High Street sheep shearers.

Cranfield

I love the Turkish barbers - Great haircut, trim my eyebrows, candle in the ear'ole and up my nose for a tidy up and a head massage - Wonderful.

What I don't get are these new geezer barbers, where they're all silly swept back hair and beards and leather aprons with tattoo sleeves, doing a rubbish "steampunk" type barbering "experience" where you get to chug a craft beer or bourbon while they call you "bro" while giving you the same stupid shaved sides and back combed haircut, but for £25 a pop.

:lol::lol: Do they also ask "Something for the weekend sir"?

Edited by Whitebridges

I do my own with clippers,

No guard takes 5 minutes......

I am follically challenged though,

Been doing it this way for years, can't remember when I last visited a barbers, it was run by a very nice young lady who used clippers and scissors......

:shaun:

Same as me mate it disappeared at bout 23 years old lol, it's a "0" for me no guard lol

I have noticed a lot of these Turkish places popping up,

I wonder if they go to college to get qualified lol lol lol lol

Flynny

Oh I have tried it, about 4 weeks after the experience my hair had grown into the style/length I asked for when I went into the shop. :rolleyes:

For the first 4 weeks I looked as though I had been visited by the Nit Nurse.

Whatever you ask for, you get what they give you.

One advantage was that I didn't need it cut again for about 12 weeks.

I get the impression they have little to no training, just wave the shears until nothing else comes off.

They do all seem to come from the Middle East, but I am not sure they are Turkish.

Being an OAP I can get my traditional haircut for £7-8, but I pay £15.

The "Turkish" shops charge OAPs about the same price (£7-10)

That's bad luck. My barbers are excellent and will advise but ultimately cut it how you ask for.

He has 5 barbers including himself, and the 10 waiting chairs mean people are standing waiting for a cut. Queues from the minute he opens till closing time 6 days a week.

Charges £12 so costs me £15 with a decent tip, but he clippers my beard and shapes, eyebrows and if you're unlucky ears too.

Edited by Cosd

It's over forty years since I visited a barber. Young lady hairdressers have a much better line of conversation along the lines of 'are you having a day off' and 'where are you going on holiday this year?' They also have the benefit of traditional 'charms' which can be draped around the ears during the cut.

:lol::lol::lol:

£9 at me local barbers, uses scissors and shaver for small tidy ups outside of skinhead. Says he goes through a good set of scissors every couple of months and does not buy cheap as is false economy.

atb

7diaw

:lol::lol: Do they also ask "Something for the weekend sir"?

I'd forgoten about that one. When I was a little kid the barber who everybody called >> "Sharper" asked all of the old boys that. I remember one old boy replying that he could do with his lawnmower having a sharpen ! it meant nothing to me. perhaps his Mrs needed the use of it at the weekend. :hmm: Also I remember he had a plank of wood across the seat arms that the kids sat on to raise them up. and he used to sell fags and rizla's.

Same as me mate it disappeared at bout 23 years old lol, it's a "0" for me no guard lol

I have noticed a lot of these Turkish places popping up,

I wonder if they go to college to get qualified lol lol lol lol

Flynny

I suppose with our years of training and practice we could open up our own college..... Charge a fortune, sit back and retire after a few months

:shaun:

Jings you guys pay a fair bit to get your hair cut. £4.80 here - regardless of what you want. 3 women run the shop together, 2 of them have been there 20+ years and worked for the old boy who had the shop before them.

Mind you, I still have my own clipper at home. Depends what mood I'm in whether they get used or not...

Your hairs always a mess any way you tramp

Yes it does have the ability to look a mess,

I can grow it.

I can get it cut to any length I want.

I could dye it if I felt I needed to.

I could even put rollers in it.

What can you do with your little tuffed of fluff ???

I am just glad the new modern hipster barbers actually listen to what you want. The amount of times i went into an "old fashioned" barbers and no matter what i asked for i always got the same hair cut regardless short back and sides.

Our local chain is "Mr" and must admit i have used a couple of the different ones and all the different lads in the local town one and all of them have given a good haircut, plus they make a decent cup of tea!

I am just glad the new modern hipster barbers actually listen to what you want. The amount of times i went into an "old fashioned" barbers and no matter what i asked for i always got the same hair cut regardless short back and sides.

Our local chain is "Mr" and must admit i have used a couple of the different ones and all the different lads in the local town one and all of them have given a good haircut, plus they make a decent cup of tea!

We used to have a barber's in our village (Barton) he also ran the fishing tackle shop. Whilst cutting your hair he would take a break to serve a customer with a pint of maggots and casters, and maybe 1/2 pint of pinkies.

Then get back to your hair after dusting off his hands on his trousers.

I once went in and asked for a light trim, I didn't realise that the "light" meant, very little hair left on my head. Lol

The amount of times i went into an "old fashioned" barbers and no matter what i asked for i always got the same hair cut regardless

My barber is a bit like that, not a short back and sides, but I always come out with the haircut he wants me to have. Mind you, he is a proper barber which is getting hard to find round here so I will still keep going there.

£15!? Sweet baby Jesus. I go to a barbers which is run by a woman. Short back and sides using scissors is £7.00. Admittedly you're in the chair for around a minute but I prefer that.

When she says how would you like it cut Gar, she knows the answer is simply, short.

Never been one for brushing my hair never mind styling

Wow. Thats a price for a cut, shampoo and blow dry round here. ;)

I tried a turkish barber 2 months ago , i won't be going back.

I use a barbers in the next town, the lad that cuts my hair is an ex jockey , is a vegetarian who rides with the hunt, and is passionate about his horses, he is a nutter ,but he cuts my hair spot on every time, they raised the prices 2 weeks ago to £9, can't complain the banter is worth that alone. :lol: