Bombs away (Syria) ...

Lloyd90

Well apparently the USA, France and the UK, have launched air strikes on chemical facilities in Syria. 

Russians are piling troops into the country and Assad is moving his assets into Russian military bases so our allies don’t bomb them... 

Is now the time to start digging the bunker out the back? Lol 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well look at it like this if Russia do drop the bomb on us it’s going to solve the ageing crisis in the NHS, the housing industry will pick up we will need to rebuild homes & they might have to deal with a rather large road pothole :lol: always think positive :good:

Edited by blackbird

hey ho here we go again!!

what is it with the leaders of this country ?

is it part of the T&C,s of stepping into No10 that they put the American puppet strings on and wait for "the gold ole US of A " to pull and tug on them .

but this time its  nut case trumpy bear on the other end................................................. god are we stuffed !!!

Edited by hodge911

50 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Well apparently the USA, France and the UK, have launched air strikes on chemical facilities in Syria. 

Russians are piling troops into the country and Assad is moving his assets into Russian military bases so our allies don’t bomb them... 

Is now the time to start digging the bunker out the back? Lol 

Started digging last weekend!

57 minutes ago, Scully said:

Have turned off the tv; I just cant abide opposition politicians using this as an opportunity to point score. They don’t care about the Syrian people anymore than they care about us.....it’s just a game to them. How I detest politicians. 

+1 and the Biased BC is giving them all the air time they can get away with, no balance whatsoever.

Here we go again, let’s turn Syria inside out, throw billions of taxpayers money at a lost cause makes me sick the British government can always find money to go to war, but to fund our old age care the British people have to give up nearly all there savings & homes.

Edited by blackbird

33 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Not many things worry me, but all this Syria thing does! I think we’re being lied to again.

:unhappy::good:

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Have turned off the tv; I just cant abide opposition politicians using this as an opportunity to point score. They don’t care about the Syrian people anymore than they care about us.....it’s just a game to them. How I detest politicians. 

:good: Yet more agreement from moi, you should be getting rather worried :lol:.

29 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Not many things worry me, but all this Syria thing does! I think we’re being lied to again.

But...thats like saying its a conspiracy :whistling:

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Thats what they do, theyre the opposition, whatever one says ,the other opposes, no matter what it is !

21012609_6089695384753_7143747673835700224_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJxZV9ncm91cHMiOlsibm9fc2FmZV9pbWFnZV9mb3JfYWRzX2ltYWdlIl19&oh=b704c35fa946551d070a218e35480402&oe=5B59FBD6

Does anyone else think it a little suspicious that the OPCW were SUPPOSED to inspect the Douma site today ?
Apparently they arent now :lol:

If the chemical attacks are true and happening I think it’s right we take action to stop it. 

If were being lied to someone should be held accountable. 

As for the politicians scoring points the snp snivelling scroat on the bbc this morning I could have happily throttled. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

+1

1 hour ago, hodge911 said:

what is it with the leaders of this country ?

is it part of the T&C,s of stepping into No10 that they put the American puppet strings on and wait for "the gold ole US of A " to pull and tug on them .

Its what one does between allies.

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

If the chemical attacks are true and happening I think it’s right we take action to stop it. 

If were being lied to someone should be held accountable. 

As for the politicians scoring points the snp snivelling scroat on the bbc this morning I could have happily throttled. 

+1

44 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Here we go again, let’s turn Syria inside out, throw billions of taxpayers money at a lost cause makes me sick the British government can always find money to go to war, but to fund our old age care the British people have to give up nearly all there savings & homes.

Well, all I can say is a big well done to our Prime Minister. It makes me proud to be British to know that we, as a nation, have taken a stance against such a despicable regime.

Oh, and as to the last part of your post, why shouldn't the old contribute to their care, they can't take it with them.

11 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Well, all I can say is a big well done to our Prime Minister. It makes me proud to be British to know that we, as a nation, have taken a stance against such a despicable regime.

+1  - Working with and supporting our allies, which doesn't mean we have to like their leaders, but being allies carries responsibilities.

11 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Oh, and as to the last part of your post, why shouldn't the old contribute to their care, they can't take it with them.

The 'old' have already paid - paid regularly all their working lives, and one of the things they have paid for is our defence.  The defence budget (46 £B) is a fraction of the social security budget (240 £B).  The amount of the defence budget spent in Syria will be only a small fraction of the overall defence budget.

Edited by JohnfromUK

https://www.rt.com/news/424111-putin-us-strikes-syria-violation/

Attacking a sovereign country without a UN mandate and before the UNHC has had a chance to examine the truth and validity behind the claims............why would you not wait a few days to make sure Assad and Putin get shown to be the liars that you say they are ? Maybe they bombed the non existing evidence ? 

42 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Theres taking a stance, and theres steaming in with military force against an unproven act, and pretty much because America told us to.
The other day May was going to wait for proof, and run it past parliament, but she obviously got the phone call, and here we are.

4 minutes ago, Hamster said:

https://www.rt.com/news/424111-putin-us-strikes-syria-violation/

Attacking a sovereign country without a UN mandate and before the UNHC has had a chance to examine the truth and validity behind the claims............why would you not wait a few days to make sure Assad and Putin get shown to be the liars that you say they are ? Maybe they bombed the non existing evidence ? 

Exactly. theyve sent 100 missiles in there to take out 3 warehouses apparently, Im just waiting for the civilian casualty reports.

21 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

I am sure this action will bring peace and happiness to the people of Syria. The same as the American lead action has in all the other countries the USA chose to test their militaria.and all in the name of humanitarian aid. 

Just like Russia then.

I watch the film threads the dramatization of a nuclear attach on Sheffield the other night. The parallels are really chilling in the run up to the fictitious nuclear strike portrayed in the film. Its only going to take collateral damage to some Russian staff / equipment for it all to go to hell.   

59 minutes ago, Zetter said:

I watch the film threads the dramatization of a nuclear attach on Sheffield the other night. The parallels are really chilling in the run up to the fictitious nuclear strike portrayed in the film. Its only going to take collateral damage to some Russian staff / equipment for it all to go to hell.   

I've just read the plot of this film on Wikipedia, chilling is an understatement!

8 minutes ago, Ricko said:

I've just read the plot of this film on Wikipedia, chilling is an understatement!

Very scary film was 'Threads' 
Its not what happens during an attack, or even the immediate aftermath, radiation ect, its title reflects how the threads of society unravel.
With things never really being the same again.
Its worth a watch if youve never seen it.
Its worth a watch if you have, just to remind you what the stakes are.