Molly, ESS bitch 17 months old. Unforeseen circumstances. North East

jgguinness

Molly, 17 month old ESS bitch. A lovely dog, great natured. Training coming on well, great nose on her and is retrieving pigeon well, returns on the whistle, sits and stays. No paperwork but came from working lines. Why do I need to rehome her?? Well here goes...

My wife Sue and mother to our three young children had a massive stroke at the age of 42. This happened late August last year. I've been off work since. She was in hospital until Christmas and came home then but is still having intense rehabilitation. The Stroke has affected her right side and although walking again with assistance her arm is not showing much progress and her speech/communication has been greatly affected too.

Molly lives outside but comes inside for a few hours on a night. Due to Sue being unstable on her feet I can't risk the dog being in when Sues alone. I'm starting to return to work now for longer periods and it's not fair on Molly to be left.

I take her out as much as I can, normally three times a day around the farm/fields. She's mega keen to work.

All I ask is that she goes to a good loving home, will be active and you put a charitable donation towards my Stroke Association fund raising page too.

Any questions just ask. I know a dog is for life, and Molly was until this happened.

Jonny

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

if can be of any assistance please message me , i am a shooter also i assist with spaniel assist rescue , where we foster spaniels and find them good homes , it is to safe guard the dog being snapped up and miss used /or getting in to the wrong hands , you can find us on facebook, also spaniel aid ,

Maybe drop Taxidriver a pm. He's just had a rough experience with a rescue spaniel, maybe Molly could find a good home with him.

All the best to you and your family.

As above read his experience they could maybe help each other.

All the best with your quest.

Maybe drop Taxidriver a pm. He's just had a rough experience with a rescue spaniel, maybe Molly could find a good home with him.

All the best to you and your family.

As above read his experience they could maybe help each other.

All the best with your quest.

Thanks for the thought gents,

And as Much as Molly looks and sounds my dream spaniel,

I fear our recent horrific experience with our Spaniel Aid foster has ruined a lifelong love of dogs for both my wife and myself.

Yours is not an easy post to read twice and I feel for you and your family.

Finding a decent home for the bitch should not be too difficult but good luck with it. The fact that she is a sofa dog will help no end.

Thanks all for the replies and the messages. Reading through them hasn't been easy.

Molly has gone to what sounds like an ideal home. Andy travelled up through the night with his daughter. Really nice genuine people and although it's hard for me, Sue and the kids, it is the best thing for Molly.

He's promised to keep in touch and send photos of her when she's settled in.

A lovely outcome from the good people of this unique forum.

ATB

Jonny

Sorry to hear about the good wife hope all gets back to normal soon, and all I will say is paper work means nothing, as when I was young my father was offered a springer off of a keeper who caught him poaching when he was young before he even thought of me. The keeper retired and this young dog was his latest gift from his boss and as he was not working him he thought long and hard and offered him to my father no paperwork but we didn't want paperwork all we wanted was a good all round dog and that could flush out and retrieve which within a year he was, a cracking dog and companion. The old keeper visited his daughter who lived on the estate where we went and from a distance watched the dog with my father and after seeing the dog running about with my father not straying to far from his feet without my father having to give him a heel command he then knew he had chosen the correct man to have the dog. Hope you have same luck.

PS what a cracking looking dog as well love the face on her.

Edited by johnlewis

• 3 weeks later...

Jonny,

I sincerely hope that all goes well for your good lady.

Having met Andy for the first time yesterday I can assure you that Molly couldn`t have gone to a nicer guy and a better home.

He showed me a video of Molly in training and she`s a cracking dog and coming along superbly.

All the very best for the future.

OB