Cz or Anschutz

Wasabi

No.....they will both shoot better than you can.

22lr tends to be a bit of a workhorse, so I cant see the point of having a prettier/more expensive one.

Saying that though, I do have a P94s, which is better and prettier than both of the above but i got it for CZ money :good:

If you want the best value for money by a CZ, if you want the best buy an Anschutz.

I have CZ’s and they are fantastic but under no illusion if I won the lottery on Saturday I would be trading them for an Anschutz or Sako etc.

Until then my CZ and Tikka rifles will still shoot more accurately than I can.

i have cz in hmr ,annie in .22 and sold a sako quad recently in .22. If you like 2 stage triggers the annie is excellent you wont get better,accuracy wise i doubt theres alot of difference,build quality and blueing goes to the annie,fit a trigger kit to the cz and its spot on,both do thumbhole stocks which are excellent,i personally would choose cz over sako although the annies is better,you pays your money and takes your chance

if i was to have to choose and it was going to be a keeper i would go anshutz every time

As good as the cz's are for the money, they aren't in the same league as the anschutz in terms of quality. Also, looking closely at the 455, no way would in change my 452 for one. I've had a cz for years, they're good rifles,many cz owners will say you can't beat a cz and its waste of money buying anything more expensive. I also have an anschutz and an hw60, both are superior to the cz without a doubt. If cost isn't a problem, and you want the best, the cz 455 isn't for you.

Love my Annie 1416. Had it five plus years and it's never missed a beat. It shoots all sorts of ammo well unlike some guns that are ammo fussy. Great trigger straight out of the box.

Recently bought another .22LR a Sako Finnfire 2 carbine synthetic stock which shoots great now it's shot in.

My friend has a hw 66 nice gun, I have 455 t/h .17hmr, 455 American .22, not the same quality, but when we shoot at paper nothing in it at different distances, I could spend more, but I'm very happy with them so no reason for me to do so, shot a lot of rabbits etc good tools, only swapped the trigger springs, got t3 s/s .308, suppose I'm boreing, but they work well for me.

So....

I'm in the market for a. 22 rimfire. Budget ain't really an issue but I hate spending money on things that ain't worth it. In you guys opinion is the fit, finish and trigger significantly better on an Anschutz 1416 than a CZ 455?

Significantly is a key word here, and frankly, under the heading Significantly I'd say NO!

However, if you just say is the Anschutz Better?

Fit...depends what shape you are I guess.

Finish....Yes

Trigger.....Yes

Is it any more accurate in the field...NO

Is it any more reliable....NO

Will it give you any advantage in the field....NO

Trigger kit for CZ "IF" you feel you need it around £13-15.00.

Pay your money and take your choice, but don't expect your world to change because you spend loads more money on an Anschutz than CZ, it won't.

Edited by Dekers

Cz452 over the 455, with the trigger kit, it will make it better but still won't be great or as good as an anshutz or hw. Accuracy wise, it's matching the ammo to the rifle and keeping it constant, if target shooting buy an anshutz if using on rabbits etc a 452 will be as good if not better than you need.

Anshutz mpr is a good cross between target and hunting, if you don't mind the weight.

Sako finfire are worth a look the older models and the weirhauchs are nice too.

I target shoot with a 455 but going to upgrade when I find a rifle and stock combination I like and get on with.

Bolt is far smoother and trigger is slightly better,generally a better finished off rifle,the 455 is sort of a multi action so cheaper to make they add different calibre barrels and infill bits with plastic instead of making the whole lot calibre specific.

hello, what is the difference between the CZ 452 and 455 ? you would expect a £700 Anshutz to be a better rifle compared to a £300 ish C Z , but with a change of trigger spring a good hunting tool.

If you want a proper trigger in a 455 you would be better of removing and fitting a whole upgraded trigger unit.

Bolt is far smoother and trigger is slightly better,generally a better finished off rifle,the 455 is sort of a multi action so cheaper to make they add different calibre barrels and infill bits with plastic instead of making the whole lot calibre specific.

If you want a proper trigger in a 455 you would be better of removing and fitting a whole upgraded trigger unit.

hello Albert, many thanks for info, my 455 suites me ok, it is the american short barrel and S A K MOD,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper