How many .22 rimmys do you own ?

Just wondering how many .22 rim fire people own .

I have 2 . 1 bolt action & a semi auto . But I want another semi auto , but a short barrel one to use as a " truck gun "

Just wondering if people have more than 3 rimmys??

Edited by rec-baller

"How easy?" is not really the right question to ask! It should never be 'easy'!

It is not whether it is 'easy' or whether it is difficult, rather, it is whether it is justified.

If you have good reason to require one - it will probably be granted - but, it is up to you to justify your need for an additional rifle of the same calibre.

"How easy?" is not really the right question to ask! It should never be 'easy'!

It is not whether it is 'easy' or whether it is difficult, rather, it is whether it is justified.

If you have good reason to require one - it will probably be granted - but, it is up to you to justify your need for an additional rifle of the same calibre.

Im struggling to think of any good reason to have more than one, night vision can be put on and off, why have a semi and a bolt action, barrel length surely doesnt merit good reason when you could easily exchange...

Naturally that doesnt mean another wouldnt be nice to have, it just seems a degree of enthusiasm from ones flo may be required.

About 100 at the momoment.

But I do own a shop.

I think I had 4 on my ticket at one point.

Had something for the range, day time gun, night time and then I think a semi as my feo couldn't be bothered to argue.

Edd

Edd

A good reason why you might need to have a bolt action rifle in addition to a semi?

Most night shooters of .22 will be shooting rabbits. Most will prefer to use subsonic ammunition to keep the noise down.

Some semi auto rifles do not cycle subsonic rounds consistently, especially in winter.

PM me if you want more info!

Cheers,

John.

Edited by Okrang

Im struggling to think of any good reason to have more than one, night vision can be put on and off, why have a semi and a bolt action, barrel length surely doesnt merit good reason when you could easily exchange...

Naturally that doesnt mean another wouldnt be nice to have, it just seems a degree of enthusiasm from ones flo may be required.

I shoot at a club and we shoot different disciplines so have a bolt action for target rifle shoots and a semi for sporting shoots

I have 3.....

.22lr bolt action. CZ 452. Cracking gun, always used with subsonics. Maybe a nice Boyds stock to follow...

.22 WMR, mint Marlin, tube magazine, bolt action. Shortly for sale.....

.17 WSM. Heavy stainless barrel, lovely thumb hole stock. 8 round mag. Groups well under 1 inch, bar the 2 fliers i always seem to get....

But only takes the group to 1.5". Very sweet to shoot. Only seems to be 20 grain V-Max around at the moment, so waiting to try other makes of ammo, for a more consistent group...

I now only have one, although I used to have both .22lr and .22mag.

I can't recall what reason I gave for the second but it was granted no problem. My licensing authority were never aware that one was lr and the other mag as they were both down on my ticket as rf, which is how it should be.

If you have good reason then go for it; it's all you need.

I do really fancy a SA22, I shall have to get thinking of good reasons.

The fact that my right hand shooting better half doesnt like my left handed 452 is probably the easiest to fly, shared safe so if she got one it would need to go on both tickets.

I have 3.....

.22lr bolt action. CZ 452. Cracking gun, always used with subsonics. Maybe a nice Boyds stock to follow...

.17 WSM. Heavy stainless barrel, lovely thumb hole stock. 8 round mag. Groups well under 1 inch, bar the 2 fliers i always seem to get....

But only takes the group to 1.5". Very sweet to shoot. Only seems to be 20 grain V-Max around at the moment, so waiting to try other makes of ammo, for a more consistent group...

Off school the day they did counting? ;)

Looks like TWO from the list above are ".22's"

Edited by saddler

I have 3.....

HOW MANY 22's NOT 17 RIM FIRES!!