Nuneaton gunman!

walt1980

It will be interesting to see this run its length. At least it was brought to a swift conclusion.

The perpetrator was alive and no one was physically injured although I should think counsellors in the West Midlands will be busy for a while.

Was it a legally held firearm?

There were reports of it being a "sawn off" Shotgun.

What did the fool hope to achieve by holding his ex partner and her boss hostage?

charged with possesion of an imitation firearm....................

So I wonder what the loud bangs that folk reported were ? Sounds like a load of tosh either way.

Glad nobody was hurt thats the main thing.

Edited by stevo

I thought the loud bangs were the "Flash-Bangs used by the Police as a destraction to allow entry to the building.

+1, that was my understanding as nobody actually heard him firing, which is understandable seeing as it wasn't real.

Still no less terrifying for those involved

:shaun:

It will be registered as a firearms incident unfortunately, regardless of it being an imitation.

Reading Colin Greenwoods book at the moment; it is a real eye opener with regards to how the politicians rode rough shod over the English right to bear arms and with special emphasis on the way firearms in crime statistics have been reported, compiled and presented since 1903.

Enlightening.

Suicide by cop attempt in front of the ex, pathetic individual.

Think calling someone pathetic with out knowing exactly what might be the issue is a bit harsh. They might have a mental health issue and to them the only rational thing to do is what they did. We will never know. And we will never know what goes on in other peoples minds. So I disagree with him being a "pathetic individual"

Think calling someone pathetic with out knowing exactly what might be the issue is a bit harsh. They might have a mental health issue and to them the only rational thing to do is what they did. We will never know. And we will never know what goes on in other peoples minds. So I disagree with him being a "pathetic individual"

Well we can agree to disagree there then. Wanting to commit suicide is one thing, being lucid enough to try to get a police officer to kill you is entirely another. And apparently wanting to do it in front of an ex to get back at them without even having the guts to do it himself makes him pathetic in my book.

Well we can agree to disagree there then. Wanting to commit suicide is one thing, being lucid enough to try to get a police officer to kill you is entirely another. And apparently wanting to do it in front of an ex to get back at them without even having the guts to do it himself makes him pathetic in my book.

Plus one.... I would just ad VERY. This stupid pathetic person could easily have gotten some innocent person killed. Had he pointed this 'imitation' gun at one of those armed officers they would have every right to put a couple of rounds in him. Never mind how well trained strays do occur putting innocent parties in danger. Deserves everything he gets, but some liberal do gooder or even judge, will no doubt come forward and say what a really nice person he was and doesn't deserve to go to jail. eg the young female let off for stabbing or boyfriend recently.

So this is the second incident in Nuneaton in the last few months.. Remember the school kid who walked into Higham Lane school with his Dads shotgun and 200 cartridges. Fortunately he gave himself up and no one was hurt. He got sentenced to 6 years.

I have lived in Nuneaton for over 50 years, but now it's getting like the Wild West. So glad I moved to the peace and quiet of the Herefordshire countryside.