Mobile phone messages

steve_b_wales

Too true. She's asked me for advice first. His wife also works in the same office as the both of them. Personally, I would go onto him in front of his wife, but she's unsure what to do yet.

hello steve, oh that is a very tricky situation and must stress your colleague out big time, i would retrieve a txt or 2 make sure it comes from his phone, somehow print out or keep a record, does he have to have her number ? if not get a new number and do not give him or his wife, if that fails and it continues she might not have any choice but to report, what a heathen

Um, seems strange that a bloke whose wife works in same office is sending "unsolicited" sexual texts to a lady... !!!!

Nothing 'strange' about it at all. Perverted, yes. She had a load of messages sent to her last weekend. Makes no difference if his wife also works in the office. (a very large HR office)

Nothing 'strange' about it at all. Perverted, yes. She had a load of messages sent to her last weekend. Makes no difference if his wife also works in the office. (a very large HR office)

Unfortunately you are right there steve, wont stop him doing it.

As red dot says it is all retrievable. Although deleting it wasnt necessarily the best idea. She has in effect deleted evidence of this happening.

As I see it, there are two ways to play this.

1 - she tells him to back off, to his face and on text (written proof) him and say she has the messages and will take it further(involve police) for sexual harassment if it does not stop.

2- dont give him chance to stop and go to phone provider and police.

It will not be fun, and she will need to be strong willed. But this kind of carp should not happen to anyone.

Met a couple on holiday this year and his job was to do exactly what your asking, retrieve data from phones and computers, forensic something or other, he was telling me that everything can retrieved unless you totally destoy the phone or hard drive on pc.

It deffo wants reporting, wouldnt be surprised if its happening to more than one person.

She needs to get the messages back first, then can decided how to approach it. Personally, I would confront him while his wife is nearby, before taking it further to higher management/police etc. She's not a strong willed person. She confided in me because we go back to our childhood days. I offered to approach him myself, but she won't allow it.

My friend once defended 5 men wrongly accused of abusing a young female child and the mens phone and internet history was retrieved even though the hardware was old and discarded. A fingerprint trace was got from ISP & phone providers.

Turns out her mother had got her to lie to get back at her ex.

Hmm - dodgy ground here I think that could potentially unfold in many ways.

Rather than just a stand alone message that could be in or out of context, you might be best to get all recent messages that were sent and received so that previous proof of anything that may - or may not - have opened a door to the offending message might be prudent.

Rather than just a stand alone message that could be in or out of context, you might be best to get all recent messages that were sent and received so that previous proof of anything that may - or may not - have opened a door to the offending message might be prudent.

Spot on.

All correspondence in the conversation would need to be shown to prove it was all one way traffic imo.

She had the text messages all in one night (last Saturday) and nothing before. She's wondering if he was drunk. (no excuse of course) She is currently on sick leave after having an operation, and hasn't been in work for the past 3 weeks.

Or

He could have sent them to the wrong number/person

If it happened once on one night

Don't want to hang the bloke until both sides of the story are told

Anyone here ever sent a text to the wrong person??

Just a thought

Of

This.

She needs to quietly ask him if the txts were meant for her.

Or

Just a thought

Of

Yup, sent and received.

Panic for the first one and almost wet myself for the other.

If sent in error, fair enough, but if intentional, not.

Or

Just a thought

Of

This is easy done. I have to be very very careful with my texts to the wife as alphabetically my daughter is next in line.

I haven't messed up yet but it would be very very embarrassing if I did.

Still think its weird that the bloke did this..

Edited by ips