into the cold dead eye of that deer.

im careful to a common sense level , most of the folks that pass my house know that i shoot anyway.

i did feel a little embarrassed a while back , i was just dragging a fallow deer from the truck to the back yard on a tarp , as my vegan friend / neighbour appeared , she said "what you got there mel ?" , shes a really lovely person and i felt a very deep shame as she froze on the spot and looked deep into the cold dead eye of that deer.

I trust you gave her some complimentary leather goods to compensate mel? :lol:

I get this as I used to live next door to a bunch of lentil eating do gooders that thought guns were the work of the devil designed to kill all gods fluffy creatures. I did think about getting a t-shirt printed with the PETA logo and the slogan "People For The Eating of Tasty Animals" but the Mrs talked me out of it.

Anyway I used to transfer the guns ina fishing holdall and leave most of the shooting kit in the Shogun.

We moved from there a few years ago and now no problems as were semi rural.

Tomorrow morning, my son and I will load the car with four or five guns in slips or boxes, ammunition and shooting clothing in order to head to Sporting Targets.

We will also be carrying emulsion and a roller to spend a couple of hours at the pattern plate.

I doubt any of the neighbours will give it a second thought.